Annoying people at Disney

Status
Not open for further replies.

zobow02

Mouseketeer
Has anyone ever seen or had the most obnoxious people at Disney? Once my family and I found a spot up front for the Electrical parade 60 MIN BEFORE IT STARTED. So literally as the parade started 2 moms shoved their 2 11year old girls right in front of OUR SPOT. The girls were bffs and would not stop doing their secret handshake that invaded OUR SPACE. They also had the big sticky lollipops that almost stuck to my mom's hair. The girl was waving it back and forth and it was 1/2 an inch away from my moms hair. My mom yelled at the girl because she was fed up that she waited over an hour just to get good seats for the parade that were taken without asking. The girls mom was peeved but my mom didn't care lol.

My dad also shoved my little brother RIGHT in between the girls bc my brother couldn't see. They were so uncomfortable it was kinda funny.

Crowd creep. Happens all the time. Some kids pushed their way in front of my son even though we had been waiting for a long time in a great spot. I reminded them that we were already there and they couldn't sit in the street anyway. Their mom came over and started yelling at me for parenting her children, and I let her have it right back until she got frustrated enough that she finally grabbed her children and left. Bring it on Mom, I'll parent your kids if you don't want to, and then let you have it as well when you complain about it.

I cant even say how many times over the years kids pushed their way between our tables and windows at restaurants, or at parades. I don't blame the kids but the parents who don't bother to correct them so they know its rude behavior.

Kids climbing over Push the trashcan even kicking him, while hes begging the kids to stop and parents are laughing and taking pics.

Babies screaming at restaurant and parents just continued to enjoy their meal and ignore the poor red face screaming baby, finally I complained and server went over and asked them to try to quiet the baby, mother picked baby up for 5 min then set her back in the high chair and ignore her screaming again.

I was reading this and had to give my story that is completely OPPOSITE,

We were in Epcot watching Illuminations, and my then 9 year old daughter was standing behind people, since we did not get there early enough to secure a spot, the lady in front of her standing right by the railing, turned to my daughter and told her to take her place so she will be able to see the show.

Just like there are many obnoxious people at WDW, there are people with a good heart who want the kids to experience the Magic in Disney too

We got a full meal comped at Coral Reef over obnoxious guests. We were by the tanks and 2 little darlings ran up and pressed their noses against the glass. Annoying but not fatal. Then the little girl (around 3 maybe 4) climbed up on our table using an empty chair and walked over our food. The manager actually had to look for the parents because at 1st no one wanted to claim them. Only time I have ever let Disney pay for someone else's actions.

We got a full meal comped at Coral Reef over obnoxious guests. We were by the tanks and 2 little darlings ran up and pressed their noses against the glass. Annoying but not fatal. Then the little girl (around 3 maybe 4) climbed up on our table using an empty chair and walked over our food. The manager actually had to look for the parents because at 1st no one wanted to claim them. Only time I have ever let Disney pay for someone else's actions.

wow I'd be peeved if that ever happened to me

No words :scared:

I’m a teacher and it’s hard for me to turn that off when I am not in school. Being in public around misbehaving children requires a lot of self control. I basically have to leave the situation or I will speak up. My daughter and I were in Target watching a child rolling around on the floor with no parents in sight. She said, “You’re not in school Mom.” Another time we were in a store and a child was throwing toys off of the shelves. My daughter gave me a look and said, “Just keep walking Mom.”

Before going to WDW I really have to remind myself over and over to MYOB because we always see a lot of bad behavior in WDW. Unless they affect us directly, I fight to keep my mouth shut. However if kids are in our faces behaving inappropriately, all bets are off.

I love rude threads, not sure why. Maybe cause it’s funny & appalling at the same time the things people will do.
I usually try to ignore bad behavior & rarely say anything if I see a child doing something they shouldn’t, even if the little devil is about to break their necks. I shake my head & walk away. Mostly because even if you have saved their little monster’s life by warning them to stop, say climbing & swinging on something, the parents are more likely to be angry at you than their child. So I turn away so I don’t have to witness the carnage. The exception to this would be if someone in my family is about to be hurt by the little monster.

The scene that I can't get out of my head happened by the exit of It's a Small World. A little boy, probably 6-8 yrs old was asking his dad a question. I had no idea what it was about but the dad was just obnoxious and you could tell he was just fed up with his kid. The guys was rough around the edges. He roughly grabs his son with one arm and pulls him tight to his left side while sitting on on his ECV. His son is not seated, just dangling to the side with his feet not touching the ground. The dad TAKES OFF in the scooter and his son's foot gets caught between the rear wheel and the fender, maybe a one inch gap, and completely rolled this kids ankle from back to front . Kid starts wailing. Dad starts swearing at his son, and others in their group chime in to pile it on the boy. I was just dumbfounded at what I was witnessing. It was all within a few seconds. The way the kids foot rotated I wouldn't be surprised of it was broken. I didn't get a chance to investigate. The Dad takes a quick look at his wailing son clutching his ankle, then just shrugs it off and goes hauling off into the crowd with his kid dangling from his side again. They were gone quick and I was just too surprised to act. Sad shocking situation. I still think about that poor kid.

Dan

The scene that I can't get out of my head happened by the exit of It's a Small World. A little boy, probably 6-8 yrs old was asking his dad a question. I had no idea what it was about but the dad was just obnoxious and you could tell he was just fed up with his kid. The guys was rough around the edges. He roughly grabs his son with one arm and pulls him tight to his left side while sitting on on his ECV. His son is not seated, just dangling to the side with his feet not touching the ground. The dad TAKES OFF in the scooter and his son's foot gets caught between the rear wheel and the fender, maybe a one inch gap, and completely rolled this kids ankle from back to front . Kid starts wailing. Dad starts swearing at his son, and others in their group chime in to pile it on the boy. I was just dumbfounded at what I was witnessing. It was all within a few seconds. The way the kids foot rotated I wouldn't be surprised of it was broken. I didn't get a chance to investigate. The Dad takes a quick look at his wailing son clutching his ankle, then just shrugs it off and goes hauling off into the crowd with his kid dangling from his side again. They were gone quick and I was just too surprised to act. Sad shocking situation. I still think about that poor kid.

Dan
Wow. Imagine what goes on when they aren’t in public.

I have visited the parks hundreds of times and have countless stories like this. That's the general population, I guess! For as many sucky people there are, the great CM's and polite/friendly guests cancel it out.

My favorite thing to do is joke about stories or funny things I've overheard. I once heard an old lady call her grandson a dingbat. I also overheard a conversation where the man told the person on the other side of his phone convo, "Don't cut the meat off". Um, don't cut the meat off of what??? :scared:

Actually, I almost lost my cool on someone 2 weeks ago at the Flower and Garden Festival. This woman dressed to impress in the 85* weather made a comment about my boyfriend as he reserved a table while I got us something to eat at one of the booths. She wasn't even near the table close enough to reserve it and made a comment to her friends saying, "Well I would've grabbed that table had that friggin guy and all his camera equipment not sat down first". I so badly wanted to say, "You should really watch what you say because I'm with that friggin guy", but I opted to take the high road.

My husband and I were at Epcot and it was probably 1.5 hours before Illuminations. We decided to grab a snack and grab a bench and wait for the show. Now the bench we had probably had room for 2.5 people. We were both sitting. This couple comes up to us about 15 minutes before show time and asks if that seat was taken? We were like, what seat? We are sitting on the bench taking up most of it. They wanted us to squeeze together so one of them could sit down. Huh?? My husband just said, we are sitting here. When Illuminations started we twisted our bodies around to watch the show. Well those people stood beside us the entire show and gave us dirty looks and mumbled under their breath the whole time! They made me feel as if we were doing something wrong by getting there early and sitting on the bench and not squeezing ourselves in to let them sit. Once it was over, we got up and just walked away.

Another time in the Magic Kingdom, we had found a curb spot probably an hour plus before the parade. We know, you have to get there early if you want a decent spot. So we are just hanging out and talking. I believe my daughter and I were sitting on the curb and my husband was standing leaning against a trash can. 5 minutes (literally 5 minutes) before the start of the parade, this woman with an umbrella stroller comes from across the street and motions and asked us if she can get through. So my daughter and I lean in opposite directions thinking she is going to go through us on to the sidewalk. NOPE! She swings the carriage around in the air and plops it down in between us!! We were like, WTH?? I looked up and her and said, no, you need to move along, we've been here for an hour and you are not going to come up 5 minutes before the parade and push us aside. She did move, but I couldn't believe what she had done. We had a good laugh about that one!

My husband and I were at Epcot and it was probably 1.5 hours before Illuminations. We decided to grab a snack and grab a bench and wait for the show. Now the bench we had probably had room for 2.5 people. We were both sitting. This couple comes up to us about 15 minutes before show time and asks if that seat was taken? We were like, what seat? We are sitting on the bench taking up most of it. They wanted us to squeeze together so one of them could sit down. Huh?? My husband just said, we are sitting here. When Illuminations started we twisted our bodies around to watch the show. Well those people stood beside us the entire show and gave us dirty looks and mumbled under their breath the whole time! They made me feel as if we were doing something wrong by getting there early and sitting on the bench and not squeezing ourselves in to let them sit. Once it was over, we got up and just walked away.

Another time in the Magic Kingdom, we had found a curb spot probably an hour plus before the parade. We know, you have to get there early if you want a decent spot. So we are just hanging out and talking. I believe my daughter and I were sitting on the curb and my husband was standing leaning against a trash can. 5 minutes (literally 5 minutes) before the start of the parade, this woman with an umbrella stroller comes from across the street and motions and asked us if she can get through. So my daughter and I lean in opposite directions thinking she is going to go through us on to the sidewalk. NOPE! She swings the carriage around in the air and plops it down in between us!! We were like, WTH?? I looked up and her and said, no, you need to move along, we've been here for an hour and you are not going to come up 5 minutes before the parade and push us aside. She did move, but I couldn't believe what she had done. We had a good laugh about that one!
I feel your pain on the parade thing. I have seen near fist fights over people just showing up and popping down. Had some people ask once if their kids could sit in front of us, I said sure and they sat down. Halfway thru the parade I turned around to ask they could have some of my daughters candy. They were gone they rushed back up as the parade ended. I wondered what to babysitters get at Disney?

UGH. We have had similar incidents at Illuminations. I love this show, but it seems as though we can no longer watch it in peace. My poor son in law nearly lost it when a rude group pushed their way into our personal space, and I was actually stepped on by one of them. It's such a lack of respect for others.:sad2: Good for you for standing up to the umbrella stroller woman; you sent her packing!:laughing:

Last September 2 grown women were playing bumper cars on their scooters while we were in line for the river rapids. The lady behind her friend slammed into her and pushed her within inches of hitting my then 3 year old daughter and they both laughed. My wife told me to let it go. I put my kids in front of us. Then it happened again. I turned around and told them “run into me or my kids and I’ll turn you and your scooter over”. They kept their distance.

Last September 2 grown women were playing bumper cars on their scooters while we were in line for the river rapids. The lady behind her friend slammed into her and pushed her within inches of hitting my then 3 year old daughter and they both laughed. My wife told me to let it go. I put my kids in front of us. Then it happened again. I turned around and told them “run into me or my kids and I’ll turn you and your scooter over”. They kept their distance.
That’s ridiculous. I hate to think what would have happened if you didn’t stop them.

On our last trip, we were casually walking ( but at the pace of everyone else in the walking line) along the wooden walkway from HM to Splash, single file as there were people walking in the other direction. Suddenly my son, who was behind me, bumped into me. Turns out he was shoved by a grown man who was passing us on the left. The man had his son on his shoulders. As they passed me, the guy bumped me too. When I asked him to watch where he was going, the kid kicked me in the chest. The dad laughed and his kid kept kicking as he hurried away.

So literally as the parade started 2 moms shoved their 2 11year old girls right in front of OUR SPOT...My mom yelled at the girl because she was fed up that she waited over an hour just to get good seats for the parade that were taken without asking. The girls mom was peeved but my mom didn't care lol.
I can't imagine yelling at a little girl at Disney World because of where her mother told her to stand. She was just a child trying to enjoy the parade, and it's not her fault where her own mother placed her.

Imo, more than one mother was acting "obnoxious" in this scenario.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter