Annual Pass discount question

csmom

DIS Veteran
i plan to purchase an annual pass voucher prior to my 3/2018 trip, then activate it when I arrive in March, so that it will be good until March 2019, for a trip in February 2019. I plan to book room for March when discounts for that time period are released. (Hopefully later this month?) If an annual pass discount for my dates is released later, and I want to change my reservation to one with the annual pass discount, would I already have to have purchased the annual pass voucher prior to booking with the annual pass discount? Would the voucher have to be activated prior to the booking? When I arrive at the hotel, do they ask to see the annual pass at that point? If so, would the voucher suffice if I haven't actually gone to guest services to activate yet?

i plan to purchase an annual pass voucher prior to my 3/2018 trip, then activate it when I arrive in March, so that it will be good until March 2019, for a trip in February 2019. I plan to book room for March when discounts for that time period are released. (Hopefully later this month?) If an annual pass discount for my dates is released later, and I want to change my reservation to one with the annual pass discount, would I already have to have purchased the annual pass voucher prior to booking with the annual pass discount? Would the voucher have to be activated prior to the booking? When I arrive at the hotel, do they ask to see the annual pass at that point? If so, would the voucher suffice if I haven't actually gone to guest services to activate yet?

You can apply an annual pass discount to an existing reservation if there is availability with that discount. You could also book a new AP discounted room. You don't need to have purchased the AP at the time of booking, but you will need to show it when you check in. I think you have 24 hours to activate the AP after check in for the discount. :)

The voucher for a new AP can only be activated at a ticket booth or guest services at a park, or at Disney Springs. They need to see a photo ID before they issue it. Be sure to ask for the AP hard card, too. You will need it when using the discount for food and merchandise. :)

I have an unused 5 day base pass purchased a few years from UT. I would like to know if I can upgrade it to an AP. If so, can I do it by phone or does it have to be used to enter park and activated first in order to get full credit for its value deducted from new AP.

I have an unused 5 day base pass purchased a few years from UT. I would like to know if I can upgrade it to an AP. If so, can I do it by phone or does it have to be used to enter park and activated first in order to get full credit for its value deducted from new AP.

You have to go to a ticket booth or guest relations window for annual passes, whether it is an upgrade or a purchase. I don't think that you have to enter a park in order to upgrade your 5 day ticket. That used to be the procedure but they changed the price bridging rules last fall. But in order to be sure, then you should check out this thread.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/all-about-tickets-at-wdw.3570721/

https://www.disboards.com/threads/all-about-tickets-at-wdw.3570721/
:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter