Animal Kingdon Help

Ivette1980

Mouseketeer
I dont see many info on AK - can anyone or everyone give me tips on what to do first. I plan to kind of be there from the time it open to closes - if necessary. I've read to go to the best attractions first, but do I really want to zig-zag around the park?

It all depends on what you like to do. But if you want to try something unusual not just going on DinoLand rides, here's a few ideas. Since you said you want to be there at park opening, once you are inside the gates start towards the bridge to Africa and watch the short opening ceremony with the characters by the Tree of Life.

Then go straight to Kilimanjaro Safari to get an early ride. Nice photo ops.

Then maybe take the neat open air train to Conservation Station. This is never crowded and there are some nice exhibits. Check the electronic schedule board for veterinarian procedures for the day. You may get to see (through the large glass windows) - the vet staff perfroming x-rays of animals or birds or even a surgical procedure on one. The CMs stationed by the glass can be quite helpful. And the vet may describe what is going on via microphone.

There are two good inside shows - Finding Nemo The Musical, and The Festival of The Lion King. So check your map quide times if you want to fit both in which if you are there all day you can do.

Other favorites are the bird show Flights of Fantasy, the Tiger walk and the Gorilla trail. CMs stationed along the way share info about all the animals - don't be shy to ask questions.

Zig zagging is OK! Remember this is the park that will close the earliest.

Enjoy

Thanx for the tips ... I was sort of going by the route of the map but I guess it will save me more time to get on the good rides and attractions first.

I didn't know about the opening show - thanx! My boys will love that as I know it does includes Raffiki & Timone (if memory serves) .. they have been obessed with The Lion King for a couple of months.

I will definately go and see Bug's Life & Fest. of the Lion King. I just hope I can get all this done by atleast 3-330 pm, I'd like to garb a spot for the parade. Any idea on where a great Character stop spot will be?

There are little character spots not too far from FOTLK. Here Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald have their own little covered open hut like structure. Lines go fairly quickly and all are dressed in safari garb.

On the way towards Asia, near the water is a little path for Pooh, Tigger and Eeyore. Not really well marked.

Pluto and Goofy can also be found in DinoLand at times.

We have not done the breakfast at Tusker House but I've seen some great character photos from it. Need reservations made early for that.

Gotta say the best place for characters is Conservation Station. Pocohantas and Jiminy Crickett and Rafiki! And never a line there. Can you tell we think that area is underated? So much to see there if you are a kid.

It all depends on what you like to do. But if you want to try something unusual not just going on DinoLand rides, here's a few ideas. Since you said you want to be there at park opening, once you are inside the gates start towards the bridge to Africa and watch the short opening ceremony with the characters by the Tree of Life.

Then go straight to Kilimanjaro Safari to get an early ride. Nice photo ops.

Then maybe take the neat open air train to Conservation Station. This is never crowded and there are some nice exhibits. Check the electronic schedule board for veterinarian procedures for the day. You may get to see (through the large glass windows) - the vet staff perfroming x-rays of animals or birds or even a surgical procedure on one. The CMs stationed by the glass can be quite helpful. And the vet may describe what is going on via microphone.

There are two good inside shows - Finding Nemo The Musical, and The Festival of The Lion King. So check your map quide times if you want to fit both in which if you are there all day you can do.

Other favorites are the bird show Flights of Fantasy, the Tiger walk and the Gorilla trail. CMs stationed along the way share info about all the animals - don't be shy to ask questions.

Zig zagging is OK! Remember this is the park that will close the earliest.

Enjoy

Good to know about this. Thanks for taking the time to share this with us! I'll better try it in our next trip.

Have a nice day everyone. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter