Americans on European cruises?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think people on cruises...especially ones like Disney where the fun never ends would be nice. But I travel alone on business, I don’t always get a warm welcome in certain European countries.

I think your question was a fair one.

Back to the original question. We did the med this summer, some americans, some european and a lot from the middle east. For the record the middle east parents were horrible watching their children.

Other than that we felt it was a great way to get a taste of some fabulous cities with little hassle, We did 2 private car tours which are a little pricey but you see a lot in a short amount of time, It was not like the carribean cruises because you are much busier, its like up at 6 and barely make it back in time for dinner. They fill up so book early, the prices only went up

On a related note, my wife would ask the europeans if there was hostility towards the US due to our current president. The most common answer by far, no way, you should see the crazy things our president does, We heard that several times

Interesting this came up. I had a meet and greet with one of our companies execs who happened to be from Germany and he talked about this topic a bit today. He brought up an interesting point, that English as a second language speakers may come off as rude to some Americans, because they don't know the subtleties of our lovely language, sarcasm on purpose cause we have some weird stuff in there. So we Americans should cut them some slack.

I work regularly with people from Europe so I am used to it. As he described Germans attitudes, I realized that even though my family line has been in the US for over 100 years, I have that attitude lol.

To what Schmoo said about Mexico, I am wondering if they see the have you been to the US as a sensitive question, not just now, but for many years. Our intentions could be pure, but they may not see it that way.

Going back to the original post - I’m still struggling to understand why anyone would think this is an acceptable question. You want to see Europe without too many Europeans? And so many DISers took the question seriously.

I wonder what the reactions would have been had the poster said “I want to go to the US but I don’t want to interact with Americans. I want at least half of the people around me to be from my country.”

I mean, I am simply gobsmacked by the insularity inherent in the OPs post. If you don’t want to be with Europeans, do not go to Europe.

@AquaDame - OP has 1 post. I smell a troll. Can we shut this down?

@AquaDame - OP has 1 post. I smell a troll. Can we shut this down?

Absolutely... the last few posts are certainly over the line as well. I did notice it when the OP was posted but as it seemed positive and like they were from elsewhere it seemed safer to let it go and see where it went... sadly it did not stay positive at all it seems.

For clarity to anyone else reading this thread, several of these posts have been removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter