Annual Pass reimbursement worth it?

Our passes expire the end of October. They were to be used in March, April, and October this year. March and April were canceled by Disney being closed. Those trips were rescheduled for July, which looks questionable for us due to work resuming back on campus. At this point we're considering getting the money back and applying the amount to new passes (even though it will probably be a drop in a bucket). But when looking at the cost of 6 passes, anything helps.

Do I have to call with a decision BEFORE my pass expires? Mine is due to expire April 28th. I assume if they opened June1, I have approx 45 days to use it. Or if I call I can get approx $100 back?

Do I have to call with a decision BEFORE my pass expires? Mine is due to expire April 28th. I assume if they opened June1, I have approx 45 days to use it. Or if I call I can get approx $100 back?
Unknown.

That's a q I'm looking for more data points on. It seems people who call before their pass expires have been able to select what they want. But, we had someone who called after their pass expired at end of March who was told on 2 different calls they get nothing because their pass has expired. No extension unless they paid to renew. Finally fought their way through multiple people on their second call to a supervisor who kind of agreed they should get a refund for the last 9 days of their pass but passed them along to someone else and the AP holder still doesn't know if they'll actually get the refund.

I'm in that bucket with a pass that expired in March but I don't want to delve down that hole of darkness yet lol. I've got enough I'm stressed out about right now, I'm going to wait to fight with Disney about this mess until they've announced re-opening plans.

I'm watching for an answer too. My husband’s pass expires April 28

I am on the phone with Disney AP right now. My AP expired March 25th and we had a trip planned up to this point which was cancelled and we lost all of our DVC points since they expired March 31st. Now the AP cast members are saying we will not be extended unless we renew our AP's.
Have you called DVC about the points? They have been great in the past for me, depending on the situation.

I am on the phone with Disney AP right now. My AP expired March 25th and we had a trip planned up to this point which was cancelled and we lost all of our DVC points since they expired March 31st. Now the AP cast members are saying we will not be extended unless we renew our AP's.
Check your email, they just sent one stating they are extending the Apr and June use year points by one year!

Any update @PolyAddict ? My pass expired in 27th April, now reading through this thread about people saying Disney are not giving you the option to extend or cancel and get refund if your expiry has passed, I'm more stressed out now!
I'm weighing up cost difference of refund vs renewal discount and I think the renewal discount wins but no idea how Disney are calculating the refund amounts 🤷‍♀️

Any update @PolyAddict ? My pass expired in 27th April, now reading through this thread about people saying Disney are not giving you the option to extend or cancel and get refund if your expiry has passed, I'm more stressed out now!
I'm weighing up cost difference of refund vs renewal discount and I think the renewal discount wins but no idea how Disney are calculating the refund amounts 🤷‍♀️
I called today and was told my current pass would be extended the total time the park is closed, not up to the expiration date. I didn't really ask about a dollar amount or renewing because I booked for June and just wanted to get another trip out of my pass. Today was the last day on my pass.

I just called and started the process to get a refund. It wasn’t too painful, but as mentioned, the CM doesn’t know the calculations at all, she said that’s all done in refund office 🤷‍♀️. She just sent my info and my husband’s info to their accounting office. She said the refund would be credited to the original form of payment and we would receive an email when it’s processed. I also got a refund for my husbands renewal certificate (Not sure when I’ll see the refund). His pass expires today. We had a 2 week April trip, 1 week June, and a 2 week September trip. None of these trips are happening. I wasn’t going to activate the renewal and not use it until 2021...which the CM suggested I do. I’ll wait until I know we’re going and start with a new pass. Now I need to cancel my next trip Reservation. This is getting old. Im waiting until June to cancel my September cruises.

I called to get a refund for my Disneyland Annual Pass. I have a Deluxe pass (expires in June) and I believe most of the days they would extend me into the summer would be block out dates so it seemed like an easy decision.

I still haven't decided what to do with my Disney World Premier Annual Pass which expires just before Christmas. If they extended it, it would cover another Christmas and New Years and my birthday (but, I don't have any accomodations reserved for any of those time frames--and I'm not certain if it would be a good idea to go to WDW any time soon). Is there a deadline as to when you have to call them and ask for a refund?

I called to get a refund for my Disneyland Annual Pass. I have a Deluxe pass (expires in June) and I believe most of the days they would extend me into the summer would be block out dates so it seemed like an easy decision.

I still haven't decided what to do with my Disney World Premier Annual Pass which expires just before Christmas. If they extended it, it would cover another Christmas and New Years and my birthday (but, I don't have any accomodations reserved for any of those time frames--and I'm not certain if it would be a good idea to go to WDW any time soon). Is there a deadline as to when you have to call them and ask for a refund?

I thought once the parks open they will automatically extend everyone’s pass so I’m guessing you might need to request the refund prior....though that's my interpretation of what’s I've read.

No deadline announced yet. The cm my mom spoke to said she thought a deadline would be announced when the re-open date is announced, and the deadline will be before the re-open date. If you are paid in full then the pass will be automatically extended. If you are on the payment plan, they stopped taking payments until they reopen and your date will not change. In either case, if you want the other option you have to call.

My passes expire June 27. I have the Platinum Plus Pass (out of state/no discount). Any idea how much of a refund I might be looking at?

My passes expire June 27. I have the Platinum Plus Pass (out of state/no discount). Any idea how much of a refund I might be looking at?

they wont tell you, or can’t. When you talk to a cm, all they do is take your info and send it to accounting to process the refund. So it seems you have to decide without all the facts. We are taking the refund because we are done for 2020

Do you get the refund for the days the Park was closed, (and keep the same pass expiration date), or get the refund for the remaining time on your pass (and pass cancelled)?

Do you get the refund for the days the Park was closed, (and keep the same pass expiration date), or get the refund for the remaining time on your pass (and pass cancelled)?

our passes expire during the closure....my husbands pass expired April 28, so asked to reimbursed for the closed period from March 16 to April 28. My pass expires June 3, so March 16 to June 3. We don’t plan to return until January 2021 and will start new.

I called the other day. The guy said it was a choice between a refund for the unused portion of your annual pass, or do nothing right now and the pass would automatically be extended for the amount of time the parks were closed. He also stressed that refunds would be given even after their expiration date, so there was no need to make a decision right away. He also said this is what they had to offer "at this time" and there might be something different in the future. I elected to hold off on a decision. At this rate, if the parks don't open for another few months, we have some time to see if they come up with a different offer.

I called the other day. The guy said it was a choice between a refund for the unused portion of your annual pass, or do nothing right now and the pass would automatically be extended for the amount of time the parks were closed. He also stressed that refunds would be given even after their expiration date, so there was no need to make a decision right away. He also said this is what they had to offer "at this time" and there might be something different in the future. I elected to hold off on a decision. At this rate, if the parks don't open for another few months, we have some time to see if they come up with a different offer.
Not sure what you mean by the highlighted! So, if an annual pass expires in October, then you will get a refund from March until October? I really don't think that is true. I think what they said initially is the refund is for the number of days Disney has been closed, so if it is 3 months (March until June), then the refund is for 3 months and the pass still expires in October.

Last edited:
I'm still waiting for my monthly payment refund. Been a month and a half and still nothing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter