AMEX and Hoop Dee Doo discount

6xmum

Earning My Ears
Has anyone been able to use the Amex discount for Hoop Dee Doo on a large party? We have 8 in our party and they won't give us any discount. I asked if they could just take the discount off for the first 4 people and they said no. I asked if I could break the reservation up into two tables, and use the discount on both. The CM said "yes," but then assured me that if I do that "you won't be seated anywhere near each other!" I just don't get it. If I break up the reservation, use the discount on both sets, they are discounting 8 tickets. I just want them to discount 4! Has anyone been able to do this? TIA!

That hardly seems fair--many families have more than just 4 (including mine!!). Are you asking for discounts on the 9:30 show as someone told me they only discount the last show?

That is quite expensive and every discount helps, especially since there is no way my 5 yr old is going to eat even $10 worth of food much less $24. We really enjoyed the show in '97, but if no discount then no show.

Carla

But they were certainly in agreement that if you have more than 4 in your party you get no discount. I agree with you about the eating part. We will be paying for a 3 year old, a 5 year old (who only weighs 35 pounds), and a 6 year old who eat very little. And, I'm a vegetarian! LOL Oh well, I guess the rules are the rules.

I hope this is not true. When I spoke with a CM about 2 months ago I was told that I could get the discount. We will have 5 in our party. I figured I would only be getting the discount for 4, but now I wonder if that's true. I will contact my agent at Dreams Unlimited & ask her to check into it. I'll post when I get an answer.

Here is what my wonderful & super fast travel consultant at Dreams Unlimited found out for me:
I called Disney this morning and found out that the 20% discount with the American Express card applies ONLY to parties of 4 or less people. Your party of 5 will not receive the discount. I asked if the first four people in your party would be discounted with the fifth person paying full price and she said no. She did say that a 10% discount is available using the American Express card for parties of any size if you book the 9:30 show.

I personally think this really stinks! My 2 boys would be too tired by 9:30 to really enjoy the show. I think I am going to cancel my reservations.

:(

If you're staying at a WDW resort you can get the discount for any show. I have it for the 7:15. I thought it was up to 7 people but I'm probably mistaken. I think that you also have to pay for at least 2 nights with AMEX. Good luck!:)

Hi Teacher!

It is true that if you stay in a WDW Resort you can get the 20% discount for all the shows, but you are limited to a party of 4 or less for the earlier shows. If you want to split your party into groups of 4 or less to get the discount, there is NO guaranty you will be seated together.

How absolutely stupid. So, the more business you give them, the less of a discount.

Or even better yet, if a party of eight splits into two tables and gets the discount on both tables, Disney is screwing themselves by discounting eight people instead of four if they kept the table together.

Sometimes I don't understand Disney.

And was told that there would be no AMEX discounts available for then. I had asked her which would qualifiy for discount (to clairify) and she said there was no discount available for next year. I will be hopeful that as the new year approaches that there is some discount.

We are staying at a WDW resort (the Polynesian). The only discount available for a party of 5 or more is 10% and is for the 9:30 show only:( . I was given this info. for 2002. Perhaps it is different for 2001.

Do I understand it correctly that you have to stay at a WDW resort to use the AMEX 20% discount??

Allen

As far as I know, yes, you have to:

* be staying at a WDW resort
* paying for the room with dollars (as opposed to paying with points as a member of the Disney Vacation Club)
* charging at least two nights of that stay on an American Express card

What someone said on this site before was that when you pick up your tix, they ask for your resort ID to prove that you are staying on property and are charging room cost to your Amex.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter