Amazon Prime Now delivery

TinyTGO

Mouseketeer
This question may have been asked and answered... probably several times... but I can't seem to find it in the search bar.

We are staying at Bay Lake next week, and wanted to know how Amazon Prime delivery worked logistically. Last year we used it at Saratoga a couple of times. Once they dropped our items off at the bell desk, and once to our room directly. There was no fee in either case.

A year has passed and things may have changed, and obviously logistically it's not practical for a room delivery at BLT. So, does Amazon pull up and wait for you to come down or do they deliver it to the bell service? If they deliver it to the bell service is there a fee?

If it makes a difference, the items we are buying are diapers, bottles of water, yogurt, and other snack foods.

does Amazon pull up and wait for you to come down or do they deliver it to the bell service? If they deliver it to the bell service is there a fee?
I used it in April. I started my order while i was at home. We arrived and with our room not ready headed off to Epcot. Around 3-4pm i decided to finish up my order on the app. Super easy and I feel the prices are more consistent with what we pay in the store vs the inflated prices of garden grocer. Any ways. When i was done with my order I could select a sooner time (might have been 6-8pm), but I believe there was a fee to get it quicker/expedited. I ended choosing an 8-10pm window because I knew we wouldn't be back to the resort until at least 9pm. We were at Poly and they delivered to bell services. We chose to pick it up from bell services because we only had a few bags and water, but if you have a larger order bell services could deliver to your room. I doubt with all the safety and security issues that they would allow the Amazon delivery person to go to the room, but I could be wrong.

All along I was getting updates - order being prepared, order on its way and order arrived. At poly we did not encounter any fee from the resort. I believe that i have read that at some of the resorts which have conference centers sometimes there is a per package fee, maybe $5. The only addition to our order was a tip. Not sure if that was based on the amount, number of bags or just a set tip. We order some dairy items which came in an insulated bag with ice packs. I was very impressed with how efficient the whole process was.

Poly didn't charge any service fee? I don't really mind paying, but I prefer to know what the bill is going to be before I get it

I just checked our invoice from our April 2018 trip. There was no service fee added to our room, our prime now delivery was delivered to guest services and brought to our room by a poly employee.

Poly didn't charge any service fee?
Poly did not charge me a fee. I found my receipt in my emails. The only added amount on top of my order was a $5 tip. A different resort might have different rules, so your best bet might be to call MS and see if that resort does charge any delivery/package fees.

We used Prime Now at BWV and Poly in the last few months. Orders were dropped off with Bell Services (we called them a bit later on to arrange delivery to the room) and there was no delivery fee from Disney. We did pay a tip via the Prime Now app and also tipped Bell Services when they brought the items to our room.

Thanks for posting this, we'll be doing this for the first time in December at Kidani. We don't need a lot of things so a Garden Grocer Order doesn't make sense, but we want to have some breakfast things and a few sundries delivered and as Prime members this seems to be the way to go.

We used Amazon Prome Now when we stayed at BLT this past February. They dropped off the order at the Contemporary bell service in the lobby. They called our room and asked if we wanted to pick it up or have bell services deliver it directly to our room. There weren’t any fees to have it delivered to the room.

Interesting. Do you know if I could use my DS20's Prime Student membership? He won't be on the trip with us though.

I don’t think that it matters that he would be on the trip. They never checked an ID or anything. They just wanted the address and room number. I would just log into his account and try add something to the cart. I’m guessing you’d get an error or message if you are unable to use the service.

When I stayed in February at Coronado... I did not get charged... I also sent my stuff 10 days in advance..

Interesting. Do you know if I could use my DS20's Prime Student membership? He won't be on the trip with us though.
I used Amazon Prime Now for my trip last September and will use the same service for my next trip. Make sure to download the Amazon Prime Now app and sign in with his info ahead of time. This is a separate app from the regular Amazon. I have been adding to a shopping cart in my Prime Now app over the past week, for my WDW trip next week. Stock changes frequently so keep an eye on that before you submit your order.

Update...

We just got back from our trip. We tried out the Amazon Prime Now at BLT, and it worked great. If you don't put in the instructions to deliver to Bay Lake Tower specifically it will go to the Contemporary. There was no fee although we did tip both the bellman and the Amazon driver. Also, Amazon delivers beer which is awesome.

We were very happy with the experience

That is great news! I wanted send food from prime so did not have to put them in our luggage. Now I know for the next time.

The beer option was clutch. They have a bunch of craft 6 packs for $8-10. The more mainstream beers aren't at Walmart prices, but it's pretty amazing to have a case of beer dropped off to your room for grocery store prices.

What is all available? Can you get fresh produce/meat? Or is it just prepackaged items?

Update...

We just got back from our trip. We tried out the Amazon Prime Now at BLT, and it worked great. If you don't put in the instructions to deliver to Bay Lake Tower specifically it will go to the Contemporary. There was no fee although we did tip both the bellman and the Amazon driver. Also, Amazon delivers beer which is awesome.

We were very happy with the experience
Hi
Good to know! I am thinking of using them for BLT as well (Garden Grocer prices have gotten insane). Did they deliver to lobby of BLT? Did you have to be there to sign, or did Bell Services just take it? And did you order Alcohol?

TIA!

This question may have been asked and answered... probably several times... but I can't seem to find it in the search bar.

We are staying at Bay Lake next week, and wanted to know how Amazon Prime delivery worked logistically. Last year we used it at Saratoga a couple of times. Once they dropped our items off at the bell desk, and once to our room directly. There was no fee in either case.

A year has passed and things may have changed, and obviously logistically it's not practical for a room delivery at BLT. So, does Amazon pull up and wait for you to come down or do they deliver it to the bell service? If they deliver it to the bell service is there a fee?

If it makes a difference, the items we are buying are diapers, bottles of water, yogurt, and other snack foods.

Bell service will hold and refrigerate it for you. I usually finalize my order at the airport and select a delivery time around 4 since we should have our room by then.

The beer option was clutch. They have a bunch of craft 6 packs for $8-10. The more mainstream beers aren't at Walmart prices, but it's pretty amazing to have a case of beer dropped off to your room for grocery store prices.

How does Amazon Prime Now work with ordering alcohol? Do I need to be there with an ID at the time of delivery or can I just show Bell Services my ID when I pick it up? Just want to make sure I schedule my delivery time correctly if I need to be there to show ID. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!