Annual Pass Questions

Princess Michele

DIS Veteran
My daughter will be working in Orlando for her spring semester beginning next week. She wants to get an annual pass to Universal Studios when she arrives next week. Is the main entrance to one of the parks the best place to go to purchase her pass? Can you purchase passes at the on-site hotels as well? If there is more than one place where is the best/easiest place to purchase an annual pass on site? It seems crazy to pay $20 for parking when we will only be there to purchase one pass.

I see on the website that the self parking is free after 6:00pm. If we wanted to go after 6:00pm what is the latest that we could go to purchase an annual pass?

If my daughter purchases a 2 park preferred pass could she upgrade it to a 3 park preferred pass later? Also could she upgrade a preferred pass to a premier pass at a later date?

Thank you for any guidance.

She can purchase it online and then just activate it when she goes to the park for the first time. Yes, she can upgrade as long as you don't use the payment plan.

Passes can also be purchased at any of the hotels.

There is a guest services booth in Citywalk that can also be used.

I did not realize that you could not upgrade the APs that you pay by the month. Did they tell you at the ticket window? How do you know?

She can purchase it online and then just activate it when she goes to the park for the first time. Yes, she can upgrade as long as you don't use the payment plan.

Passes can also be purchased at any of the hotels.

There is a guest services booth in Citywalk that can also be used.

I did not realize that you could not upgrade the APs that you pay by the month. Did they tell you at the ticket window? How do you know?

People have reported on this board that in order to upgrade, they had to pay off their existing balance to fulfil the contract. Perhaps that has changed recently but that used to be how it worked.

Universal annual passes are sold at Publix supermarkets. You still need to exchange the voucher for the actual pass. I would recommend to buy it online.

People have reported on this board that in order to upgrade, they had to pay off their existing balance to fulfil the contract. Perhaps that has changed recently but that used to be how it worked.
I just called because I am buying passes tomorrow and hope to upgrade in April to the next level of pass. I am doing the basic one where you pay about $17 per month per pass. it is called a Power pass. The guy I spoke ti at Universal said i could pay the difference and upgrade anytime. Hope this helps :)

I just called because I am buying passes tomorrow and hope to upgrade in April to the next level of pass. I am doing the basic one where you pay about $17 per month per pass. it is called a Power pass. The guy I spoke ti at Universal said i could pay the difference and upgrade anytime. Hope this helps :)

Keep us updated when you do it so we can make sure to give out that current information the next time the question is raised.

At one point, someone reported that they were charged a fee to break the contract and upgrade before their year was out.

Well, i called three times the other day and three different answers from three different people. i just went ahead and got the more expensive version [with no block out dates] that I was considering upgrading to later. It is just easier for my piece of mind. I don't want to drive back to Florida in April during a block out date and not be able to use my AP or be charged a huge fee to upgrade. Sometimes I will their staff was more well informed :|

You can upgrade anytime. And you pay the difference at the time of upgrade between what you have and what you want. Payment plan is finished if you upgrade.

Well, i called three times the other day and three different answers from three different people. i just went ahead and got the more expensive version [with no block out dates] that I was considering upgrading to later. It is just easier for my piece of mind. I don't want to drive back to Florida in April during a block out date and not be able to use my AP or be charged a huge fee to upgrade. Sometimes I will their staff was more well informed :|

You would be able to upgrade and there would be no *fee*, just the cost of what you want minus what you have.

This stopped my cousin from upgrading and for the life of me I can’t figure out why. They were going often and paying parking every time. If they had figured out how often they wanted to go and then didn’t go but saved up the parking costs each time they would have had it in a few months. Then they could have upgraded and life would have been grand.

My daughter will be working in Orlando for her spring semester beginning next week. She wants to get an annual pass to Universal Studios when she arrives next week. Is the main entrance to one of the parks the best place to go to purchase her pass? Can you purchase passes at the on-site hotels as well? If there is more than one place where is the best/easiest place to purchase an annual pass on site? It seems crazy to pay $20 for parking when we will only be there to purchase one pass.

Couldn’t tell if you were a Florida resident or not , but if you are a Florida resident you get a discount on the annual passes. There were some deals out there for a while that you got and extra 3 months added to your 12 month pass for a total of 15 months. That was a sweet deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter