Annual Passholder Magic Band Slider 2018

TwoOldPoohs

Mouseketeer
We renewed our APs for 2018 in December, and we received the same orange slider we received for 2017. Does anyone know if there is a new color for 2018? Thanks!

This has been a huge pet peeve of mine. The generic orange slider has been in use since 2016. I get that there is a cost savings to using the same slider year after year but as much as APs cost, you would think they could throw us this one little bone, I have written to guest relations to complain but I guess my complaint has gone unheard. Maybe if enough of us say something, they will bring back sliders with a different color and year on them.

This has been a huge pet peeve of mine. The generic orange slider has been in use since 2016. I get that there is a cost savings to using the same slider year after year but as much as APs cost, you would think they could throw us this one little bone, I have written to guest relations to complain but I guess my complaint has gone unheard. Maybe if enough of us say something, they will bring back sliders with a different color and year on them.

Of the few things they have offered AP's I think it is universally agreed that the sliders and car magnets were the favorites. Seems like a small thing to make people happy. I don't see as much love for the other things offered. I know everyone thought the Remy buttons for Food and wine were a huge downgrade over the glass tumbler and mini glasses from the prior years but even then I did not hear a lot of "got to have those" kind of posts. Everyone wants the sliders and the magnets.

Maybe they'll listen to us complain and for 2019 they'll be blue,and blue again for 2020 and blue for 2021 as well.This doesn't really annoy me much but what does is we were getting 20% off at some CS places and now its not even 10%,no discount at all.I mean I live right by the parks and I love the parks so my AP is going nowhere but I have family members who decided not to renew their passes,for as much as these passes cost they should be doing all they can to hold on to their pass holders,things like the cheap buttons during F&W,having absolutely no discounts at CS places where they had 20% off two months ago arent helping.My family members will likely get their passes again when new attractions start opening up but then again if it becomes a zoo crowded they may just hold off again.Their last visit in October they came to see Pandora and at least they got to see the Navi boat ride but FPs for FoP were impossible as was the 3 hour wait,they just didnt have the time so they missed it,something else to see if they get the pass again in 2019/2020.

Last edited:

I didn't realize the orange ones were used in 2016. We had green ones in 2015 but did not have AP's in 2016.

What I would like to see is increasing the AP fastpass window to 60 days so we have a chance to get fps for some of the more popular attractions. I've been on Flight of Passage once, and that was during the passholder preview. I guess I might be able to ride it again when Star Wars opens and those fps become the most difficult to get. I have not yet been on Frozen. The one time I rode 7 Dwarfs was when I stayed on-site. I live 30 minutes away from the parks now, so it's not likely that I will be staying on-site again.

I guess I don't see it as something to get annoyed over.
I'm happy to get the slider. Why would I need a year on it? Or a different color? Can't I just use them all, if you are so worried about showing someone you are repeat AP holders?
I'm thinking there are not enough that see this as something negative to complain about

For 2014 and 2015 the annual passholder sliders were different colors AND said "Passholder 2014" and "Passholder 2015" on them, the most recent were the orange one that just say "Passholder

Is was a real dissapointment they stop putting the year!

Not a big deal to me and with as crowded as that place is I don't think they care if this or lack of discounts causes people not to renew.

I only ever got an AP slider one time, quite a while ago. It doesn't do anything for me either way.

Maybe they'll listen to us complain and for 2019 they'll be blue,and blue again for 2020 and blue for 2021 as well.This doesn't really annoy me much but what does is we were getting 20% off at some CS places and now its not even 10%,no discount at all.I mean I live right by the parks and I love the parks so my AP is going nowhere but I have family members who decided not to renew their passes,for as much as these passes cost they should be doing all they can to hold on to their pass holders,things like the cheap buttons during F&W,having absolutely no discounts at CS places where they had 20% off two months ago arent helping.My family members will likely get their passes again when new attractions start opening up but then again if it becomes a zoo crowded they may just hold off again.Their last visit in October they came to see Pandora and at least they got to see the Navi boat ride but FPs for FoP were impossible as was the 3 hour wait,they just didnt have the time so they missed it,something else to see if they get the pass again in 2019/2020.
But what some folks seem to fail to understand is that 20% was a bonus for the 45th anniversary year. Just like the extra month of renewal. It wasn't something that was ever going to stick around. Are we supposed to be mad they didn't keep the anniversary extras?

There are quite a few things that I would like to see them offer to AP holders but the slider or the AP bonus for the Anniversary year only aren't 2 I'll complain about.

But what some folks seem to fail to understand is that 20% was a bonus for the 45th anniversary year. Just like the extra month of renewal. It wasn't something that was ever going to stick around. Are we supposed to be mad they didn't keep the anniversary extras?

There are quite a few things that I would like to see them offer to AP holders but the slider or the AP bonus for the Anniversary year only aren't 2 I'll complain about.
I was in WDW earlier this month and some of the places you got the anniversary discount don't even have 10% off now. I was told at POFQ and DeLuxe Burger that the discount buttons had been removed from the register.

I only ever got an AP slider one time, quite a while ago. It doesn't do anything for me either way.
Which is another point, many didn't get them period, much less get them every year. So most aren't going to complain they get several of the same when they never got them in the first place.

One other noteworthy item, am I the only one who have found the sliders to be a nuisance? I keep snagging it on things. It's come close to ripping my band off more than once

One other noteworthy item, am I the only one who have found the sliders to be a nuisance? I keep snagging it on things. It's come close to ripping my band off more than once
Now you've reminded me why I didn't hold onto the one I had!

I was in WDW earlier this month and some of the places you got the anniversary discount don't even have 10% off now. I was told at POFQ and DeLuxe Burger that the discount buttons had been removed from the register.
Right, that's my point. The QS locations were part of the anniversary discount. QS is usually not included period (except for very few). Anything added or changed for the Anniversary year are gone. Except I think the merchandise discount stayed at 20%, didn't it? I may be wrong but seems like it was less before

Right, that's my point. The QS locations were part of the anniversary discount. QS is usually not included period (except for very few). Anything added or changed for the Anniversary year are gone. Except I think the merchandise discount stayed at 20%, didn't it? I may be wrong but seems like it was less before
I don't know about the merchandise discount. I'm pretty sure the only items I bought this trip were from Mitsukoshi, which, as far as I know, have never participated in AP discounts.

I just see like a 10% discount at a CS place as the bare minimum they should be offering pass holders,straight up no discount seems wrong.I mean I paid $79 at Sea World for the 2017 pass holder dining plan in the middle of Dec 2016 and got a daily meal through Dec 31,2017,that's $79 for up to like 380 meals,entree,dessert and drink each time.They didn't offer it for 2018 but a deal like that will make any other deal seem worthless.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter