Annual dues via Disney gift cards

What is the benefit of paying with gift cards?

If you purchase gift cards from Target using their credit card, you receive a 5% discount. Also, several grocery chains offer bonus “fuel points” when purchasing gift cards. This is my personal favorite because I get 6% for a “grocery purchase” from my credit card, and then when Kroger has its 4x fuel points, every $250 in gift cards earns me a discount of $1/gallon of gas...approximately $20 for me. There are other ways to save when purchasing gift cards, I’m sure.

If you purchase gift cards from Target using their credit card, you receive a 5% discount. Also, several grocery chains offer bonus “fuel points” when purchasing gift cards. This is my personal favorite because I get 6% for a “grocery purchase” from my credit card, and then when Kroger has its 4x fuel points, every $250 in gift cards earns me a discount of $1/gallon of gas...approximately $20 for me. There are other ways to save when purchasing gift cards, I’m sure.

Thank you for the explanation. Right now the only way I hack these kinds of payments is using my Marriott Bonvoy card, but I want to look into the best possible hacks.

And that discount does vary between the different card amounts and at different times of the year.
Yeah and if you start buying they put you on an email exclusive list for steeper discounts when ordering 2500 or above. I just ordered for 8% off plus another 2% off with my credit card.

I finally took advantage of buying discounted gift cards to pay off the fees, and I am happy. Should have listened to everyone who have done it for years!
I used to be happy with just the Disney credit card reward. This year I saved 5%. 2% from the credit card and 3% discounted gift cards.

If I purchase a gift card from our local grocery store I save 6% coupled with 5% cash back from our credit card = a minimum of 11% savings. However 3-4 times a year our grocery store offers double perks(we buy most of our gift cards during these periods), so we typically save %17.

As others have said, getting 4x fuel points is a great way to save on gift cards. I try to buy mine with my Chase Freedom when groceries purchases get 5% cashback. With the 4x fuel points plus the 5% cashback, I save 19%. If I can't get 5%, I use my Bank of America card to get 2% cashback and save 16% total.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter