An Epic Girl's Trip With Some Joey on the Side...Updated 4/29-COMPLETE

So even though I check in every time you tag me and I know all your plans :D I am just now getting around to posting :duck: Oh wait, I did NOT know about Joe's hair appointment.....and even though we'll be in HS Steve may want to come and watch :laughing:

I am so freakin' freakin' excited for our trip!! And here's a big public :thanks: for booking those reservations for me and the tour which I can't wait for since I spend zero time planning my own trips anymore. You know I appreciate it :love2:

I wish they had old people Disney program, I would apply haha!
I almost peed my old lady pants when I read this :rotfl: We would all be fighting for spots in this program!!

Oh my gosh, I need to read better, Sunday night is your dinner, I’m a dork! Maybe we can get together after! I think some people are doing Hoop de Doo this evening, I’m not so I will be hanging out!
Yes!!! We'll meet before this but I'd love to end our trip hanging with you :goodvibes

and even though we'll be in HS Steve may want to come and watch :laughing:

HAHA! I may even go out and buy a new video camera so I can record the experience and be able to relive it over and over!!!! I really hope they pixie dust him with glitter all over his cute, Italian melon!!!

I am so freakin' freakin' excited for our trip!! And here's a big public :thanks: for booking those reservations for me and the tour which I can't wait for since I spend zero time planning my own trips anymore. You know I appreciate it :love2:

:love::love::love:

Yes!!! We'll meet before this but I'd love to end our trip hanging with you :goodvibes

Heck ya Caroline! Let's make this happen!!!!

6 Weeks to go, That's 42 Days to me and you...

I am sooooo excited about this trip. All of the plans are coming along nicely and I can't wait to meet up with everyone and get this party started!!! I really hope everyone enjoys themselves immensely and it becomes a tradition of sorts to meet up every year or so to make new memories and reconnect.:cheer2:

I did some more shopping (big surprise) and ordered 2 more pairs of shorts from Gap and a dress from Uniqlo...

cn15021463.jpg

cn16489595.jpg

goods_01_416106

I ordered this dress in navy.

I know some of you may be thinking do I really need more clothes??? Well, yes I do. I have 3 trips planned in 4 months, and all 3 trips will be during the HOT season in Florida, which means multiple outfit changes in a day. Come on, you all know how sweaty we get in the parks during the summer months...It's also a great reason to go shopping.:rotfl:

In other news, I booked another dining reservation for August. I booked a dinner at Frontera Cocina. This has been on my list for a long time and @disneyAndi14 really liked it, so I'm giving it a shot...party:

How exciting to be going in August! i think if you booked a preferred room you'll more than likely getting a refurbed one! I was excited to try it out until I switched our last night in December to Boulder Ridge at the Wilderness Lodge :rotfl:

I can't wait to hear your thoughts on Flying Fish! I just booked Dh and I's reservation here for September!

How exciting to be going in August! i think if you booked a preferred room you'll more than likely getting a refurbed one! I was excited to try it out until I switched our last night in December to Boulder Ridge at the Wilderness Lodge :rotfl:

I can't wait to hear your thoughts on Flying Fish! I just booked Dh and I's reservation here for September!

I'm really hoping for a preferred room!! They look super cute and functional.

I am looking forward to Flying Fish. The menu looks outstanding and I love the decor of the restaurant!!!

August Update and Some Plans to Boot:

Dates: August 7-11

Where: All Star Movies (Preferred Room)

Who: Me, Matt (oldest son) and of course, Tim (youngest son)

Wednesday, August 7: Arrive (most likely a VERY early flight, BOO!!!!), check-in, store bags, as I'm sure our room will not be ready in the wee hours of the morn', and head to a park. Right now, it's a toss up between MK and AK...I am not making any dining reservations for this day, because I'm not sure what we are doing or where we will be doing it...But, I'm ok with this. It will be nice to be spontaneous and go with the flow for once...We also have to get Tim moved out of his apartment and into ASMo's...

Thursday, August 8:

I made a late breakfast reservation for Chef Mickey's (I did this out of love for my sons, as this restaurant doesn't even rank on my list of bad restaurants, that's how much I dislike it. Maybe I will be pleasantly surprised, but I doubt it). After breakfast, we may head back to the resort for some pool time or take a bus to DS for some retail therapy...Dinner is open. I would like to spend some time at one of the bars in DS, since both of my sons are of age....That could be a lot of fun!!! I know Matt is interested in trying Polite Pig or Deluxe Burger.

Friday, August 9:

Julie and Gia arrive at some point. The day is open, so again, maybe some time at the pool or in DS (or both)...We have dinner reservations at Morimoto Asia. I am dying to try the ribs...

Saturday, August 10:

We have late breakfast reservations at Boma. I figured Gia would love to see the animals and Matt and Timmy haven't dined here. I haven't been here since our waitress dumped half a pitcher of Pog juice all over Ashley's white shorts during our 4th of July trip in 2017. Yep, that was horrible and almost deterred me from ever eating there again...The rest of the day is open. Are you all getting the trend? We have no definite plans, and it will be a more relaxed, spur of the moment vaca. Dinner will be at Frontera Cocina. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I am very excited to eat here, as its been on my list since it opened...

Sunday, August 11:

The day everyone hates. It will be time to leave our Disney bubble and head home to laundry and work and every day life...I have not booked airfare, so I have no idea what we will have time to do...

If a DAH event opens during our stay, I will TOTALLY book that for me and the guys. I know we would all love it...I may even spring for an actual day in one of the parks...I'll keep everyone updated...

Sounds like a fun trip you have planned! DH just commented to me the other day that we never do anything spur of the moment haha (we have, he just never realizes because he doesn't have the plans memorized like I do!) but I think that sounds like a great relaxing trip with your boys!

Last summer my husband surprised me with two out of the blue days at WDW on our way home from a big road trip I had planned. They were the best 2 Disney days I think I've ever had because they were so go-with-the-flow. We literally picked our FPs that morning, and made one quick lunch ADR, but the rest of the day we wandered and just enjoyed BEING there.

It sounds like your trip will be so enjoyable because you can experience it as it goes!

I haven't been here since our waitress dumped half a pitcher of Pog juice all over Ashley's white shorts during our 4th of July trip in 2017. Yep, that was horrible and almost deterred me from ever eating there again...
If it makes you feel any better, we have eaten at BOMA 3 times and no pitchers of POG have ever been dumped on us! But I know what you mean, a bad experence can deter you for a long time.

Sounds like a fun trip you have planned! DH just commented to me the other day that we never do anything spur of the moment haha (we have, he just never realizes because he doesn't have the plans memorized like I do!) but I think that sounds like a great relaxing trip with your boys!

Thanks Cloe! Isn't it nice to have multiple trips in a year?!?! And, each trip is totally different from the one before...

They were the best 2 Disney days I think I've ever had because they were so go-with-the-flow.

This will be something new for me, but I'm really looking forward to it.

Your August plans sound fun! Going with the flow will be nice!!

I hope so. I'm such a planner (especially at Disney) so this will be a whole new experience for me...

If it makes you feel any better, we have eaten at BOMA 3 times and no pitchers of POG have ever been dumped on us! But I know what you mean, a bad experence can deter you for a long time.

OMG! That's so good to hear. It was awful!!!! Then, the waitress missed spilling the remainder of the pitcher down her back by like a millimeter. AND, there were no apologies!!!!!! Needless to say, I asked to speak to a manager, who was VERY sweet and gave Ash $50. to buy whatever she wanted to make up for the juice being spilled all over her.

We have dinner reservations at Morimoto Asia. I am dying to try the ribs...
Those ribs are so delicious, I want those right now, haha! I really hope you enjoy Frontera, so good!

We have late breakfast reservations at Boma.
Again yum!!

If a DAH event opens during our stay, I will TOTALLY book that for me and the guys. I know we would all love it...I may even spring for an actual day in one of the parks...I'll keep everyone updated...
I hope one opens up for you all, it is a good event!

Another Fashion Savy Update:

11572306_fpx.tif

Just ordered this. It's by Lucky Brand and I think it will look darling with the olive pair of shorts I got from Gap...

file_2d6be465.jpeg

And, this was just ordered from Disney!!! I LOVE it!
Hey, I figured with 3 trips planned this year that I had to step up my Disney fashion a notch...:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!