and yet another email regarding chef mickey's...this time saying ignore our earlier email!

disneyholic family

disney on my mind....
chef mickey is being temporarily moved to the convention center.

it's only for two weeks, from july 28 to august 13...(or so they claim)...

i just got the email informing me this morning..

it claims "the guest experience will be the same"..

well no....obviously not if it's not in the CR..

pretty tough to try to move our august 6th dinner ADR now for our group of 8..

anyway....heads up if you haven't received the email..

i don't know why i only got the email today, when they've known for at least 2 weeks...

you're right, it won't be the same experience. Not even close

The change is known for a couple of weeks now, and it's been discussed on the DIS and other forums, but I agree it's a bit late to inform guests.
Luckily enough, our 1st Chef Mickey reservation is on the 15th, so I've just enough notice to cancel in case the refurb lasts longer than expected.

To be honest, CM in a convention center room ... no way. CM's location is what makes part of the experience

you're right, it won't be the same experience. Not even close

The change is known for a couple of weeks now, and it's been discussed on the DIS and other forums, but I agree it's a bit late to inform guests.
Luckily enough, our 1st Chef Mickey reservation is on the 15th, so I've just enough notice to cancel in case the refurb lasts longer than expected.

To be honest, CM in a convention center room ... no way. CM's location is what makes part of the experience

when i booked chef mickey's, the location was the reason why...
we already have several character meals, but i thought the kids would really enjoy seeing that monorail...
something completely new to them...seeing it going through a building...
i don't know what else to pick...we have all the other character meals....though i don't know if i'll be able to book it now for the 8 of us..

just this second got a new email from WDW guest services basically saying we can disregard their earlier email..
chef mickey's won't be moving to the convention center..
at least in the email they recognize that i may have already cancelled the ADR...
yup...indeed i have...c'est la vie.....not the only change occurring during our visit next month....great movie ride is closing...mission space isn't re-opening...just to name a few..

just this second got a new email from WDW guest services basically saying we can disregard their earlier email..
chef mickey's won't be moving to the convention center..
at least in the email they recognize that i may have already cancelled the ADR...
yup...indeed i have...c'est la vie.....not the only change occurring during our visit next month....great movie ride is closing...mission space isn't re-opening...just to name a few..

Disappointed we miss the Great Movie Ride, we arrive on the 14th August....

Disappointed we miss the Great Movie Ride, we arrive on the 14th August....

yes, that was rather sudden...usually there's a bit more lead time before they close something for good...

we're lucky that we'll be there for a week and have two days scheduled at DHS...

the family wanted me to switch days around so we can do more, but what with ADRs and FPs already set, it's really impossible to move the days..

DS is sad that mission space won't be open...he was last in WDW in 2011 and was really looking forward to riding it...
he won't be back to WDW before 2023, so i guess we'll keep our fingers crossed that it will be open then!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter