Annoying people at Disney

Status
Not open for further replies.
The poor cm's take such abuse at WDW and at DL. They get screamed at, cursed at, shoved and even spit on by obnoxious guest in the parks. We have a friend who has been a wdw employee for over 30 years and my dd got a job DL while going to college there. The stories they tell are sometimes unbelievable. They both love their jobs and take great pleasure in helping guest most of the time, but there are some guest that are just out of control. My daughter just told me about a woman who literally jumped out of her rocket on Astro Orbiter as it was starting to move, so they quickly stopped the ride and rushed to the woman to make she was ok, her husband jumps out of his rocket and starts screaming at them and once he gets to where they are with his wife he literally shoved my daughter to the ground and told her she wasn't allowed to speak to his wife. Security was called and they then handled the unruly man and his wife; but my dd couldn't believe she'd just been assaulted by a guest.

She once got a woman a complimentary t shirt because some teens dumped their soda all over this poor woman from a line queue that was above the walkway where the woman was at the time.

I can't imagine yelling at a little girl at Disney World because of where her mother told her to stand. She was just a child trying to enjoy the parade, and it's not her fault where her own mother placed her.

Imo, more than one mother was acting "obnoxious" in this scenario.

yes, well my mom wouldn't have gotten so mad if the girls moms asked if their daughters could sit right in front of us to get a better view of the parade. we literally sat their for an hour to get a good spot and the mothers didn't even ask us if we could make some room, (and we def would've) they just shoved them in our spot where we were sitting. the girls were mature enough to know too that they should've asked us to make room.

On our last trip, we were casually walking ( but at the pace of everyone else in the walking line) along the wooden walkway from HM to Splash, single file as there were people walking in the other direction. Suddenly my son, who was behind me, bumped into me. Turns out he was shoved by a grown man who was passing us on the left. The man had his son on his shoulders. As they passed me, the guy bumped me too. When I asked him to watch where he was going, the kid kicked me in the chest. The dad laughed and his kid kept kicking as he hurried away.

wow that is just immature of the father! at that point I would be trying not to yell at the father

The scene that I can't get out of my head happened by the exit of It's a Small World. A little boy, probably 6-8 yrs old was asking his dad a question. I had no idea what it was about but the dad was just obnoxious and you could tell he was just fed up with his kid. The guys was rough around the edges. He roughly grabs his son with one arm and pulls him tight to his left side while sitting on on his ECV. His son is not seated, just dangling to the side with his feet not touching the ground. The dad TAKES OFF in the scooter and his son's foot gets caught between the rear wheel and the fender, maybe a one inch gap, and completely rolled this kids ankle from back to front . Kid starts wailing. Dad starts swearing at his son, and others in their group chime in to pile it on the boy. I was just dumbfounded at what I was witnessing. It was all within a few seconds. The way the kids foot rotated I wouldn't be surprised of it was broken. I didn't get a chance to investigate. The Dad takes a quick look at his wailing son clutching his ankle, then just shrugs it off and goes hauling off into the crowd with his kid dangling from his side again. They were gone quick and I was just too surprised to act. Sad shocking situation. I still think about that poor kid.

Dan

poor kid, surprised no cm's or other guests near the scene took action

The guy was obnoxious. I understand sometimes it’s necessary to hurry at WDW, there are lots of timed events...but everyone is there to have a good time and don’t have any tolerance for people who think their needs are more important than anyone else’s.

The scene that I can't get out of my head happened by the exit of It's a Small World. A little boy, probably 6-8 yrs old was asking his dad a question. I had no idea what it was about but the dad was just obnoxious and you could tell he was just fed up with his kid. The guys was rough around the edges. He roughly grabs his son with one arm and pulls him tight to his left side while sitting on on his ECV. His son is not seated, just dangling to the side with his feet not touching the ground. The dad TAKES OFF in the scooter and his son's foot gets caught between the rear wheel and the fender, maybe a one inch gap, and completely rolled this kids ankle from back to front . Kid starts wailing. Dad starts swearing at his son, and others in their group chime in to pile it on the boy. I was just dumbfounded at what I was witnessing. It was all within a few seconds. The way the kids foot rotated I wouldn't be surprised of it was broken. I didn't get a chance to investigate. The Dad takes a quick look at his wailing son clutching his ankle, then just shrugs it off and goes hauling off into the crowd with his kid dangling from his side again. They were gone quick and I was just too surprised to act. Sad shocking situation. I still think about that poor kid.

Dan
I’m a mandated reporter. I definitely would have followed up in this. The poor kid :(

The guy was obnoxious. I understand sometimes it’s necessary to hurry at WDW, there are lots of timed events...but everyone is there to have a good time and don’t have any tolerance for people who think their needs are more important than anyone else’s.

Agreed. Don't care if it is your only time or 60th time at Disney, and whether you are DVC, own half of the property in Texas, or stay off-site. Your needs aren't more important, and the rest of us shouldn't have to cater to your entitled beliefs.

I cant even say how many times over the years kids pushed their way between our tables and windows at restaurants, or at parades. I don't blame the kids but the parents who don't bother to correct them so they know its rude behavior.

Kids climbing over Push the trashcan even kicking him, while hes begging the kids to stop and parents are laughing and taking pics.

Babies screaming at restaurant and parents just continued to enjoy their meal and ignore the poor red face screaming baby, finally I complained and server went over and asked them to try to quiet the baby, mother picked baby up for 5 min then set her back in the high chair and ignore her screaming again.

WOW. That is some of the worst things ive heard about going on at disney! Im aorry you had to witness that. :worried: Whats really annoying is the “steamstrollers” that try to mow down everyone with thwirnatroller that dares try to walk through the parks walkway. I cant stand those kind of people.:furious::furious::furious: Like for goodness sakes be more considerate. But thankfully i don’t experience that kind of behavior every time im there. Infact latly ive found it to seemingly be a problem of the past. Lets hope im right. :crutches: I feel like everyone should be able to enjoy WDW without having to worry about being ran over by inconsiderate parents. As far as people pushing infront at parades and stuff like that, im sorry to say that is still a current problem at the parks :( another thing thats annoying is the people who refuse to move all the way down the row at the theater style attractions:teleport: but thats in my personal opinion not as annoying as the previously mentioned annoyances

I dont know what it is but I always seem to see bad or annoying behavior by people on the shuttles or in restaurants. I am usually not the target but the horrible things some people say really makes me feel really awful for their target and disgusted with the offender. It is hard to deal with and if the behavior happened in Canada I would definitely speak up. I also hate seeing people knocking others about, cutting in front of, not offering their seats to injured or elderly guests.:crutches::confused:

The one that grinds my gears the most is when people are rude to the Cast Members who are just doing their job. I was just about to ride Flight of Passage last week and witnessed a cast member getting reamed out because the guest couldn't fit on the ride vehicle (and TBH, it wasn't even close.) I felt horrible for the poor cast member who was doing her best to diffuse the situation while also being empathetic.

If you're upset that a ride can't accommodate your body, take it up with the imagineers or Joe Rohde. It's not the fault of the cast members trying to make sure everyone is safe and enjoys the attraction. o_O

We were in an absolute mob of humanity to watch HEA on one of the few non-MVMCP nights in MK during out December trip. I'm the kind of person that not only doesn't mind crowds, I actually kind of like them (weirdo...that's what I am) and even I was a bit freaked out by this crowd. We were crammed in cheek-by-jowl, it was pretty warm, and there was NO room to move. These two teenage girls came pushing and shoving their way through. My mother is a tiny little 75-year old woman. I kept her in front of me, and when these little...darlings...came through, they nearly knocked her down. We had befriended some people beside us (hard not to in such close quarters) and they gave those girls a thorough tongue-lashing. The girls just kept going.

Then there was the guy in front of the castle as we were waiting for Mickey's Most Merriest Celebration on MVMCP night. He had no less than a half-dozen bags and other random items that he had spread all around to hold spots for his family. A young lady came and kind of nudged one of his bags out of the way and sat down beside us. He started fussing and she went right back at him.

Then someone vomited right in the middle of where he had all of his stuff spread out. LOL! He left.

We were in an absolute mob of humanity to watch HEA on one of the few non-MVMCP nights in MK during out December trip. I'm the kind of person that not only doesn't mind crowds, I actually kind of like them (weirdo...that's what I am) and even I was a bit freaked out by this crowd. We were crammed in cheek-by-jowl, it was pretty warm, and there was NO room to move. These two teenage girls came pushing and shoving their way through. My mother is a tiny little 75-year old woman. I kept her in front of me, and when these little...darlings...came through, they nearly knocked her down. We had befriended some people beside us (hard not to in such close quarters) and they gave those girls a thorough tongue-lashing. The girls just kept going.

Then there was the guy in front of the castle as we were waiting for Mickey's Most Merriest Celebration on MVMCP night. He had no less than a half-dozen bags and other random items that he had spread all around to hold spots for his family. A young lady came and kind of nudged one of his bags out of the way and sat down beside us. He started fussing and she went right back at him.

Then someone vomited right in the middle of where he had all of his stuff spread out. LOL! He left.
I just can’t stand being in the middle of a huge crowd like that anymore. We used to enjoy watching the fireworks close up and watching Spectromagic.

We now view the fireworks from our resort or restaurants. No more up close and personal with complete strangers. No more being pushed along by the crowds to exit the parks. No more standing in long transportation lines to return to our resort at night.

I’d rather pay for deluxe and watch from afar in comfort.

I just can’t stand being in the middle of a huge crowd like that anymore. We used to enjoy watching the fireworks close up and watching Spectromagic.

We now view the fireworks from our resort or restaurants. No more up close and personal with complete strangers. No more being pushed along by the crowds to exit the parks. No more standing in long transportation lines to return to our resort at night.

Same for us. Fighting the exit crowds, fighting for a spot to watch etc. etc. We booked the Contemporary Theme Park View last year and it was perfect for fireworks. We are doing the same this coming September. Nothing beats watching the fireworks from our balcony with a nice ice cold adult beverage in hand and our girls with their snacks.

oh yes I cannot stand the crowds during fire works. I hated leaving the park during HEA. the cm's will not let you exit! they would push us around and make us go in a circle. I can also remember watching HEA when it had just started, we had no seats so we watched them standing up, well a cm was peeved as could be and pointed to a circle all taped up and said we stand in the circle along w other people. well we stood in the circle and my dad's heel was just and inch over the line and the cm yelled at my dad for having his foot outside the circle. It was actually quite funny, she was so strict about it:D

The one that grinds my gears the most is when people are rude to the Cast Members who are just doing their job. I was just about to ride Flight of Passage last week and witnessed a cast member getting reamed out because the guest couldn't fit on the ride vehicle (and TBH, it wasn't even close.) I felt horrible for the poor cast member who was doing her best to diffuse the situation while also being empathetic.

If you're upset that a ride can't accommodate your body, take it up with the imagineers or Joe Rohde. It's not the fault of the cast members trying to make sure everyone is safe and enjoys the attraction. o_O

oh my goodness, I hope to never witness an overweight person take it out on the cm's because they can't go on the rides! I mean 1. if they did go on the ride, they could die and get injured becuase it doesn't hold them 2. it isn't there fault that these people couldn't control their weight.

Although some cm's area annoying, I sometimes feel like cm's don't get credit for dealing or helping with overweight people, I mean those people are sometimes quite cranky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter