"And he totally thought he was safe on the benches"....A hot August TR. Complete.

I'll be giving away our day 3 but he recovered shockingly quick. I wasn't expecting him to recover so fast but very glad he did. And so thankful for the doctor he had, as he knew what it was and exactly how to treat it.

I'll be giving away our day 3 but he recovered shockingly quick. I wasn't expecting him to recover so fast but very glad he did. And so thankful for the doctor he had, as he knew what it was and exactly how to treat it.
That's too bad but o am glad he recovered quickly

Thursday Day 3 8/17
Part 1

I woke and found the kids going potty around 8:30am. Collin said he was feeling great. The swelling was all gone and only had some bruising around the joints.

IMG_3587.JPG.jpg

We decided to try a park, Magic Kingdom! We did have to continue Benadryl regiment for 4 more days. Rick had hooked up his Lyft app with bell services and got us our very first of many Minnie Vans! Our driver Hailee was wonderful. WE got there in about 15 minutes all the way to bus gate 11 right next to park entrance.

IMG_1855.JPG.jpg

The bag check line was quick (quick all week) and we were on our way to Splash Mountain for our first ride and FP. We were in the back rows so didn’t get too wet and the music on the inside portion wasn’t on so it was bit weird and creepy. We then caught our FP for BTMR, always a good time and Collin especially liked this one.
IMG_1878.JPG.jpg MK_SPLASH_20170817_8085073110.jpeg

We stopped in at Pecos Bills for an early lunch as trying Sleepy Hollow didn’t work out. Waited in that long line to find out that 2 of the 4 good items on the menu weren’t available, argh! So, at Pecos Bills I got the southwest salad, Rick got the nachos, and the kids got nothing as along the way there they had Mickey ice cream bars. I thought although it was a busy place, the food is good and the topping bar is awesome, all you can want guacamole!

We then headed for fantasyland and rode It’s a Small World before our FP for Seven Dwarves Mine Train. Zoey really loved the pink poodle on IASW in the first room. At 7DMT Rick didn’t want to squeeze on (his knees always end up bruised) so I took Collin on while he waited with Zoey. Then I took Zoey on with his band. We had a good time on it, but found the FP lines to be long both turns.

MK_MINETRAIN_20170817_8085144314.jpeg MK_MINETRAIN_20170817_8085153824.jpeg

While I went on with Zoey, Rick took Collin to Gaston’s Tavern and we met up there. I decided to forego the cinnamon roll for a caramel apple at the confectionary instead. We hopped on Under the Sea before heading to the Confectionary. Rick grabbed a Mickey head rice Krispy, I got my standard peanut caramel apple, Collin chose mickey meltaway, and Zoey got a twisty lollipop.

MK_MSCASEYS_20170817_404258912864.jpgIMG_3590.JPG.jpg
I can’t remember if we took a bus or another Minnie Van back but we went to the hotel. The kids swam with Rick while I took an uber to a CVS to get the steroids for Collin. I got back and they had left the pool cause Rick was disappointed with behavior. So, I took them to the quiet pool while he napped. We then left when the thunder got a little to close and loud for comfort. We went up and showered and the kids took a nap.

Thursday Day 3 8/17
Part 2

We then got ready for Ohana’s. We walked through Epcot and took the monorails which was tight on timing.

IMG_3602.JPG.jpg

It didn’t really matter as our wait after check in was over 40 minutes. We spent the time in the shops and went to Trader Sams for two fiery Tahitians which were excellent.

IMG_3611.JPG.jpg IMG_1918.JPG.jpg

We were seated with views of the seven seas lagoon. Dinner was delicious as always but we didn’t come close to finishing anything.

IMG_1924.JPG.jpg IMG_1920.JPG.jpg IMG_3618.JPG.jpg

We got a bag to go and headed out to the poly beach to watch Electric Light Water Pageant and Happily Ever After Fireworks. We always have to see ELWP, it’s just so Disney to us. We only watched a little HEA, realizing it would be better from in the park we decided we would come back Saturday night to see it from the hub.

DSC00457.JPG.jpg IMG_3622.JPG.jpg
This is where I told Rick we should uber cause I don’t think we can monorail back into Epcot at closing time. He took this as we should try to monorail. By the time we got to the TTC to switch over he realized it wasn’t going to work so we got out and went to the uber pick up area and hailed one. Well that jerk never left his spot on the GPS. We waited 25 minutes then hailed a Minnie Van and cancelled the uber. Rick had to fight the charge and won. We got back to the hotel by 11:00pm. Guess who’s sleeping in?!

Attachments

• IMG_3602.JPG.jpg
    IMG_3602.JPG.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 2

Glad to hear that your son's emergency ended ok and he bounced back so quickly! That must have been super scary/stressful. Glad you were still able to keep going!

Friday Day 4 8/18
Part 1

We slept to 8:30am again. I went down to get breakfast from the Marketplace. After splitting a couple bounty platters, we got dressed in our swimsuits. This time we were on our way to Typhoon Lagoon via a Minnie Van. It’s the new way to travel!

IMG_1940.JPG.jpg

We got there shortly after opening, grabbed towels, and found a couple chairs next to a ship thing by the wave pool. I have to admit this post will be low on the photo side because the go Pro was acting up so Rick left it in the room and our cell phones stayed in the bag.

IMG_3625.JPG.jpg IMG_3626.JPG

We went on Gangplank Falls first, a family raft ride, then went on the storms slides with a 5-minute wait. We all enjoyed these slides. Then Collin wanted to try Humunga Kabunga so he, Zoey and I went down. Collin’s body shook around at the bottom and for me water sent so far up my butt it felt like a big enema so we didn’t do it again. But Zoey the daredevil did it one more time. From there we rode the lazy river up to Crush N Gusher which had a 15-minute wait. Zoey and I went down Pineapple and loved it. We had to wait for Rick and Collin to come down Banana as somebody lost their sunglasses and a lifeguard had to enter the pool causing the lines to stop. When they came out they said they got air at one point.

WDWRESORTSANDMORE_CRNGUSHL_20170818_8085683653.jpeg WDWRESORTSANDMORE_CRNGUSHL_20170818_8085684649.jpeg

We then went to the wave pool which was just ridiculous big. This was Rick's favorite of the whole trip. He and Zoey figured out a technique to keep above the breaker. I kept getting pushed into people and Collin skinned his knees in the shallows. At some point, Rick “teabagged” some poor girl by accident. Whatever you do stay above the breaker! We probably spent an hour here and then I left Rick and took Collin and Zoey to Keelhaul Falls with a 15-minute wait.

We went back, grabbed Rick and all went on Gangplank again and then grabbed something to eat at Leaning Palms. After food, we hopped in the lazy river and lazied over to Miss Adventure Falls which was probably around 12:15 with a 30-minute wait. I had a horrible entry into the raft because somehow we all tried to get in at the exact same time and I’m sure people saw more of me then they would ever want to. It was a fun ride but we were seeing wait times for rides creep up so we did one last turn in the wave pool before leaving the park around 2:00pm. We also caught Lilo after using the locker rooms.
WDWRESORTSANDMORE_TLCHARACTER_20170818_8085686129.jpeg

We got a Minnie Van back to the hotel which was so nice not to have to wait for a bus and do another bus transfer. We got washed up at the hotel and got ready for date night! Kids were checked into Sandcastle Club which they loved and wanted to do again.

Reactions: DLo
Friday Day 4 8/18
Part 2

Rick and I went to Epcot Showcases. We started in UK with scotch and a scotch egg then looked around and listened to British Revolution which I love. We got our pick of seats and I went back to the pub to grab some more scotch to wait with. And after the show we went up to meet the band and talked to the guitarist about his bluetooth gadget to go cordless. And yes DH has already ordered one for his guitar at home.

IMG_1941.JPG.jpg IMG_1947.JPG.jpg IMG_1950.JPG.jpg
IMG_1985.JPG (1).jpg

We then moved onto Mexico and sat down at La Cava. We had chips and guacamole and tasted two tequilas, ria azul and I believe Gran Patron Anejo. A nice couple came and sat alongside us and the guy had similar drinking interests and we had a conversation about Rick and Morty and other movies.

IMG_3628.JPG.jpg
IMG_1987.JPG.jpg

We then headed out for Norway and sat at Kringla Og Kafe split some schoolbread and a shot of Linie Aquavit Glacier. I liked the subtle spice of the schoolbread. The shot was nice and cold but a bit like black licorice.

IMG_1992.JPG.jpg

Rick had wanted to do Spaceship Earth with just me as in the past kids were bored with this ride so I grabbed a FP. So, we went there. I love the burning fire smell on this ride. Am I weird for liking that?

IMG_3635.JPG.jpg

We walked all the way back up to Japan and walked around the Kawaii culture hall which was cool. When the kids move to separate bedrooms I'd love to decorate DD's room in a kawaii theme. We stopped in at the sake bar and got some unfiltered nigori then grabbed a spicy roll at Katsura Grill. We then slowly strolled back to the hotel room while Illuminations was going off.

IMG_3636.JPG.jpg IMG_3639.JPG.jpg

When we felt ready we went down to pick up the kids. This was difficult because they loved it and had both made friends. They said they made cookies, did experiments, dress up, video games and Chip and Dale came for a Luau Party!

I was away during your trip and am just catching up on your report now.

I remember how tough it was for you to keep this trip a secret for so long! What an amazing, fun reveal!!!

:worship:

Wow, so sorry to hear about the health scare with Collin. It is so hard to see your kids in distress and it is even more difficult for the whole family when it happens away from home. I'm glad to hear he bounced back so quickly!

img_3622-jpg-jpg.269682

I love these two photos!!!

:goodvibes

Wednesday Day 2 8/16/2017

We slept in until 8:30am catching up on some sleep before getting ready for our day. Once ready, we checked into Cape May Café for Minnie’s Beach Bash Buffet and were seated quickly. Rick ordered a bloody mary and I had a mimosa. We all went up to the buffet as the characters weren’t nearby yet. We came back with plates full of eggs, pancakes, waffles and more. The scrambled eggs with peppers and goat cheese were so good and so were the pancakes with the banana sauce I had two helpings of it. The kids got to meet Minnie, Donald, and Goofy in their swimwear.

img_3523-jpg-jpg.269092
img_1748-jpg-jpg.269095
img_1742-jpg-jpg.269094
img_1752-jpg-jpg.269096
img_1755-jpg-jpg.269100

I really like your review and pictures from the Cape May Café. Like, I REALLY like them. May I link this post to the Dining section (Page 1, Post 7) of the FAQ thread?

I would also like to post a link to this trip report in the trip report section of the thread- Page 1, Post 16.

Finally, and I totally understand if you say no- Can I replace the current Cape May breakfast picture I have with the one of your kids with Minnie? The one I have up there now is of my boys and is almost 10 years old and is not one of my favorites.

P8180423-1.jpg

:beach:

I really like your review and pictures from the Cape May Café. Like, I REALLY like them. May I link this post to the Dining section (Page 1, Post 7) of the FAQ thread?

I would also like to post a link to this trip report in the trip report section of the thread- Page 1, Post 16.

Finally, and I totally understand if you say no- Can I replace the current Cape May breakfast picture I have with the one of your kids with Minnie? The one I have up there now is of my boys and is almost 10 years old and is not one of my favorites.

P8180423-1.jpg

:beach:
You are more than welcome to use my photos on the forum if it will help others or update things. Your boys in the pic are super cute! Love how much they must've changed over the years but Goofy is still himself. Love the Life is Good top! We must live close to each other. I'll have a cape may cafe dinner post at the end of the trip report as well.

Saturday Day 5 8/19
Part 1

We slept in just a bit and then got another Minnie Van to take us to breakfast at Kona Café. I probably would’ve enjoyed it more if I hadn’t had so much alcohol the night before. My tummy was feeling a bit of turmoil. The food was very good. I had the Tonga Toast, DH had the Loco Moco, DS had the french toast and added some of my sausage to his plate, and DD had the Mickey pancakes.

IMG_2019.JPG.jpg IMG_2029.JPG.jpg IMG_2035.JPG.jpg IMG_2036.JPG.jpg

We spent some time at the front desk trying to track down Zoey’s sunglasses from the other night at Ohana’s. We headed back via the monorails into Epcot and caught our FP for Soarin (a first for all of us). We loved this ride especially the smells. I did notice the curve of Taj and Eiffel but we were on concourse A and because of Dis reviews I was expecting it. Afterwards we did Club Cool and tasted some sodas before going back to the hotel through the IG, which was a stop we made multiple times during our adventures in Epcot as it was a nice air conditioned break.

IMG_3643.JPG.jpg IMG_2042.JPG.jpgIMG_3645.JPG.jpg
IMG_2046.JPG.jpg IMG_2045.JPG.jpg

Back at the hotel, Zoey and I showered and got dressed up for our girly time while Rick took Collin to the hotel’s arcade and Hurricane Hannah’s for bro time.

Attachments

• IMG_2042.JPG.jpg
    IMG_2042.JPG.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: DLo
Saturday Day 5 8/19
Part 2

Zoey and I headed to Magic Kingdom by bus then Grand Floridian by boat for a proper afternoon tea at the Garden View Tea Room. It was light and refreshing and Zoey loved it. We both ordered the nutty chocolate black tea. I had the Bedfordshire Tea Course and Zoey had the Mrs. Potts tea. She actually preferred the tuna sandwich and ham and cheese to the pb&j. I loved all the sandwiches and it was perfect on a hot day. Collin spent time with Daddy at the Beach Club, spending time at the arcade, grabbing pulled pork sandwiches at Hurricane Hannah's, listening to a conversation between two ducks, and splitting a root beer float.

IMG_3646.JPG.jpg IMG_2054.JPG.jpg
IMG_2069.JPG.jpg IMG_2072.JPG.jpg IMG_2078.JPG.jpg

We came back through Epcot again and went to go swimming until it was time to shower and get ready for Magic Kingdom. Having a hard time remembering what we did before the fireworks. But I think we did a mickey pretzel and Philharmagic and I think I got us a FP for Haunted Mansion.

IMG_3653.JPG.jpg IMG_3650.JPG.jpg

Then we went over to the hub for a spot around 8:10pm. We found a spot right behind some garbage cans on the left side and slightly beside a nice lady in a scooter. The party she was with was working to politely fend off people from standing directly in front of her. She was right on the curb so technically people weren’t supposed to congregate in front of there. This helped Zoey and I with our view as we stood behind and got a great view and Rick stood behind Collin sitting on the garbage can with a few other kids. I hoofed it quickly to Pecos Bill as everybody wanted more nachos and water. I got back by 8:35 in record time I think and we munched until the speaker came on to ask all persons to stand up for the show. Happily Ever After was spectacular, I mean wow best show ever! My favorite scene was the scar and Simba fight scene and when Robin Williams voice came on singing as Genie.

IMG_2081.JPG.jpg IMG_2113.JPG.jpg

We decided to change things up since the kids were already up late. We changed the next morning’s FP for Peter Pan for Buzz Lightyear slightly later in the morning and decided after the fireworks to head straight for Peter Pan and avoid the crowds going out. We had a 30-minute wait and really enjoyed the queue. Rick bumped Tinkerbell's house in the shadow scene and she came out and erased him. We then rode the carousel at 9:55pm. My horse was bluebell, Collin named his cheetah rita, and Zoey’s was jewels sparkle, we always name the horse we choose.

IMG_2124.JPG.jpg

As we walked out the goodnight kiss played which was another first for us all. We got a bus back with a bit of a wait but at least we made it on the first one and we're back in the room by 10:30pm.

Sunday Day 6 8/20

We slept in just a bit but not as much as some previous mornings. We didn’t make RD but that was okay with me. We caught a bus with not much wait to MK. We caught our first FP for Buzz lightyear and tried the hints from Hailee, our first minnie van driver. It worked for Rick he was close to 800,000.

MK_BUZZLIGHTYEARRIDE_20170820_8086538434.jpeg IMG_3713.JPG.jpg

Rick went on Peoplemover with Collin while I used two anytime FPs with Zoey for Space Mountain. This was a first for her and Rick won’t go on it as he's soured from losing $400 sunglasses on it on the last trip. Zoey loved it making a new favorite for her as she hoot and hollered “woohoo I love space travel, yeah!”.

IMG_3716.JPG.jpg MK_SPACEMOUNTAINA_20170820_8086545796.jpeg

We headed over towards Fantasyland and got cat tails at Cheshire Café. We all really liked this new treat. Collin and Zoey got several throughout the week and loved it so much that I had to come up with a re-make for their classroom birthday treats (yeah for making 40 cat tails!). They went to school with extras and came home with empty containers, so I take it they were yummy.

IMG_2150.JPG.jpg IMG_2161.JPG.jpg

We all hopped on the tea cups, always a good time. After teacups, we were supposed to do 7DMT but it was down so we chose to use it later for Jungle Cruise. We saw POC was only 30 minutes and I wanted to do this ride since it’s been a very long time since I last did and the kids and Rick have never been on it. We all really liked it! The ride picture does not reflect it and it's obvious only one family knew where the camera was, lol. We stopped again at Pecos Bills and got salad, fajitas, nachos, and corndog nuggets.

MK_PIRATESRIDE_20170820_8086612667.jpeg

We then tried Country Bear Jamboree. I left thinking what did I just watch and Collin said he loved it. We then caught our Splash Mountain FP this time with music and in the front row! We then went on the best Jungle Cruise ride I’ve ever been on. Michael was hilarious. We wandered out of the park and the parade snagged us. If you leave, make sure you walk down Main Street on the left not the right.

IMG_2191.JPG.jpg IMG_2215.JPG.jpg IMG_2230.JPG.jpg

We took the monorail back through Epcot and picked up our alcohol purchase at the IG. Rick rested his blistered toes for a while so I took the kids to SAB and he joined us later until they blew the whistle due to storms under 6 miles away. We hopped out and relaxed in the room and made nachos (a theme of the trip). We put the kids to bed on time tonight since we had a pre-park opening breakfast the next day. Rick and I watched last week’s Game of Thrones in bed before lights out.

Monday Day 7 8/21
Part 1

We got up at 6:50am got dressed and headed out to Epcot for a ppo breakfast at Garden Grill at 8:10am. We got there just before and went right in. The food although basic breakfast foods, was actually really good, fresh and yummy. The kids met Chip and Dale, Pluto and Farmer Mickey. Our waiter Brennan gave us 4 anytime FP for Turtle Talk and got us out in time for Soarin before the park opened.

IMG_2237.JPG.jpg IMG_2239.JPG.jpg

We walked out and onto Soarin with no wait, this time Concourse B with no bend and it wasn’t a full packed ride, which was cool. As we walked out to use the bathrooms the hoard of people from RD came though and the wait hopped up to 35 minutes in a matter of minutes. We then went Living with the Land which was a walk on and the kids actually found it to be cool.

IMG_2265.JPG.jpg

We went and did Nemo and The Seas. We were going to use the anytime FP for Turtle Talk but didn’t need to use it so later I gave them to our hotel’s greeter Monty Ray along with unopened sunscreen who had graciously given me the MK anytime passes. We checked out the tanks in Turtle Talk before going in and enjoyed the little golden puffer. We walked in and the kids were seated front row on the carpet and Rick and I sat front row on benches. This was the funniest thing all week. Collin was picked out by Crush and he asked Collin where he was from. Collin for some reason couldn’t remember and Rick called out Connecticut. Well poor Rick didn’t realize that just because he was an adult and on the benches that he wasn’t safe. Crush than had a conversation with Rick.

IMG_2276.JPG.jpg IMG_3783.JPG.jpg

After Turtle Talk Rick needed rest his foot so he headed to the hotel and I carried on with the kids. I took them so Spaceship Earth with a FP. Another FP line that was long. They really liked it this time, go figure, and enjoyed the stars and picking out their futures. We caught some snacks at Umbrella before going on Test Track with a FP, another massive FP line. We enjoyed the ride but our car didn’t sync up. Collin and Zoey took some pictures in the convertible camero ss and then we started the scavenger hunt clues again this time starting in Canada.

IMG_2322.JPG.jpg

We grabbed some slushies along the way, took some pictures there and found the penny press. Up next was England and the telephone booths. Our last clue was in France. I treated them to their first chocolate crepe and the French guy with the chairs came to perform. I also almost lost Zoey here. We went back to the hotel where the kids raved to Rick about how good the crepes were.

IMG_2326.JPG.jpg IMG_2338.JPG.jpg IMG_2347.JPG.jpg

Eventually we used up the rest of the cheese and bread and made grilled cheese and tomato soup for lunch. We then swam for just an hour at SAB before getting ready for a night in Epcot.

Monday Day 7 8/21
Part 2

We continued with the rest of the clues and began in Germany which got us to our dinner reservation at Biergarten. I will definitely be coming here again. This was so much fun. We grabbed our food and shortly after, the band started playing and we were seated right to the side of the stage floor level. Rick enjoyed an Octoberfest beer, I had a reisling and we filled our plates with bratwurst, potato salads, schnitzels and applesauce. Collin found out he loves bratwurst and pretzel rolls. The kids got up and went on the dance floor and had a blast. We left and did the penny press there. I also bought Rick a pewter goblet he wanted.

IMG_2376.JPG.jpg IMG_2378.JPG.jpg IMG_2384.JPG.jpg IMG_2386 (2).JPG.jpg IMG_2387 (2).JPG.jpg

We left Rick on a bench in Germany so he didn’t have to walk on his bad foot too much and did the next clue in China! The kids really liked the statues and the puppets here.

IMG_2407.JPG.jpg IMG_2411.JPG.jpg

We then hopped over to Norway so I could get my Laila perfume I have always wanted but never got. We walked back to Germany to pick up Rick and checked out the trains. Zoey noticed a skitter scatter on one of the train buildings. The whole week Collin and Zoey were in love with the lizards on property and started calling them skitter scatters and it caught on. We also got snacks at Karmel Kuche.

IMG_2419.JPG.jpg IMG_2427.JPG.jpg

The next clue took us to USA which I find depressing. The last clue of the hunt landed us in Morocco. We headed back to the hotel for sleep and I enjoyed my dark chocolate caramel with sea salt on the balcony.

IMG_2428.JPG.jpg

skitter scatters :thumbsup2 I love that - describes them perfectly !

Your kids are delightful, and it's wonderful to see everybody having such a good time.
I'm glad Collin got through his ailment quickly - it sux being sick at Disney, no matter how old you are.

The snap of the Floridian from the monorail made me sniffle :sad1: - taking the monorail loop all the way around is almost always the last thing we do before leaving for home.

Tuesday Day 8 8/22
Part 1

Today was our last full day. We slept in and got ready to cross the lake. We ate breakfast at the bakery at Boardwalk. The options were less but still yummy and the ice coffee mocha was delicious and we enjoyed the scenery.

IMG_2434.JPG.jpg IMG_2435.JPG.jpg IMG_2436.JPG.jpg

We decided not to do the surrey bike since Ricks foot hurt and I knew I would need him to do some of the bridge hills. So we went back to BC and swam at SAB. We picked up a mini kitchen sink for the kids and Rick and I had one last pulled pork and Sunken Treasure. Sorry no pictures, left the phone in the room. We had a wonderful last swim in the pool.

Rick went to the room to rest and the kids and I showered and took a Minnie Van for one last hoorah in Magic Kingdom. When we entered the parade was just about to finish and the crowds were hell. I don’t understand why they don’t open the backstage sidewalk at this time or why people in scooters don’t consistently move or why they don’t move single file in packed areas. And the Halloween decorations were magically up.

IMG_2444.JPG.jpg

We made it to Space Mountain for a FP I modified from Buzz. The line was out the door and almost under the peoplemover overpass. It took about 35 minutes and one grandmother in line got a lot of dirty eye balls cutting corners and the line cause her grandson really had to pee; yah my son did too but I'm not rude like that so Collin had to wait it out. I was more upset with the CM’s for letting it happen. Collin liked the ride but was really focused on not pissing himself.

IMG_2447.JPG.jpg MK_SPACEMOUNTAINB_20170822_8087654130.jpeg

After his mega pee session we got some more cat tails which are delicious chocolate pastries with pink and purple icing. We then went on Dumbo with a last minute FP. Zoey got a red card and Collin played flip bottle while waiting in line and after the ride they enjoyed the playscape area. Zoey made friends with a sweet little girl who didn’t want us to leave but it was time for one last FP on Splash Mountain.

IMG_2455.JPG.jpg IMG_2458.JPG.jpg

We took the railroad around the park to Frontierland. We still had some time left so we went up to the Christmas shop and I picked out a 4 set of ornaments with Mickey, Minnie, Donald, and Goofy bulbs. While in line I caught Zoey marrying Mickey nutcracker to Minnie nutcracker which was really cute.

IMG_2482.JPG.jpg

We walked to Splash and yet again there was a long FP line. But we got in line a little early hoping to get in 5 minutes before its beginning so maybe we could get back in time for our dinner reservation, it was pushing the timetable. So right at 5:00pm we got on the ride and had one last splash.

MK_SPLASH_20170822_8087731568.jpeg

We hoofed it quickly and on the way out stopped at the Emporium to find Ghost a Mickey Waffle Chew Toy. Ghost is our 2 year old Samoyed named after Game of Thrones Jon Snow’s Dire Wolf Ghost. We exited and said goodbye to Disney and got a Minnie Van back to BC.

Tuesday Day 8 8/22
Part 2

We made it with 10 minutes to spare so I went up to the room and changed clothes. If anybody knows where I can get a smaller remake of the painting in the Breezeway I would be forever grateful.

IMG_2489.JPG.jpg

IMG_2490.JPG.jpg

We checked in at 6:05pm at Cape May Café’s seafood buffet. The meal was absolutely delicious. I loved the king crab legs, summer salad with goat cheese, shrimp and potato salad. Collin even ate 6 legs and two plates of pizza and clams. I also enjoyed my rum banana martini.

IMG_2495.JPG.jpg IMG_2496.JPG.jpg

We got back to our room and started packing before getting to bed. We were going to be up super early for a 6:00am Magical Express Bus so I wanted everything packed except the next days outfits and toothpaste. Once done, we put the kids to bed and we spent some time on the balcony watching MK fireworks in the distance.

IMG_2508.JPG.jpg

Wednesday Day 9 8/23
The night before we packed everything but deodorant and outfit and toothcare stuff. We dressed the kids in their outfits for the day. We woke at 5:00am got ready and packed the remainder then woke the kids. We headed down to the front desk to check out and checked in our luggage and got our flight tickets. We waited just a little for our MDE magical depress bus. We also stopped at Boardwalk and Caribbean beach and then headed to the airport as the sun was just starting to rise. The security lines looked awful and took 35 minutes. We got lucky and got the first tram to the terminal for JetBlue since they are at a lowered service due to construction. We then had 2 hours to waste so I grabbed bagels and coffees and some more antibacterial gel while the kids and Rick found a place to sit. We vegged out and put our faces in tech for the first time on vacation. Collin and Zoey split the chocolate Mickey Brownie from the Boardwalk Bakery as you can see by Zoey's face! I spent the flight catching up on my journal. The flight was packed but went smoothly and we were back in Connecticut by 11:25am and finding our way home, picking up Ghost along the way.

IMG_2510.JPG.jpg IMG_2509.JPG.jpg IMG_2511.JPG.jpg IMG_2512.JPG.jpg

Here's a link to a video I put together of our vacation. This time I did in sections: resort, Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Food and swimming. Enjoy!

And as I finished our media and journaling, my SIL booked a a stay at Polynesian for next year after Thanksgiving and wants the whole family there. My husband was actually up for it which must mean he loved this trip because while planning this one he was all like "we aren't going for another 5 years after this one" and yet all of a sudden he's on board for another just a year later. Working in the school district made things tricky but I managed to get permission to go at that time, so yeah!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter