Animation 101 Workshop at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge

schultzywi

Earning My Ears
DVC Silver
Has anyone done this? I can't find any reviews and am wondering if it is worth the time and cost. Thanks.

I signed up for next month based on the discussion on the link madchatter posted. It sounds like it’ll be fun! I’ll report back after we take it :-)

Reporting back! I took the class last week. I thought it was enjoyable and worth the $40.

Todd, the instructor/animator was a great teacher and very entertaining. He weaved in lots of interesting stories from his animation experience.

It was a nice high level introduction to the basic principles of animation and flip books, but since you’re fitting a lot into 90-minutes, it truly is very high level.

A few things that I would change: There was a lot of lecture/talking before we got into the drawing (making flip books). It would’ve been nice for Todd to break up the lecture with some short video clips that showed each animation principle or woven in the first drawing exercise into the principles to break up the talking. It also would’ve been nice to have a little more time for the last drawing exercise and to have something better to use for the flip books (we just used a regular small white paper pad that I found hard to flip).

On a side note you get pita/hummus and drinks. If you get sugar with your tea, they give you Mickey sugar cubes! I’ve only previously seen them from pictures of Grand Floridian club level, so I was excited to see them :-)

(adult) DD and I did this class in October and we didn't care for it. We should have researched it more to find out it is a higher level and wasn't wasn't what we expected. Todd was very nice but we felt he talked far too much about his career and animation principles. On and on and on. The Flip Book we 'tried' to make came at the end of the class and almost seemed like an 'afterthought' (to us). I had made reservations for Dec for me and DH and I cancelled and got a refund. We thought the appetizer munchies served during the class were the highlight.

We far more liked the Cake Decorating class we had done the day before. Booked it a second time for last Thursday and enjoyed it again....especially the Rosa Rogale wine & delicious flour-less chocolate cake we ate at the class and took (resort) home with us.

Just my humble opinion, of course.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter