An Epic Girl's Trip With Some Joey on the Side...Updated 4/29-COMPLETE

Jenny Sanders

DIS Veteran
An Epic Girl's Trip With Some Joey on the side...

AA183BFB-084C-45A6-9CF6-0CF7BBCA06CB.jpeg

Welcome back:welcome: if you've chosen to follow along with me AGAIN. And thanks for joining in if you are new to the group...My name is Jenny and I have been invited on what's sure to be the MOST EPIC GIRL'S TRIP OF ALL TIME!!!!! I was so touched when @chunkymonkey invited me on this adventure, and even happier when I found out who else was coming along. This is an awesome group of ladies:worship: and I can't wait to see some old friends and make new ones. It's sure to be a trip full of magic, mystery, cocktails and tons of fun!!! Except...I won't be focusing much in my PTR on the girl's part of the trip, but mostly on what my husband, Joe and I have planned during, around and in between fun with the ladies...Yes, some of the girl's are bringing their significant others and I'm one of them. When the whole trip is said and done, I will let everybody in on what we did as a group in my TR...Until then, sit back, grab a nice, cold glass of Moscato (Yes, @ariane37 that would be you) and join me in what's sure to be a great vacation in Disney with some time in St Pete thrown in afterwards...:love:

Next up, the when and the where...

Last edited:
The When and the Where:

Our EPIC adventure begins on Wednesday, May 1st. We are flying Southwest out of Chicago in the afternoon. I can't remember the exact departure time, but I believe we land in Orlando around 4/4:30...We will pick up our luggage, pick up the rental car and head to our first resort...POP CENTURY!!!! I have already done online check-in, but I always like to go to the counter before actually seeing our room.

pop-century-entrance-10t.jpg

I am really excited to stay here. I think the refurbed rooms look amazing. Since it's only a 1-night stay, I didn't request any particular section or view. We are basically only sleeping here, so what's the point...Once we are able to check out our room, get settled and freshen up, the plan is to head over to Disney Springs.

There are a bunch of places Joe and I want to try. Right now, the list includes (in no particular order): Deluxe Burger, Blaze Pizza, Wolfgang Puck Express, Wine Bar George and Enzo's Hideaway Tunnel Bar. We also want to pop into our favorite bar in DS, Jock Lindsey's (although I'm still bitter about them taking the nachos off the menu...). This is a must do, because we love the atmosphere. The drinks actually contain a good amount of booze and the food has been decent. Plus, Joe absolutely LOVES Indiana Jones (Our Main Coon is named Dr. Jones). Anyway, after grabbing a bite to eat and some cocktails, we want to do some shopping and enjoy our time together. It will most likely be a late evening. I'm purposely not making any dining reservations this night, because we want to be spontaneous and see where the night takes us without being committed to anything...I'm sure we will also grab dessert somewhere. We always enjoy the cupcakes at Sprinkles and the many sweets at Goofy's.

When our time in DS is done, we will most likely head back to the resort to get some sleep. The next morning we will be checking out of Pop Century and checking into...

Tune in to find out where Joe and I will be staying May 2nd to the 6th...

I’m joining in, so excited for this trip! I will be in DS on 5/1, I’m having dinner at Homecomin with some fun ladies and then shopping a little! May run into each other!

this sounds like so much fun! i'm staying at pop century for the first time in march, i can't wait to see the new rooms!

I think it's going to be a blast!!! These are an awesome group of ladies and I can't wait to spend time with them.

Looking forward to seeing what your plans are for the trip and even more excited to meet and get to know you!
:)

I know, right!!!!:flower1: I think it's going to be a lot of fun!!!! All you ladies are awesome!

Checking out of Pop and into...

Yes, this morning we will be saying goodbye to Pop and Hello to...
wilderness-lodge-waterfall-mike.jpg

the Wilderness Lodge.:P We will be calling this resort home for the next 4 nights...This will be my 4th time staying at this resort and it's probably my favorite deluxe, with the Contemporary pretty close behind...I have booked us a courtyard view. I have requested a high floor as well. We have officially completed online check-in, but I will still check in at the desk. I know, I know. I'm strange that way...

I'm not sure what we will do for breakfast this day, but we are definitely planning on grabbing lunch at Geyser Point and spending a large part of the day relaxing by the pool (I'm also sure there will be many adult beverages involved). For dinner, I managed to snag a reservation at Storybook Dining. I cannot tell you how excited I am to eat here. Not to mention, Joe has a little thing for Snow White. She was his first...princess (I hope that doesn't sound perverted in any way), so I'm sure this dining experience will be a lot of fun!!!:D

After dinner, the night is open...I'm not sure if we will hook up with other Disers, watch HEA from the resort, or head out to the Grand Floridian for a nightcap at Mizners. The important thing here is that we can do anything we want!!!! There are no kids, which means no responsibilities for this crazy couple...:drinking1:dancer::drinking1:dancer:

How will we spend Friday, the first official day of the EPIC GIRL'S TRIP????

Last edited:
Friday, May 3rd...

Today, Joe and I plan on sleeping in a bit. We have never been ones to rope drop. After all, vacation is vacation and sleeping in is a big part of that for us...Not sure what we will do about breakfast...However, I know we are planning on spending a good part of the day in Animal Kingdom.

250px-Disney%27s_Tree_of_Life.jpg

October was the first time I finally got to see Pandora. And, as most of you know, we brought our 3-year-old niece, Gia with us on that trip, so I think I missed out on quite a bit, like FOP for instance. Not that I can ride this, because I tend to get motion sickness, but Joe told me if I start to feel sick to close my eyes. Anyway, he would really like to get a FP for this, so I told him I would do my very best to not only get a FP but to ride this as well. Wish me luck!!!! I'm also hoping to get FP's for the Safari and Dinosaur too.

For lunch, we are planning on eating at Satu'li Canteen. Joe and my daughter, Ashley really enjoyed this in August when they went down to Disney to pick my son, Tim up from the Disney College Program. I've only read positive reviews, so I think I'd like to give it a try too. I also want to enjoy the Night Blossom. Does this come with alcohol in it??? It looks so pretty and refreshing.

review_pongu_pongu_avatar_pandora_disney-4.jpg

After spending most of the day in Animal Kingdom, we will have to leave at some point to go back to the WL to shower and freshen up. We have a big group dinner planned this night...

Last edited:
Yes, this morning we will be saying goodbye to Pop and Hello to...
wilderness-lodge-waterfall-mike.jpg

the Wilderness Lodge.:P

Hello, Beautiful!

I'm not sure what we will do for breakfast this day, but we are definitely planning on grabbing lunch at Geyser Point and spending a large part of the day relaxing by the pool (I'm also sure there will be many adult beverages involved).

Sounds like a perfectly wonderful beginning to a Disney day!

Anyway, he would really like to get a FP for this, so I told him I would do my very best to not only get a FP but to ride this as well. Wish me luck!!!! I

Yes, I think you will enjoy it a lot, and if you get to feeling queasy closing your eyes should work.

Does this come with alcohol in it???

No, I had one in October and it was nice, refreshing, but no booze.

We have a big group dinner planned that night...

Yes, you DO!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter