Amtrak?

cuterlt

<font color=green>DH will do the laundry...when no
Anyone done a long train trip into DLand?
How was Amtrak - any problems? Is it safe? Is it comfortable?
We were able to get buy one get one free tickets both ways so extremely inexpensive for DH and I.

We did a long trip (11 hours) down the California coast. We did not go all the way into Anaheim though. What really surprised me was how much the swaying of the train affected me. When we got to our hotel I had to make a run to the store for Dramamine.

The seats were similar to riding in a nice bus, they reclined and there was a footrest. Not as crammed as an airplane seat. You would walk around as much as you wanted. Some cars had a room downtairs where kids could play. There were a few toys and a video player. There is a formal dining car that you have to make reservations for (the steward will come around shortly after you board to find out what seating you want) or there is a quick service snack bar that sold microwaveable stuff. It was all pretty exspensive. If at all possible, I'd say to pack a small cooler and bring as much as you can with you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter