Anniversary Trip - No Kids!

Bri036

Mouseketeer
My wife and I celebrated our 10th Anniversary with a trip to the world June 25th-30th. Probably the best dining experiences we have had in 5 years of going to Disney including our 5th anniversary with Deluxe Dining. A quick write-up as the pictures are showing to be to big of a problem to upload and most are half eaten anyway :)!

Via Napoli - Arancini and Large Pepperoni, Chicken Sausage, and Mushroom Pizza- Arancini was not as good to me as the last time but the pizza was even better than I remember. Awesome and Great service!

Homecomin' - Ordered way to much food!!! But it was delicious! Shared the thigh high chicken biscuits (awesome!), Kitchen Plate - Grilled Corn Succotash (anyone have a recipe please share), Mac and Cheese, and Collards (awesome) and Fried Green Tomatoes. (Good but enjoyed other options more.) I also really enjoyed the moonshine sweet tea lemonade, very good!

Interestingly enough we both looked at each other and said we have to eat here again. We sat right next to the kitchen. Asked server if we could get a reservation for Friday lunch. She said of course and then came back to say we had to do it on the App. There's technology for you. Cancelled Il Mulino Dinner for a Friday Homecoming' Lunch (Turned out to be a great decision - hint: TSL)

Satu'li Canteen - Very impressed. Wife had the grilled chicken, whole grain and rice, and creamy herb. I had the beef, sweet potato hash, and black bean vinaigrette. One of the biggest surprises.

Nine Dragons - Could not have been more pleased again. We shared the sesame chicken and the nine dragons lunch box. Really thought it was unbelievable for the price and service. Food hot, fresh, and good.

Will update later with:
Caseys Corner
Sci-Fi Dine-in
Yachtsmen
Homecomin' Part 2
Pop Century - Brick Oven Pizza

Caseys Corner - Biggest disappointment but maybe for a lack of preparation on our part. With Happily Ever After Starting at 9:15, I went in between 8:00 and 8:15 and had wife find a spot for fireworks for us. It was a madhouse in there. Was in a line to place order that snaked all around the place and it wasn't moving. Decided to place a mobile order while standing there. I know I saved time by doing that by watching those in line. However, there was a huge problem trying to get our food. The two people announcing the order numbers spoke broken english and no one could understand them. Food was ok, fries were hot, but will never make the mistake of trying there and hour before the fireworks> Had two chili cheese dogs, fries, and very obstructed view of fireworks.

Sci-Fi Dine In - Have had reservations for this on several trips but always managed to cancel. Glad we didn't this time. Checked in close to 45 minutes early and the host said no guarantees but maybe a few minutes earlier we could be seated. We were seated within five minutes. We shared a southern burger and fries (pimento cheese, fried green tomato) and original burger with fries and order of onion rings. Everything was tasty, great service, and a neat atmosphere. Also enjoyed a cherry shake! Definitely would recommend again. Similar price to quick service with a better atmosphere.

Yachtsman - On our fifth anniversary trip, we hit several Signatures including Citrico's, Le Cellier, Narcoose's, and Yachtsman. Yachtsman was our favorite and we booked it for our 10th anniversary. I went with the Prime Ribeye and fries and the she had the filet with mashed potatoes and the french onion soup. Thought it all was very good. Also had the side of the butternut squash risotto which was disappointing probably should have gone for the mac and cheese again. We left satisfied and not stuffed as we head off for Disney After Hours. Disney After Hours is a must do if possible. Totally exceeded our expectations as we got to ride all the rides we wanted multiple times with virtually no wait.

Homecomin' Part 2 -
We were excited to hit this again and again we ordered too much. We had the appetizer of the ham biscuits which were very good. The wife had the chicken and dumpling soup and the fried chicken salad. She was almost full from the soup. I had the catfish with grits hoping to save room for dessert but again no such luck. The food was great maybe not as good as our first visit but the trip was made even better by our server, Genevieve. We were so impressed by her knowledge of the drinks they served. I had never had an old fashion and asked for a description. What i received was as detailed a description and history of the drink, was very interesting and impressive. She also said she had started a youtube disney channel and I sure wish I caught the name of it, if it is half as good as the job she did serving us it must be great! She also advised is to keep an eye open for a soft opening at TSL for that afternoon and she proved right! We both searched high and low to find a way to give a good review of her service but this is the only way I have found.

Pop Century - On our last night, we surveyed the line at Woody's Lunch Box and said no thanks. We decided to head back to the hotel and decided to try the brick oven pizza at Pop Century. We both were very surprised by our pizzas. We shared the BBQ chicken and the pepperoni. Way, way, better than expected. Crisp crust, good toppings, and served fairly quickly. Might have been the biggest surprise of the trip. Had several breakfasts at Pop Century that aren't worth mentioning here but the pizza definitely was.

Looking forward to a return trip at Thanksgiving but this time with kids!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!