Amending booking

2005michelle83

Mouseketeer
Hello all
Hope everyone is coping well.
We are looking at having to re-book our holiday for next August as it's looking unlikely that we will be able to go, particularly if the 14 day quarantine rule is in place.
We have until 19th June to decide as that's when we are due to pay the balance. I have spoken to WDW and our options at this point is to cancel and lose the deposit or re-book for next year with a £50 admin charge.
So it looks like we'll be booking for next August. Only problem is the prices aren't honoured. We had a cracking deal, as we had the free dining included, so if we change to next year, we have to pay full price.
My question is, what happens if free dining is later released? Can we amend the booking again to include this? Also, we would be looking to scale back on the dining to disney dining plus, rather than deluxe.
If anyone has any thoughts or comments, i'd be happy to hear them, rather than wait on hold for another 45 mins!

So I have a few thoughts:
1) 'Free dining' is never really free per se, it means you get no other discounts (room discount for example), so it may be worth weighing up the actual saving for your family.
2) In the past I have booked a package then free dining was released and Disney allowed this to be added. However, I would caveat that by saying the free dining was released only a few days or a week after I booked.
3) I think there are a lot of people who will lose their free dining. I am travelling in September and still trying to decide if I should move to next year. Assuming we are part of a wider whole who will all feel stung by these changes, increased costs and losing free dining...then I find it unlikely that Disney would simply allow this to be added as per my previous experience. More likely they would let you 'switch' bookings, possibly at cost like your admin fee and as per 1) above, this would likely remove any existing booking, charge 'rack-rate' on the room and then apply the free dining offer.

The whole situation is all a bit rubbish and I'm sorry you've had to move your trip but your not alone.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for your helpful and honest reply :)

Its absolutely devastating, we had two weeks booked at the BC resort, garden view room, deluxe dining plan.

Now it seems we may have to scale right back to get anything close to what we were due to pay :'(

I share your pain. I'm currently booked into the AKL with a deluxe dining plan and $300 of gift cards for September but who knows if it will go ahead?! I've already booked next year for the Polynesian as a back-up plan if I do get cancelled but the price difference is eye-watering and at the moment I don't have any dining for next year's booking. I suspect the dining and gift cards will be lost if I am cancelled which really sucks!

So I have a few thoughts:
1) 'Free dining' is never really free per se, it means you get no other discounts (room discount for example), so it may be worth weighing up the actual saving for your family.
2) In the past I have booked a package then free dining was released and Disney allowed this to be added. However, I would caveat that by saying the free dining was released only a few days or a week after I booked.
3) I think there are a lot of people who will lose their free dining. I am travelling in September and still trying to decide if I should move to next year. Assuming we are part of a wider whole who will all feel stung by these changes, increased costs and losing free dining...then I find it unlikely that Disney would simply allow this to be added as per my previous experience. More likely they would let you 'switch' bookings, possibly at cost like your admin fee and as per 1) above, this would likely remove any existing booking, charge 'rack-rate' on the room and then apply the free dining offer.

The whole situation is all a bit rubbish and I'm sorry you've had to move your trip but your not alone.

Hope this helps.
While of course nothing is free, generally room discounts are only given in U.K. in the New Year via a stay say 10 days and get 4 free. But many book way before thst. Is it better to pay the price and no free dining or take the free dining?

I will accept some rooms last year went up in price a day or w before release of free dining, but not all.

i'm in exactly the same position, Holiday at AKL mid August for 2 weeks, with the Dining pass. I'm hopeful that its more a waiting game now they have announced opening schedule and they are working through the plans for international travel considering their borders are shut to Europe. i don't think they can expect people will travel next year with the likely recession and impact on jobs due to Covid

Currently the date on Disney holidays is the 30th June, but hoping with US and UK unlikely to allow travel to each other its going to force their hand soon...

i'm in exactly the same position, Holiday at AKL mid August for 2 weeks, with the Dining pass. I'm hopeful that its more a waiting game now they have announced opening schedule and they are working through the plans for international travel considering their borders are shut to Europe. i don't think they can expect people will travel next year with the likely recession and impact on jobs due to Covid

Currently the date on Disney holidays is the 30th June, but hoping with US and UK unlikely to allow travel to each other its going to force their hand soon...
I believe it will to be honest. Even if it does get brought on, it won't last more than a couple of weeks I Personally feel.
Boris and Trump get on quite well so I think we'll do a deal almost and say US can come into the UK without having to quarantine and vice versa.
I realise the UK is small compared to America but we do bring a LOT of tourism to America, Florida specifically, especially as we stay longer so spend more theoretically as opposed to Americans and locals so it will be madness if they keep the quarantine rule.
Fingers crossed everything works out 🤞🏻

Hello all
Hope everyone is coping well.
We are looking at having to re-book our holiday for next August as it's looking unlikely that we will be able to go, particularly if the 14 day quarantine rule is in place.
We have until 19th June to decide as that's when we are due to pay the balance. I have spoken to WDW and our options at this point is to cancel and lose the deposit or re-book for next year with a £50 admin charge.
So it looks like we'll be booking for next August. Only problem is the prices aren't honoured. We had a cracking deal, as we had the free dining included, so if we change to next year, we have to pay full price.
My question is, what happens if free dining is later released? Can we amend the booking again to include this? Also, we would be looking to scale back on the dining to disney dining plus, rather than deluxe.
If anyone has any thoughts or comments, i'd be happy to hear them, rather than wait on hold for another 45 mins!
Do you book through the WDTC? An option would be join Quidco as they give you a 3% cashback on holidays booked through the Disney travel company. I've done it for years and if you cancel then later on rebook using the Quidco link any trip over £1500 will get you that £50 back, of course we know there is no Disney trip that cheap. This leaves you free to wait until free dining comes up. That'll be my pan of action if I decide to cancel. I've priced a trip for next year just in case and I'll lose my £50 deposit, but, I'll get at least £90 in cashback, so £40 better off and if Quidco do an offer of an increased cashback then it could be more. I being doing this for years and WDTC are one of the most reliable when it comes to paying out the cashback and it cost you nothing to join.

It was a shock waking up and reading that all DDPs are cancelled until the end of the year and so are all ADRs, although you can book them 60 days out now. They are not doing FPs either, but, I went before they brought any kind of FP in, so I'm okay with that as I think park numbers are going to be low enough for reasonably short (less than 30 mins) wait and it'll encourage me not to bypass FoP or MF as I've never done them without a FP. I'm waiting to hear back from VA as I might just cancel my open ticket with them altogether and rebook with BA for a direct flight. I don't think it fair if they won't refund my exit seat as they cancelled the flight, not me. Now all we need to do is wait and see if Trump removes the ban, for me that is the biggest obstacle, actually getting into Florida in the first place. As tourism is huge to the Floridian economy he might just do that sooner rather than later.
To be honest, it's the thought of relatively low crowds that is most appealing at the moment.

It was a shock waking up and reading that all DDPs are cancelled until the end of the year and so are all ADRs, although you can book them 60 days out now. They are not doing FPs either, but, I went before they brought any kind of FP in, so I'm okay with that as I think park numbers are going to be low enough for reasonably short (less than 30 mins) wait and it'll encourage me not to bypass FoP or MF as I've never done them without a FP. I'm waiting to hear back from VA as I might just cancel my open ticket with them altogether and rebook with BA for a direct flight. I don't think it fair if they won't refund my exit seat as they cancelled the flight, not me. Now all we need to do is wait and see if Trump removes the ban, for me that is the biggest obstacle, actually getting into Florida in the first place. As tourism is huge to the Floridian economy he might just do that sooner rather than later.
To be honest, it's the thought of relatively low crowds that is most appealing at the moment.
While I understand the announcement it is a kick in the teeth for U.K. visitors. Cancelling a paid for plan is one thing, let’s face it they are not really a money saving thing rather a budgeting thing. But when free and you’ve paid top price for the room it’s an increase in price as you’ve still got to eat.

While I understand the announcement it is a kick in the teeth for U.K. visitors. Cancelling a paid for plan is one thing, let’s face it they are not really a money saving thing rather a budgeting thing. But when free and you’ve paid top price for the room it’s an increase in price as you’ve still got to eat.
Brits in value resorts don't get free DDP, we get a discounted QSDP under the guise of a free breakfast although you can use the 'free breakfast' credit for any meal, but, that will probably exclude us from getting room discounts next year as we strictly didn't get free DDP with our bookings. I wonder if UK guest will get the room discounts for their free DDP getting cancelled. I checked the price for doing my current trip next year at the exact to the day time of year and the price is 33% higher, so that would wipe out any room discount offer straight away.
I did pay for the discounted DDP to help budget, especially as the GBP is so weak against USD at the moment.
However, while I understand the reason for cancelling the top two dining plans because of restaurant seating, I cannot understand why they cancelled the QSDP because you don't need reservations and seating isn't so much of an issue. I think the grocery delivery services will be the biggest beneficiaries of this, that's if Disney don't ban them from delivering to the resorts. In that case Lyft and Uber will be doing a lot of trips to Publix or WalMart with guests.
Here's an idea for Disney, if guests who have DDP cancelled and still go ahead with their trips, why not as a gesture of goodwill, supply them with at least a free refillable mug each

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!