Angelrose's Journey

So sorry to hear this news, I, too, have enjoyed reading your posts from the very beginning, and have admired your positivity and wonderful spirit of fun. I pray that you feel our good wishes for you. I believe that your strong faith will help you along your journey. God bless.

So sorry for the news from your doctor. It does sound like he truly cares about you and wants to help however he can. I am so amazed by your attitude and outlook. You are an inspiration. I wish you and your family the best of holidays. You and your family are in my prayers.

I have followed this thread for a long time, I rarely post but pray regularly for you. I just want to wish you a joyous holiday with all the special treats that you desire. I think you will go toward your forever home with dignity and grace and hopefully lots of laughter.

:flower3: Mary, we’re all here for you! I respect your decision about the trials. You have the greatest family and we all feel like we know them too because of your wonderful descriptions of their personalities. Enjoy the holidays and why do I feel too that your elf may have a few shenanigans planned?????:love:

Oh my such beautiful thoughts from all of you. I always feel so much better reading about all of your prayers and love and strength heading my way. I will continue to keep you updated.

Right now I feel fine. I am going to try and get back to walking in the mall tomorrow. My legs are swollen and I need to get more exercise to help with the edema. I've been getting lazy these last couple of months and that just won't do.

I can't tell you how much I appreciate your telling me you respect my decision. Some of my girlfriends and my cousins all want me to do the clinical trials. It just drains me to keep telling them that I just can't do it. Yes I am a fighter and yes I am strong, but that doesn't mean I have to put myself through that. I am strong in my own way. Thank goodness Chuck and Karen respect my decision. Karen told me she would do anything I wanted even if it meant driving me an hour or more each way to get those treatments several times a week. She is such a sweetie. Chuck feels the same way. Whatever my decision he is there for me.

I am truly blessed to have such wonderful friends and family.

Your grace and courage are amazing, we all should aspire to be more like you. I hope and pray you have no pain this holiday season. I have never seen a family so devoted and close, the way you all laugh together and enjoy each other is beyond wonderful. Eat all those cookies, etc. and know we are all praying for you. <3

So sorry to hear your news but you have such a positive attitude anything is possible. I too respect your decision. You know yourself better than anyone and we all have to do what feels right for us.

I haven't been on for awhile. I have had three surgeries in the last seven weeks for kidney stones. Have a wonderful new doctor who is correcting what happened with my old doctor.

I believe in pray and good thoughts. You are in my prayers and thoughts.
Enjoy the holiday season and take care.

I also do not post very often but just had to chime in when I read your post. I absolutely respect your decision. You should do what you want to do not what others want you to do. You know yourself best and are the best judge of what would work best for you.
Like many, I always enjoy reading your posts and enjoy hearing about your wonderful family. You are blessed that you have such a loving family. How wonderful for you and them that you can be there to spend so much time with them.
I also have to say that I LOVED that you said you are gong to eat what you want and not worry about the calories! Go you!!

Thank you snappyd. I am blessed to have such a wonderful family. When I go to the doctor he always asks if I am depressed and Karen and I both laugh. Nope! Much better to laugh even when things are bad. Maybe especially then. I have no pain and I so appreciate your prayers.

DisneyMim, thank you for your prayers. It is much appreciated.

karensi, thank you for you kind words.

Thanks snappyd. It didn't go EXACTLY as planned. LOL Karen and I were going to get our nails done, the have lunch, get her car fixed and then go shopping. We went to get our nails done. Karen always has the owner do her nails and the woman is magic. She is quite the artist. I was supposed to get my toe nails done by her husband but he wasn't in yet, so they asked if I wanted Dee to do them. OH DEAR LORD IN HEAVEN, why did I say yes??? I wanted red and green glitter nail polish alternating. But I couldn't find the green glitter nail polish I had picked out before. So the owner found some green glitter that you just place on the nail and when it dries put on top coat. That didn't go well. First of all she did the red glitter and then another coat and yet another coat. Of course when she tried to put on the green glitter it blew into the red glitter. So we had to take it all of. Then she tried it all again. Same result. Finally it seemed to work but it wouldn't dry. She put me under the blower for 15 minutes or more and then when she tapped it all the red glitter came off as well as the green. (SOB!) Finally I said, just take it all off and put on regular red and green polish and be done. The owner was so upset she was making mistakes on Karen's nails. We were finally done, just in time to take the car in. She left me off at Outback for our lunch and said she would walk on over. Outback was very understanding and very kind.

We got our meal which was delicious! Then we had to wait for the car another 2 hours! They didn't mind at all, the server helped me down to go to the restroom and called me "mama". They really took such good care of us. After Karen paid the bill she slipped in an extra $20 for our server which she was thrilled to get.

Karen picked up the car and the picked me up and we just came home. I was exhausted. So was Karen but we did get our nails done and hers look fantastic.

Tomorrow I'm going shopping by myself while Karen takes the kids to a swim meet. I can pick up a few things for her as well.

I just got a message from a girl that I went to WW with. She asked if I was free for lunch this weekend so we can catch up. So we are going to meet at the mall on Sunday. She is a very sweet girl and I'm sure we will have a lot of fun and laughs.

Oh dear ! But at least you got something festive in the end..best laid plans.
I keep seeing these powder manicures and pedicures , they seem to turn out ok but I’ve not tried. Interesting concept. I need to get my tootsies and nails done this week too.

Outback is always good isn’t it! Sounds a good day out in spite of the mishaps .. :)

Now I never heard of powder manicures. I think I will stick with the tried and true. Karen spoke with the owner since there was no one in there tonight. She said she was sorry it happened and it will be either Liam her husband or Helen. Liam said he loved me and when it was time for my nail color change he would come in early if he had to. LOL For some reason he thinks I am sweet and cute. Celine agreed. They both love me. They are so cute.

Yes Outback is always good. I would eat there at least once a week if I could afford it. Always perfectly done.

Everyday is a good day minnie56. I just look at the funny side of things. You know most things do have a funny side.

My legs have been so swollen and I have a rash. It was so bad that I could hardly walk. So this morning I walked in my doctor's office to see if he could fit me in. He wasn't due in until noon, but another doctor could take me in 15 minutes.

She wasn't happy about the swelling. REALLY? Neither am I, that's why I'm here. So she ordered a steroid cream for my rash and ordered some blood tests and a chest xray and ultrasound for my legs.

The doctor there was so sweet to me and was gorgeous. Of course I'm too old to notice things like that. snicker But he did one leg and told me exactly what he was going to do. Then he wiped the goo off my leg and started on the other. Wiped that off when he was done. Then he helped me off the table and actually helped me put on my pants and shoes. Can you believe that? The good news is that I don't have any blood clots. So I will take the diuretic starting tomorrow. Just have to wait for the blood test results tomorrow.

Oh Mary! I love your sense of humor.

What a fiasco on the nails. Shouldn’t have been that difficult!

Gotta tell you: we’re at Disneyland with our older son & his family having just spent a week at Disney World with our younger son & family! Daily naps are a necessity! Having a fabulous time!

Dear Angelrose, I've only read bits of your journey and I too think you're sweet and cute. No wonder,people in your life think you're sweet and cute to the moon and back.

You are an amazing woman. Your life is touching more people than you'll ever know.

Now I never heard of powder manicures. I think I will stick with the tried and true. Karen spoke with the owner since there was no one in there tonight. She said she was sorry it happened and it will be either Liam her husband or Helen. Liam said he loved me and when it was time for my nail color change he would come in early if he had to. LOL For some reason he thinks I am sweet and cute. Celine agreed. They both love me. They are so cute.

Yes Outback is always good. I would eat there at least once a week if I could afford it. Always perfectly done.

Everyday is a good day minnie56. I just look at the funny side of things. You know most things do have a funny side.

My legs have been so swollen and I have a rash. It was so bad that I could hardly walk. So this morning I walked in my doctor's office to see if he could fit me in. He wasn't due in until noon, but another doctor could take me in 15 minutes.

She wasn't happy about the swelling. REALLY? Neither am I, that's why I'm here. So she ordered a steroid cream for my rash and ordered some blood tests and a chest xray and ultrasound for my legs.

The doctor there was so sweet to me and was gorgeous. Of course I'm too old to notice things like that. snicker But he did one leg and told me exactly what he was going to do. Then he wiped the goo off my leg and started on the other. Wiped that off when he was done. Then he helped me off the table and actually helped me put on my pants and shoes. Can you believe that? The good news is that I don't have any blood clots. So I will take the diuretic starting tomorrow. Just have to wait for the blood test results tomorrow.

SO right -- there's always something funny about life and if you don't laugh , you cry and that's not a good way to be!
Hope your legs get better fast! That happens to me when I travel and I'm always a bit panicked about clots but so far - so good - knock on wood.
Diuretics will take care of that.

And nope - never too old to appreciate someone who's easy on the eyes! Enjoy it!!

Take care of you...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts