An ex calls you out of the blue...

disneychrista

DIS Veteran
An ex calls you out of the blue and wants to meet for drinks. He/She tells you they be that man/woman now (for now) and that you could be happy. Do you meet him/her?

It depends, I guess. I mean if the guy was abusive. a cheater, an addict, etc. probably not.

If it was more of a drifted apart, not ready for commitment thing, maybe.

ETA: I answered this as a hypothetical situation. I am currently married and am not looking for another relationship...lol! One is enough!

Last edited:

I'm still friends with some of them but it wasn't what most would consider a long term relationship to start with. I think the lack of baggage allows us to still be close and friendly. I actually see them and spend time with them often.

Depends on the ex. For a couple I would meet them. For a couple others I would say no.

My last ex I would meet in a heartbeat. He and I just didn't make a great couple even though we really cared about each other. We both wanted different things. We still talk quite often. He even came up here and stayed on my couch for a convention so he could make connections for a game he is developing.

Nope. They are an ex for a reason. I am a one & done woman, don't meet the excuses, grief or drama.

Works for me 2nd 10 years & my ex still tries to surface with different numbers. Um nope. Blocked again.

I'm married now, but I do have one Ex, that if I weren't married I would meet up with in a heartbeat. I loved him, and he wasn't the man I needed him to be at that time in our lives, so we parted ways.

I had one call me about 10 years ago, 25 years after we split mutually because I was going back to college. Apparently she had been carrying guilt over a few drunken phone calls, but I actually had no recollection of them. I was passing through her town soon coincidentally so I stopped to see her. Then we became friends on Facebook and I saw her again a couple years ago when I went back to my old hometown for a High School reunion. She still works in the factory where we met and I saw a couple other old friends that I hadn't seen for some 30 years. It was surreal.

It was a bit sad because she never married and never really got over me.

I’m married, so no.

That said, I have an ex that I’ve been friends with since we split. I see this as different though, because he didn’t call me out of the blue after many years.

Hmm...I'm married so he's not going to be that guy that makes me happy! lol. However, I wouldn't mind meeting for a drink and catching up...

Depends on which ex.... ;)

Seriously, though, probably not for any of them. I think too much bad memories and hurt feelings from the past would be stirred up and we'd end up splitting again anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!