Another "Help Me Decide" Thread

timandjanl

Mouseketeer
Ok folks ... after our resale purchase we FINALLY got our member number and are able to book our first trip. We are looking to book a 1 BR at OKW, Kidani, or Jambo. I feel like I've read and read and read and I just want some practical opinions from people who have been there now. A little info - we are a young couple w/ a 3 year old and a 1 year old. We will be traveling with my younger brother-in-law and his girlfriend. We intend to hit the parks at RD and then head back to our room for an afternoon nap. We may go back out some days, but on others we will stay at the resort and have dinner there. My husband will also golf at least 1 day. Thoughts on the 3 resorts we've narrowed it down to? I realize there might be other resorts that would be a little more convenient or possibly kid-friendly, but we are trying to stick to these 3 for points reasons this year. Thanks in advance for your opinions! :cool1::cool1:

I should add that one of the biggest things holding me back from AK is the food options. We are not adventurous eaters at all. We are "meat and potatoes" people so I'm concerned we will have issues eating on property at AK.

As an owner it really doesn't matter. You will stay at all of the resorts many times over during your ownership.

Just pick one and go. After staying at each resort a couple of times you will settle in to your favorites. Hopefully you bought at one of them.

:earsboy: Bill

we own at animal kidani and keep thinking it is really our true home resort. WE like the quietness at kidani after hectic days. They are all a good haul on the bus unless you are at a monorail resort. Kidanis pool has nightime movies that are great for the kids if you get back before 10 in the evening. Although the newness of the savannah view has worn off so we always go standard now as the amount of animals just isnt enough to warrant our points and we arent in the room enough during the day to catch many there. I always say we are going to spend more time at the resort and still havent managed to do it. As for food we never eat at the resort restaurant at kidani unless we have something in the rooms to snack on . Oh kidanis bathrooms are a step above jambos.

For 2 couples and 2 young children in a 1BR? If I HAD to (and I'd try hard for a 2BR or 2 studios) I'd choose either Kidani because it's the only one of those 3 that has 2 bathrooms and a nice layout. Or else OKW because of the super sized rooms - but request building number 30 or higher in order to get the 2nd entry to the bathroom. Though I like Jambo I'd probably make that my 3rd pick - 1 bathroom with sinks and tub/shower together and smaller room size compared to OKW.

I wouldn't worry about food options at AKV. You'll be able to find what equates to basic meat and potatoes. The QS is much more extensive compared to OKW and there are 3 sit down restaurants to choose from compared to OKW. Also a nice water play area at Kidani that the 3 yo might have fun at. And of course the animals!

Ok folks ... after our resale purchase we FINALLY got our member number and are able to book our first trip. We are looking to book a 1 BR at OKW, Kidani, or Jambo. I feel like I've read and read and read and I just want some practical opinions from people who have been there now. A little info - we are a young couple w/ a 3 year old and a 1 year old. We will be traveling with my younger brother-in-law and his girlfriend. We intend to hit the parks at RD and then head back to our room for an afternoon nap. We may go back out some days, but on others we will stay at the resort and have dinner there. My husband will also golf at least 1 day. Thoughts on the 3 resorts we've narrowed it down to? I realize there might be other resorts that would be a little more convenient or possibly kid-friendly, but we are trying to stick to these 3 for points reasons this year. Thanks in advance for your opinions! :cool1::cool1:

KAT4DISNEY makes some great points (as always) and looking at your criteria, I'd have to go with OKW.

Main reasons...larger rooms...you are going to be a very tight squeeze in a 1BR no matter what with your group, but OKW does provide the most space as well as that sleeper chair which should work for the 3 year old. I also agree that the second bathroom at Kidani is a good option with 4 adults too but the other aspects don't seem to fit as well for you.

Other reasons...you want to be at the parks at RD and come back for naps. We love AKV, but it does take a while to get to and from the parks from there since it regularly stops at Blizzard Beach on the way to and from the parks. It's a great resort, but best for those not wanting to get to and from the parks quickly.

OKW is on a golf course, which you say your husband may like to take advantage of. Just convenient if he wants to golf at LBV golf course.

And based on your dining requirements, I don't think you'd enjoy the wonderful, though somewhat exotic, restaurants at AKV.

Thank you guys very much! I hadn't even considered the idea of two studios but I am definitely going to look into that now.

We decided to go with 2 studios at Kidani. Just booked them. We are so excited!! Thanks again everyone.

I think you will love Kidani. The pool, and other activities are wondeful for kids. The bus ride is a little longer, but it's really not that bad. Dh and I were just there and we had a rental car that we could have used but we opted for the buses most days. There will be a pack n play for your 1 year old and you could request a second one for your 3 year old but I think it would be a little small. What we did for our almost 3 year old twin grandsons was buy 2 large size pool noodles and put them on the sides of the pull out sofa (underneath the sheets and the mattress cover) worked fantastic.

Enjoy your trip and let us know how it goes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter