Another family of 5 question...

I haven't quite figured out quoting yet,
Select the text you want to quote, and right click to choose "+Quote" and then later, choose "Insert quotes." Everything you've saved as a quote but haven't quoted yet comes up. :)

Don’t worry.....You will get addonitis like the rest of us and wind up with more than one contract!!!
<--truth.

We put it up to a family vote whether to stay less time in a bigger room or more days in a studio and the studio wins every time!
<-- truth. Except my DH, (who is the worst kind, because he's high maintenance who thinks he's low maintenance) decided he wants 1BRs instead of studios to get the separation from the kids. But then when I'm looking at points, I find it hard to spend 2x as much to have the kids sleeping in the living room. We stayed in a LV when we rented points at BLT, but last trip and next trip, we are in a 1BR std and a 2BR std, respectively. I'd rather lose a little view and get more time. You should be ok getting standard as long as you book close to 11 months, and 1BR are usually easier to get than studios or 2BR.

@Cindyel, we also love VGF, but not only are points very expensive there (and you need VGF points to book studios there), but they also cost more points too. It's understandable, but still I get very stingy about my points, especially during Premier Season. So high maintenance DH is staying in a VGF studio the next two times we are planning to go. Then after that, we'll see when we can swing a 1BR stay. LOL.
(e.g. a VGF std 1BR costs almost as much in points as a BLT std 2BR (that sleeps 9 and has 3 full baths)).

I haven't quite figured out quoting yet, but the pool and the BCV popularity down the road were my husbands major pros for buying there. And we have stayed at BC, but not the villas, and it was an adults only trip so way different experience at the pool! After reading him the post above (really need to figure out quotes haha!), which basically listed all of my pros and cons for the options, I think I've finally swayed him. The suggestion of a second contract down the road is really helpful. Right now, we primarily go to MK and those resorts nearby so I feel a MK resort makes more sense. Adults only trips or trips when the kids are older and more into HS and EP would be great at BCV, and we can look into a second contract there then.

We've also finally come to accept that BLT does make the most financial sense (thanks for helping with that realization everyone haha!). Booking there at 11 months, are standard view 1 bedrooms still tough to get and we should plan on lake? We had requested outer C last time, but got inner C. Bad luck or is outer C tough to get too? For the number of points we need and the time of year we usually will end up traveling (June), the initial cost of a contract is about the same as a BRV with enough points for a 2 bedroom. I'm now trying to convince myself that the longer contract and lower dues make it worth it.

And my apologies! I know I'm going around and around...I'm driving myself crazy!

You have another thing going for you - that your travel dates are usually in June. There's usually options to switch to during that month so it's unlikely you'd always end up at BLT - in fact you probably wouldn't ever have to if you didn't really want to stay there. But you would have a good 1BR already booked that would sleep all 5 if you did decide to do that or if booking patterns take a twist and it becomes a much more popular time for DVC travel.

Standard views at BLT are the most difficult to book - even at slower times so it's not bad to plan on lakeview category in your purchase. Regarding outside or inside C that's just a request unless you book MK view. That will guarantee the ouside C.

Select the text you want to quote, and right click to choose "+Quote" and then later, choose "Insert quotes." Everything you've saved as a quote but haven't quoted yet comes up. :)

Thanks!!

I’d prefer more space but am ok squishing for the sake of saving money/points! My husband, not so much haha. VGF would be fabulous but definitely out of range right now. Same with the two studio option at Polynesian. We are looking at either going one more round renting and trying out BCV with the kids next year to definitely rule it in or out, or using that money towards buying in this year, most likely BLT after all that we’ve learned. This has been hugely helpful so thank you all again!

I'd probably rent and stay at AKV then decide. The amount lost renting will be small compared to the benefit and/or potential savings of making a better decision.

I’d prefer more space but am ok squishing for the sake of saving money/points! My husband, not so much haha.

We may be married to the same person!!

I am glad we rented at BCV before adding our second resort. While I enjoyed our stay there, I realized I'd been spoiled by having views, and hanging out at the pool was stressful because our toddler (about 21 mo at the time) wanted to walk ALL around the sandy beach area, but she was so wobbly that waves would knock her under (and then she couldn't get up again), and my ODD wanted to either play in the 8' deep lazy river or on the small water slide on the other side of the walkway to Epcot. So we had to split up all the time. We did like walking to Epcot, though. Wow that was nice.

And messed up that quote haha! One day...

My husband definitely values space over money! We never really cared about views until we got a pool view at CCV a couple of weeks ago. We sat out there a ton! The geyser going off made it even more fun! I have the same fear about SAB...one of us will be trailing the oldest and the other will be trying to keep track of two little ones in the sandy area. I’m trying to remind myself that it won’t be like this forever though! It’s tough to do when you’re in the thick of it and it affects the most immediate vacations!!

generally, it's for the shot at Value 2BR units for a party of 5, good point values for Standard 1BRs, and the extra bathroom in a Kidani 1BR.

Oh ok got it! I wasn’t sure if I was missing something with regards to renting there. We were thinking renting BCV so we could know for sure that we don’t want to buy there.

I really do appreciate all of the help on this! My husband and I talked and we keep putting AKV/BLT/OKW on the table for practical reasons and then taking them off. Following the advice of buy where you want to stay, that’s BRV for me and BCV for him even with the shorter contracts. It’s seeming like it might make more sense for us to just wait until we can buy enough points for a two bedroom at one of those if we are going to outgrow it so quickly. It’ll also give us a chance to try out a few more places first.
Realize that BCV and BRV only have beds for four in the one bedroom, one king bed and one queen sleeper sofa. No murphy bed, no cot, no daybed. You are allowed a fifth person at this point in time, but you have to provide the bed, linens and towel for the fifth.

Yep, for 5 in a one bedroom look hard at Kidani and BLT. The sleeper chair is a great addition, and omg the extra bathroom. Did anyone mention that it's a full bathroom??? We recently stayed at BLT 2br with a gaggle of teen and pre-teen girls and not one fight over the bathroom :) Priceless.

I am glad we rented at BCV before adding our second resort. While I enjoyed our stay there, I realized I'd been spoiled by having views, and hanging out at the pool was stressful because our toddler (about 21 mo at the time) wanted to walk ALL around the sandy beach area, but she was so wobbly that waves would knock her under (and then she couldn't get up again), and my ODD wanted to either play in the 8' deep lazy river or on the small water slide on the other side of the walkway to Epcot. So we had to split up all the time. We did like walking to Epcot, though. Wow that was nice.

We bought when BCV was being sold direct and the guide didn't get back to us for weeks - in the meantime we pulled the trigger on BW....and then I stayed at BCV years later and I am so happy that our original guide didn't want to make a sale.

Small kids at BCV means a lot of grey hair. Particularly multiple small kids. And my now young adults - both good swimmers having grown up with grandparents who lived on a lake and having taken endless swimming lessons for safety with that situation - they were probably ten before I didn't need to watch them like a hawk at Disney pools - which are deep!

The other thing about BCV I really didn't like was wandering through the lobby in my swimsuit and coverup to get to the pool.

We really enjoyed our recent Kidani stay. We didn't use the third bathroom (four adults and a six year old), but the room was large and we had no bus issues. The resort was quiet, so much more relaxing than BWV (which I do love). CCV/BRV has similar transportation issues to VAKL - its a boat ride to the MK, and a bus ride everywhere else, so if transportation is a concern, any of the Wilderness Lodge options should be off the table. And with little ones, if you are worried about all the stuff, we spent most of our little kid time in the MK - that's still a bus from anywhere but the monorail resorts.

Thank you for the input! We’ve definitely nixed buying at BCV, and have pretty much decided to go with BLT for the convenience and 1 bedroom size. I’d still love BRV so keeping an eye out for that too, but it’d have to be the perfect contract to justify it haha. We used the boat quite a bit when we were at CCV...it was great for getting back from MK and took it several times for meals at the contemporary. BRV is close enough to the MK area to be convenient for us. We’ve decided that AKV is too remote for us to really consider buying there, but are looking forward to trying it at some point!

javin917
If your not ready to buy yet the new Riviera Resort for Disney Vacation Club will open in the fall of 2019, featuring 300 accommodation units. And have the new gondola system there.

javin917
If your not ready to buy yet the new Riviera Resort for Disney Vacation Club will open in the fall of 2019, featuring 300 accommodation units. And have the new gondola system there.
What effect if any do you think the opening of the new resort will have on the resale market? We're not going to be ready to buy until 2019 (if ever) but I'm curious.

What effect if any do you think the opening of the new resort will have on the resale market? We're not going to be ready to buy until 2019 (if ever) but I'm curious.

The only thing I've really seen impact the resale market is a recession or an economic boom. There has been some slight movement when resale restrictions are announced. Future resorts are built into the pricing at this point, as they are announced long in advance of sales, and there is always another one.

Sometimes, with the rise in direct prices, resales will be hot because non-owners will want to go ahead and make a resale purchase for the maximum points and then do the minimum direct purchase added on.

My dh is same way!! He wants space and comfort.. not being crammed into studio.. I am fine with studio I just learned on this last trip and hope to stay at Poly again soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!