Annual Gold Pass Discontinued??

Jiminy76

Mouseketeer
I noticed today in MDE it is allowing me to renew my annual pass which is to expire on 7/18, but should eventually be extended. I started to click through just to see the renewal options and price and it is stating the “Disney Gold Pass is no longer sold. Please select a new pass to continue” and the only options I have are the 2 Platinum pass options. I’m not sure if it’s an IT issue or a sign of things to come. Anybody else close to their expiration date? What are you seeing if you click through to see the renewal options?0800E69E-835C-477E-BBE3-7D5BEF37C9F6.jpeg

It’s there, I was just on the dvc website. I did have to click the spot where it said florida residents and dvc members login here. I made a screenshot

Attachments

• EF06FF4B-33A8-4706-9041-83DFF2AFB89E.png
    EF06FF4B-33A8-4706-9041-83DFF2AFB89E.png
    156.1 KB · Views: 87
I noticed today in MDE it is allowing me to renew my annual pass which is to expire on 7/18, but should eventually be extended. I started to click through just to see the renewal options and price and it is stating the “Disney Gold Pass is no longer sold. Please select a new pass to continue” and the only options I have are the 2 Platinum pass options. I’m not sure if it’s an IT issue or a sign of things to come. Anybody else close to their expiration date? What are you seeing if you click through to see the renewal options?

I just hung up with the VIPassholder line. I was told that I couldn't renew or purchase a new DVC AP until the system is back up for ticket sales. Long story short, I was DVC gold (expired in January) and renewed to Platinum because I HAD an April trip planned during blackout dates. I wanted to downgrade it to the gold because I didn't go in April. She said all she could do at the moment was cancel it and refund me. So, it might be down because of the pause on sales.

I can't renew because technically my pass expired April 27th while everything was closed. I am wondering if I have to call and speak to someone, but I am not sure who.

It’s there, I was just on the dvc website. I did have to click the spot where it said florida residents and dvc members login here. I made a screenshot

I can't renew because technically my pass expired April 27th while everything was closed. I am wondering if I have to call and speak to someone, but I am not sure who.

if it’s dvc, you need to call dvc to renew.

My gold pass expired 4/29. I’ve been debating whether to renew or take the credit. My next trip isn’t scheduled until November. When all this reservation talk started yesterday, I decided to go ahead and renew. After about 20 busy signals, I got in the queue. After an hour on hold, the CM tells me the ticket system is locked down. He said I will be able to renew after the extension is applied. I’ve heard other people say you have to renew to get the extension, which I don’t think is fair. They owe me 6 weeks or 4 weeks if you don’t count the blackout. We’ll see what happens.

Same boat kind of. Was on the phone for hours, but they can't renew right now.

I’ve heard other people say you have to renew to get the extension,
Points for creativity on that one! :laughing:

As for OP's question, as has already been stated you have to call (when the ticketing system is online) to renew.

I had already bought kids and I Gold Passes for upcoming trip but not my wife because she wasn’t going until Sept.

I was just able to purchase her a Gold Pass.

@ziravan Did you purchase on the website? We're going in November with plans to go again in May. We were planning to buy Gold passes but hadn't done it yet with everything going on. Now I'm wondering if I should bite the bullet and buy now to be safe, if it's possible. I'm getting anxious about everything. Our November trip points will expire so we're planning on going even if it's with really limited park time.

Last edited:
@ziravan Did you purchase on the DVC website? We're going in November with plans to go again in May. We were planning to buy Gold passes but hadn't done it yet with everything going on.
The AP purchase link on the DVC website points to the regular Disney World website.

us also-have a trip planned for 8/15-23 that used 2018 banked points and some 2019 points-we have a Dec use year so we are messed up also -have a feeling if I cancel I will lose over 300 points so will bite the bullet and buy AP to use whenever and we will probably go anyway -hubby is steaming and refuses to basically stay in room-Trying to call DVC now is almost as bad as trying to call Unemployment here in NJ

@wdwaholic I've been trying to get ahold of them as well, and busy signal so not really hopeful for getting through soon.

We have Dec UY and just bought in the Fall, what a time to be a new member! We don't want to lose the 2018 points but I'm torn. Our kids are 3 and 2 and I just read the mask requirement has been lowered to start at age 2. I'm happy to wear masks and was hopeful we could work on my older son, but my youngest just turned 2 this month. I'm not sure I'll realistically be able to get them both to tolerate the masks for extended amounts of time. Between that and now wondering if we'll even be able to get tickets and a park reservation, I'm having moments where I'm ready to just toss in the towel on November.

@wdwaholic I've been trying to get ahold of them as well, and busy signal so not really hopeful for getting through soon.

We have Dec UY and just bought in the Fall, what a time to be a new member! We don't want to lose the 2018 points but I'm torn. Our kids are 3 and 2 and I just read the mask requirement has been lowered to start at age 2. I'm happy to wear masks and was hopeful we could work on my older son, but my youngest just turned 2 this month. I'm not sure I'll realistically be able to get them both to tolerate the masks for extended amounts of time. Between that and now wondering if we'll even be able to get tickets and a park reservation, I'm having moments where I'm ready to just toss in the towel on November.
I just bought 2 "gaiter' type masks that you can wet and wring out-very stretchy and liteweight so we will bring them along with Disney masks I ordered from the Disney store so maybe these may help the kiddos -am also bringing the blue hospital type masks also-my girlfriend is also making us cottony masks with a slit in them for straws-thank goodness we are driving because I'll be packing a whole new set of things (sanitizers ,wipes, lysol sprays :-)

@ziravan Did you purchase on the website? We're going in November with plans to go again in May. We were planning to buy Gold passes but hadn't done it yet with everything going on. Now I'm wondering if I should bite the bullet and buy now to be safe, if it's possible. I'm getting anxious about everything. Our November trip points will expire so we're planning on going even if it's with really limited park time.
I bought it on WDW website and linked it to MDE without difficulty

There are a lot of strange things going on that aren’t being discussed by Disney! I looked at park hours for Oct and Nov while oct line up with what we have been told Nov has no hours all show unavailable even though the calendar goes into the first week of December? Maybe it’s a glitch or a hint at when they intend to review and update things?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter