Annual Pass Purchase Question

Based in what I am reading, I believe that all DVC members are eligible for TIW as the WDW site states you need to produce ID and either membership ID number or card

In my experience, they have to key in the member number when activating the AP or swipe the card. That verifies current membership.

Based in what I am reading, I believe that all DVC members are eligible for TIW as the WDW site states you need to produce ID and either membership ID number or card
Unfortunately, this turns out not to be true (at least according to one CM). I did on online chat with Member Services to specifically ask if TiW is a Membership Benefit that requires a Blue Card. While it took a while for the person to look it up, the response I got was that it is a Membership Benefit that requires a Blue Card. Who knows what might happen when you try to purchase, but this is one data point to consider.

Unfortunately, this turns out not to be true (at least according to one CM). I did on online chat with Member Services to specifically ask if TiW is a Membership Benefit that requires a Blue Card. While it took a while for the person to look it up, the response I got was that it is a Membership Benefit that requires a Blue Card. Who knows what might happen when you try to purchase, but this is one data point to consider.

Oh, wow. When I read that it said card or membership number I figured it was indicating it applied to all.

When we purchased ours over the summer, we were told at guest services that in order to purchase TIW, you need to be a DVC blue card member, a Florida resident, or an annual passholder (not necessarily a DVC annual pass holder).

It’s a way to buy an AP now, and save it for down the road, Think of it as a way to buy today’s prices for tomorrow.
Is this still doable? I am wondering, IF another deal like the "PPAP for the price of Gold" comes out again, whether it is worth stocking up on a few, or whether it still ends up being a better cost savings to use the DVC AP renewal price.

Is this still doable? I am wondering, IF another deal like the "PPAP for the price of Gold" comes out again, whether it is worth stocking up on a few, or whether it still ends up being a better cost savings to use the DVC AP renewal price.

If the deal has a use by date, then activating after that date won’t get you the deal, but you’d still get the value of the ticket,

For example, if the deal was getting a Premium AP for price of Gold, you’d only be able to get that deal if activated during window, If outside thst window, your get the value of What you paid toward the premium pass

Typical vouchers that you purchase for a certain type can be activated as they don’t hsve specific use by dates that aren’t way far off,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter