Anika was right! Tiana’s Bayou Magic!

Queen2PrincessG

DIS Veteran
I think a few weeks back, Craig doubted Anika Noni when she said the ride was pushing forward and coming soon. Her date may have been off but she was indeed correct. I’m so excited to see this ride happen. Happy to see some of the last bits of Song of The South in the parks disappear and finally some Black Girl Magic permanently in Disney. It was actually smart of Disney to share this announcement at Essence Fest versus D23. It means more. Anyone else excited? 7FA0E2FD-C31B-4B63-A9C8-9E9573BEC7DF.jpeg

I'm excited, nervous and have some concerns.

The Princess and the Frog deserves a ride. It should have had a ride years ago when the movie was released. The film's music is fantastic, Tiana is an amazing role model and the movie means a great deal to a lot of people. However, I would have preferred the film get a made-from-scratch dark ride in the Fantasyland area of the park with Ariel, Belle, and the others. That's where the movie belongs thematically in Magic Kingdom. Disneyland is another story.

I'm also concerned about the height requirements. Splash Mountain has a height requirement of 40 inches. Most kids don't reach that height until age 5. Are they missing their target demographic for a princess ride?

With that said, I'm hopeful that current Disney management will put the needed resources into this retheme. I hope they 'Dig a Little Deeper' into those pockets for this reimagine. I'll be highly disappointed if it's full of screens and the numerous existing animatronics are ripped out. I thought the "all new music" announcement was unnecessary. The film's soundtrack is amazing. Keep it.

And I would like the firefly scene even though Ray is gone and this "adventure" occurs post-film.

From a capacity standpoint, it's going to be difficult to bring down Splash Mountain for an entire year to reimagine. Tron will be online, but it's much less capacity than Splash Mountain and less accessible to families with children.

MK is so crowded as it is. Taking a high-capacity ride like Splash down for a long period of time is going to make it even worse. It will be interesting to see what they attempt to do to mitigate that.

But, I'm still excited.

On a side note, Louis is one of my favorite Disney characters and I hope they do him justice. Fun fact—he was animated by Eric Goldberg who also did the Genie from Aladdin. Probably the reason I like him so much.

Last edited:

I’m excited to see what they do to fit it in to the existing structure. I loved the movie and it has a great soundtrack so it has what it takes …I just hope it doesn’t fall short with Disney cutting corners in making it work. Anyone have any guesses how they work the drop in? Maybe something tied to Dr Facilier?

Has there been any announcement or rumor as to when Splash Mountain is going down for the re-do?

Has there been any announcement or rumor as to when Splash Mountain is going down for the re-do?
No announcement as of right now. They'll most likely announce that at D23 in September. If I were to make an educated guess, I would say in January/February 2023 when it usually goes down for it's seasonal refurb. That would give them 20-ish months for the retheme, around the same time it took for Maelstrom to be rethemed to Frozen.

My hope for this attraction is we get amazing animatronics paired with some screens along the walls (that are super well-blended with the physical sets) and other practical effects sprinkled throughout to bring a real kinetic energy to the entire ride. Like the PP, I would love to see Dr. Facilier involved somehow! The music is superb and I hope they make that a big part of the ride. Budget is going to greatly determine what Charita Carter can do with this refurb. I'm rooting for her and her team to pull out a show-stopper!

Reactions: GAN

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter