Animal Kingdom Questions

ErinInCT

Someday my tag will come...
Everything on the map looks so spread out. We want to do the following attractions:

Safari
Rapids
FotLK
Pocohontas
Triceratop Spin

We are going in Sept & NOT going on EMH day. Is it a far walk from the Safari to the Rapids? I have heard that the best time to do the safari is 1st thing & I figured after that we will be hot so we may as well cool down at the rapids & then head to the front of the park to do the other things. I want to try to do AK & MGM in the same day with a break in btwn (going to MGM at 3:30pm for the parade). Can I get the above things done by noon?
Thanks for the AK advice!!

I think in September you are probably safe getting all of the above done by noon. We were just there in Sept & I don't think the Rapids opened until 10:30 or so. There just weren't enough people waiting to get on it. You might be able to take advantage of a Fastpass for some of the attractions you mentioned. The trickiest part will be working with the show times. I'd start by deciding which show you want to see when & work on the rides around the shows.

We did half days at all parks in Sept with an afternoon break from the heat. We were never able to work in 2 shows & all the rides in our half day - it seems like we always just missed the last show. Good luck - I'm sure it can be done! :)

Yes, the park is spread out, but it's not as much as Epcot! I would also recommend seeing It's tough to be a bug! Very funny! Also enjoy the trails, afterall, the animals are why you're here! Unless you have very small kids, I would forgo Pocohontas and see Tarzan Rocks instead!

We love Pocohontas and we have no children. It is a very cute show. With all of the little animals running back and forth. No it is not big and flashy but it is really adorable.

we get there by 9:30 and rarely stay past 1:00pm.

get fast pass for safari
go to lion king show
rides safari
see bugs life
walk to dino land
do tarzan if timing is right

leave

I have 2 little ones (4 & 1), one of which is a major princess lover & to her Pocohontas is a princess so she is a must see!! The kids are not that "in to" animals but they are very "in to" Disney & rides so I was planning to do the stuff that involved characters & rides. I think they would "tolerate" the safari but dh & I really want to do it!! They will love the rapids ( they love water parks) & the Dinoland ride. We did not plan it when we were there last month & dd4 keeps reminding me we need to do it "next time". She was scared at Philharmagic so I am not sure if we will even attempt ITTBAB!
Being the commando that I am, I have planned the following:
Arrive for Rafiki's opening ceremony (8:45am)
Safari
Kali (I HOPE it is open b4 10:30am!!)
FotLK 10:45am show
Pocohontas 11:25am show
Try to fit in Triceratop Spin but no biggie if we miss it
If Kali is not open, we'll do the 9:45am show of FotLK (hope Safari is over by then) and the 10:25am Pocohontas show & then do the Rapids afterwards.
Is this do-able? Is it a far walk from the Safari to Kali to Camp Minnie/Mickey?

Just keep one thing in mind if you plan on going elsewhere after doing Kali River Rapids- you may get absolutley soaked( or maybe not) there is no way to know and you will have to go to MGM like that- SOAKED right through.
When we go to AK we don't wear white and we save the rapids for the end so we go back and change.
Have fun!
Linda

We'll have our ponchos so hopefully we won't look too dweeby wearing ponchos!!
We'll be going to back to the room for naps b4 MGM (going to MGM in time for afternoon parade).
Quick Kali question...
Is there a height restriction or will dd (who will be almost 2 at next visit) be able to ride no problem?

Yes there is a height restriction, 38 inches and taller. They have a bar that your DD will have to stand up to to see if she is tall enough. There is a parent swap down where you get on the ride if she is not tall enough. And you'll be fine with poncho's, we see people wearing them all the time.

Sorry. I didn't see your kids ages. Yeah, with kids that young I would skip It's Tough to be a Bug. They would be scared. In that case, your plan sounds good. Have a blast, and make sure to go to Camp Minnie-Mickey to meet the characters. You can usually see Chip and Dale, Pooh and friends, and this is one of the only places that Mickey and Minnie will pose together!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter