Anniversary Dinner?

QJ411

O'hana means family...
Hi everyone!!!

I've been away from the forum for some time now and I'm getting withdrawal!!!;)

In December, my DH and I will be going back to WL again for our 1st wedding anniversary. My cousins and their kids will be coming w/ us, but for one night, we would like to have a nice quiet dinner alone.

When we were there for our Honeymoon last year, we had lunch/dinner at Cindy's Castle and it was ok, and we went to the Poly Luau and going again this year...is there somewhere else "romantic" and quiet you guys recommend for just my DH and I?

Thanks all!!!:wave: :wave: :wave:

Yachtsman Steakhouse at the Yacht Club is at the top of our must do list. We usually celebrate our last night at the World there followed by Illuminations at Epcot and maybe a night cap at the Adventurers Club on PI.

The Yachtsman is very elegant, fine linens, wood accents, and top notch CM's. Their menu is full of wonderful tasty appetizers, fine wine selection, great aged beef, and excellent fresh vegetables, and rich desserts. My favorites are the pan seared crab cakes with fresh greens, Filet Mignon with crushed potatoes, fresh asparagus, my DH loves the New England Clam chowder, Land and Sea with stuffed baked potato and of course the Tower of Chocolate with cherries.

Congratulations on your Anniversary, my DH and I will be celebrating our 23rd in 2004!

We just had an excellent anniversarry dinner at Palio's (Swan). Service and food were magnificent and they have an extensive wine list (a little pricey). I know we will be back, we put Palio's on our "A" list.

Im laughing at the 2 previous replies. We will have a night out for our anniversary next summer and I had narrowed it down to either Yachtmans or Palios. I guess I have 2 good choices there...but how to choose? ;)

Thanks everyone...I think it's gonna be a really tough one to decide!

Keep the recomendations coming! Ideas, Ideas, Ideas!!!!;)

:wave: :teeth: :wave: :teeth:

We went to Victoria's and Albert's for our five year and the California Grill for our ten year!

Some other places that come to mind are California Grill, Citricos, Narcoossee's, Artist Point and Jiko.

California Grill is a very large and busy place but if you request the wine room and are willing to wait that room is very quiet and intimate. The food and service are great.

We really enjoy Jiko's, California Grill, and Artist Point. Don't forget to mention it is your anniversary when you make your PS. You never know, but maybe some Disney magic could come your way. Congratulations and have a wonderful time!

Pam

I was really glad to hear the thumbs up for Palios. DH and I will be having our anniversary dinner there in about a month (our 28th) We did Victoria & Alberts for our 20th and were on the Wonder for our 25th, but I think all the previous suggested restaurants would make for a very romatic anniversary dinner.
Congratulations and here to many more to come.

Staying at the WL....go to Artist Point...one of the best restaurants on disney property!

Our other choices would be Chefs de France or Flying Fish...or, we are excited to try the new restaurant in the Dolphin...could be open by then.

DH and I went to palios on our honeymoon in Dec. last year. Congrats on your 1st anniversary! :)

Palios is very quiet from early to mid Dec. We were putting at Fantasia, it started pouring down raining, and DH and I ran to the first hotel we culd find--Swan. We were hungry, too. And as we were passing Palios, the hostess approached US, soaking wet and all, and invited us to dinner. I am very picky, but this place was wonderful (Italian food). It is quiet with dim, romantic lighting. And sometimes, a walking band band will stop shortly to serenade the two of you.

I will definitely go back there next time! Have a magical time on your first wedding anniversary!

We had our 5th anniversary dinner here last year and it was wonderful! Both the service and the food (and romantic atmosphere as well;) ) were just absolutely excellent!! I can't say enough about it!

They even personalized our menu's with our names and wrote "Happy Anniversary" in chocholate on our desserts.

Have a wonderful anniversary! Good luck deciding!

:teeth: Thanks everyone for their ideas!!! I'll definetly mention that its our anniversary. W/ some CM, they're nice about it, but when I called to make the PS for the Spirit of Aloha, she just brushed it off, but today, I called to try to make PS for Cindy's breakfast (I called at 10:30 thinking it'll NEVER work...but the really sweet CM found me a slot! YAY) I told the CM it was our fist anniversary and that we had our honeymoon there she was so nice and she made a note of it on my PS.

During our honeymoon last yr. whenever we made PS, we told them it was our Honeymoon and every place we ate at gave us something special. Nothing big, but just like alittle sweets and it was very nice. :p

Thanks for all the ideas and well wishes...;)

We just might stick w/ Artist Point since its in WL and we may also order in and have another quiet dinner from our balcony. (Hopefully, we'll get a room similar to last). ;)

Thanks again!!! :teeth: :wave: :teeth: :wave:

Congratulations on your 1st anniversary.
We are heading to WDW for our 27th in October!!!
I wanted to book the chef's table at V&A for our anniversary on the 23rd but someone beat me to it. So we will be dinning at Jiko's that night. However, I was able to get the chef's table on the 25th. We also have PS's at the California Grill for the 22nd.
I will be celebrating every night I'm there!!!!
The 24th we have tickets to La Nouba and haven't decided where to go that night. We just might head to Beaches and Cream and see if we can finish a kitchen sink!!!
Can't wait!!!!
:Pinkbounc

We went to the California Grill at the top of the Contemporary for Valentine's Night. My DH made the reservations late so we were there for the fireworks-it was incredible! They lower the lights and the music from the Fireworks is piped into the restaurant-and of course you have a great view! If you go, request a table by the window facing the MK. You can even walk out on the observation deck and watch the show from there. The food was good, and we were dressed in nice shorts and a skirt. We had the extra special treat of eating next to Ben Vereen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter