Anniversary Dinner??

susan137

DIS Veteran
DH is bulking at wearing a suit on vacation, so I guess my dream of V & A is out. :guilty:

So, what would be a great second choice for a REALLY special dinner??? We will be celebrating 22 years of bliss :rotfl:

Bring on the suggestions!
Susan :flower:

Citricos at GF - (it's right next to V&A so you'd be close!) - the staff there is always sooooo very nice - great atmosphere.

Citrico's would be my frst choice. Very few children, wonderful food and service, and rather romantic.

Anne

We went to Yachtman Steakhouse for our anniversary last year and thought it was excellent.

I've also eaten at YSH, Jiko, and the CG.

All are excellent restaurants.

BUT...

None of them offer the romance factor of Citrico.

The Yachtsman and CG are often over run with kids and can be VERY noisy.

Also, the CG tends to have lots of people coming from the parks, not dressed up nicely, seeing a guy in a grungy t-shirt with sweatmarks in the armpits with his wife who's got a chocolate ice cream schmear down the front and the kids who have ketchup stains on their shirts from lunch at the table next to me puts a little damper on the atmosphere IMHO.

Yachtsman is recovering from a few years of so-so food and iffy service. Recovering, but not quite back to greatness yet. Because it's still in that stage, I'd avoid it for any special meals.

Jiko is marvelous, quite arguably the best restaurant at WDW. It's just not "romantic" IMHO.

Don't get me wrong, all four of these are EXCELLENT restaurants, I've dined at all four at least a half dozen times each, and in some cases two or three dozen times over the years. I'm looking specifically at an anniversary dinner, and Citrico's is the most appropriate choice.

Anne

Citricos would be a nice choice--and you can walk by V&A while you're getting there!! Be aware-it's closed on Monday and Tuesday.
THo not as "romantic" Jiko would be a fine alternative. Fine menu, excellent service, and a top-notch wine list. Tho there are kids there, it's not particularly over-run, as many families with kids opt for the buffet at Boma.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter