Amazon.ca rewards mastercard?

Spotthecat

Mouseketeer
Is this new? I used to have an amazon credit card, but it got discontinued and now I'm using my PC card like crazy. But I do a _lot_ of amazon shopping...hmmm...

Yes, this is a new card. It could be interesting. It does have an FX mark-up, though.
Good to know. When the Amazon Visa was discontinued, we went to the Home Trust Visa for the no FX charge (DD was doing her masters in Finland). We use it all the time, and won't switch back.

If you are already Prime then it could be worth it. The cash back on Prime is 2.5% on forex, so effectively it is a no-forex offer (cashback is the same as the forex - same idea as how Rogers card works). You only get 1% if you are not prime.

This offering is now with MBNA (owned by TD Bank) instead of the former card offering from Chase.

Interesting. I still think the Rogers World Elite MasterCard is better for FX purchases as you get a net 1.5% back. Also, I combine this with the Meridian Cash Back credit card where I get 4% back at the grocery store. I purchase Amazon gift cards and use them for all my Amazon purchases, so again, getting 4% back on Amazon purchases.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts