Annual pass voucher

kenny

DIS Veteran
I have the AP voucher linked to MDE. can I activate this at the front desk or do I have to go to guest services?

I have an AP rate at Coronado and you need to show AP at checkin

Thx

I have the AP voucher linked to MDE. can I activate this at the front desk or do I have to go to guest services?
Unless something has changed recently, the resorts are unable to process AP activations. You will need to go to either a Park Ticket Window or Guest Relations Location.

I have an AP rate at Coronado and you need to show AP at checkin
If they actually ask at check-in and you have not yet activated the AP, they should allow you 24 hours to activate and return to the front desk.

Ugh That is what I was afraid of. It is a 1 night stay and we won't get to resort until close to midnight.

You have to go to Guest Services to activate the Annual Pass. They will also give you the card. It doesn't take very long. In April, it took my wife and I under 10 minutes for both of us and getting a TIW card.
You can use any Guest Services at the entrance of a park or at DS.

Ugh That is what I was afraid of. It is a 1 night stay and we won't get to resort until close to midnight.
It doesn't take very long. They are able to do it before park opening too so get there early and do it before you head in.

I am by no means an authority on the subject and when we got our AP's we did not have a voucher. We had booked a week at POFQ with Park Hoppers for the week. When we got to the resort we went to the front desk and they were able to sell us AP's and credit what we had paid for the PH tickets against the cost of the AP's. We just paid the difference. At that time we were issued our AP cards given the book full of discount locations and they activated the AP's. We went straight from there to our room dropped off a couple of things and went to MK where we used our Magic Bands to access the park with our new AP's that were linked.

So, the point of my story? Call the resort and ask. Who knows till you try. Our cases may be different and not applicable, but we did what I described above and my Son and Daughter in law did the same thing 7 months later after I had been told here that it could not be done. I am always the what the heck ask because you never know sort of guy though.

I've never been asked to show my AP at the front desk when using the AP discount. If they do ask, just tell them you haven't activated it yet and it will be o.k. If you are only staying for one night, they probably won't even say anything. If you do on line check in, there is a good chance you will get your room number texted to you and you won't even have to go to the front desk. They only do this if you have a credit card # in your MDE though so make sure you do that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter