Another Hoop Question

AllThingsMickey4

DIS Veteran
I'm beginning to regret booking the Hoop Dee Doo for our rehearsal dinner. I had to add some extra people about 2 months out so I had to switch from Cat 1 to Cat 2 to keep the 6:15 show for April 27th. I noted wheelchair accessibility when I made the reservation online, so I called today to make sure it was noted. My grandmother most likely won't be in a scooter (this is her first trip and she's being stubborn), BUT she can't climb or descend stairs. She took a nasty fall last year when she was trying to walk down the stairs at a movie theater.

The CM told me the tables are assigned based on the check in order, so I would have to get there early and talk to someone at the podium. What happens if we can't get a table downstairs? I don't know if I want her to risk the stairs. Anyone know if they would even put us all at one table? We are a party of 14.

My understanding is that the tables are assigned several days in advance mostly according to when the reservation was made. I hope that someone else will chime in with better info. Seems that I have seen someone post on here that has at one time done that job.

The tables are assigned by purchase date not check in. The earlier you book, the better seat you get. I'm not sure how they do large parties.

Since category 1 and 2 are wheelchair accessible you should be fine. There are only 4 tables listed as category 2 in the balcony.
You already have noted on the reservation that she needs wheel chair accessibility so at the least her table will be seated accordingly .
Now go worry about something else because all brides-to-be do ;).

And if it's any help we booked category 2 the second or third week of June 2017 and arrived the 1st week of July (4th of July to be exact). We were seated at the end of category 1/ beginning of category 2 ..3 tables from the back. Saw everything fine but missed the up close sweat of the performers, LOL .

Since category 1 and 2 are wheelchair accessible you should be fine. There are only 4 tables listed as category 2 in the balcony.
You already have noted on the reservation that she needs wheel chair accessibility so at the least her table will be seated accordingly .
Now go worry about something else because all brides-to-be do ;).

And if it's any help we booked category 2 the second or third week of June 2017 and arrived the 1st week of July (4th of July to be exact). We were seated at the end of category 1/ beginning of category 2 ..3 tables from the back. Saw everything fine but missed the up close sweat of the performers, LOL .

Ah okay, I didn't know there were only 4 Category 2 tables in the balcony. That definitely makes me feel better. :thumbsup2 I just don't want my grandmother to think I booked this KNOWING she would have to do stairs.

And thanks for sharing your experience :goodvibes I definitely don't think I would want to be right against the stage :rotfl:

The CM you spoke with was wrong. The tables are assigned ahead of time and not in check-in order. If your grandmother's needs are noted on the reservation, you will be fine. Enjoy the show!

This might help -

HOOP-DEE-DO-REVIEW TICKET AND SEATING "411":
1) HDDR tables are prioritized in category by WHEN the ressie was made
. . . whether via phone or on-line.
. . . example: a Cat-1 ressie made in January gets a better table than ressie made in February
. . . example: a Cat-1 ressie made within 7-days of the show gets Cat-1 leftovers
2) Tables are manually assigned on 8th day before the show date.
3) Last minute ressies are assigned to the next open table in order.
4) The earlier ressies are made, the better table location.
5) Exception: #044 & #045, kept for last minute handicapped guests.
6) Table numbers do have meaning,
. . . EXAMPLE: table #052
. . . 0 = floor-level
. . . 5 = fifth-row-from-front
. . . 2 = second-table-from-left (when facing the stage)
7) Tables may be moved around to accommodate number of guests.
8) Only one family/group is usually seated per table. *
9) Distribution of tables and categories, prior to any combining of tables.
. . . Cat-1 tables are main floor back to row8, they are the best seats
. . . Cat-2 tables are the seven tables in row9 on main floor
. . . Cat-2 tables are the last four on left/right wings
. . . Cat-2 tables are the eight rear balcony tables facing stage
. . . Cat-3 tables are the eight tables on both balcony sides
. . . Cat-2 and Cat-3 tables may have posts in the viewing way **
. . . Cat-3 tables require one-half of the table to turn around to see
10) DDP Credit Use
. . . 4:00pm show = 2TS for Cat-2 and/or Cat-3, no Cat-1 using DDP credits
. . . 6:15pm show = 2TS for Cat-2 and/or Cat-3, no Cat-1 using DDP credits
. . . 8:30pm show = 2TS for Cat-1, Cat-2 and/or Cat-3
11) Ticket Pick-Up:
. . . up to 7-days prior to show date at any Concierge or any Park/DTD Guest Services
. . . within 2-hrs prior to show-time only at HDDR Box Office at Fort Wilderness
. . . box office windows are to the left of Pioneer Hall at FW
* There are four large tables for big families. If there are no big families (which seldom happens), they will mix small families of 2-4 to fill the tables. This allows HDDR to maximize the seating, and revenue. If there are more than one group at the table, each group has its own "family style" menu items.
** I often assign seats for HDDR, and wince when I put folks behind pillars or have the pillars in their line-of-sight.

I'm beginning to regret booking the Hoop Dee Doo for our rehearsal dinner. I had to add some extra people about 2 months out so I had to switch from Cat 1 to Cat 2 to keep the 6:15 show for April 27th. I noted wheelchair accessibility when I made the reservation online, so I called today to make sure it was noted. My grandmother most likely won't be in a scooter (this is her first trip and she's being stubborn), BUT she can't climb or descend stairs. She took a nasty fall last year when she was trying to walk down the stairs at a movie theater.

The CM told me the tables are assigned based on the check in order, so I would have to get there early and talk to someone at the podium. What happens if we can't get a table downstairs? I don't know if I want her to risk the stairs. Anyone know if they would even put us all at one table? We are a party of 14.
from what I have been told there is a table down stairs that they use for someone who can not do stairs but it would only be for a couple not your whole party of 14. ps she will have about 4 steps in into show from outside in and again back outside at the end. tables are not assigned at check in but when you order tickets so your adding to count moves you back in the order for tables.

from what I have been told there is a table down stairs that they use for someone who can not do stairs

1) There are two tables (#04 and #045) that are used for handicapped accommodations.
. . . they cannot be combined, since there are other handicapped folks who need the seats
. . . these tables cannot be combined with each other or with other tables
. . . they have to be kept separated for wheelchair-ECV-crutches-canes access
. . . they are held available until the last moment for a handicapped guest and one other person
. . . they are issued based upon the time you check-in at the HDDR podium before your show time, and not upon the date/time order of making the ressie on the phone
. . . thus, your party of 14 will not be seated together if using these tables, since all your other sets have already been assigned and in a different location (even upstairs)
. . . the seating charts are made-out inside the ticket window to left of HDDR, in the afternoon eight-days ahead of the show date
2) Sorry to hear about you having to alter your seating plans
. . . but, good seats at HDDR sell out quickly and seats are assigned in the order your ressie is made (date and time)
. . . this is fair to everyone wanting HDDR seats
. . . we usually tell folks to reserve enough seats for their whole party size, or what could be their whole party size
. . . actually, this goes for any ADR, especially prepaid meals

NOTE1: It might sound harsh, but you could always tell the people who replied late that there is no room for them at the HDDR dinner to be seated with you. This is not an uncommon occurrence at WDW when people try to add extras after they made the original ADR's because people waited to long to reply.

NOTE2: Restaurants do not have unlimited seating capacity. You need to find the 1-2 Concierge at each resort who have the dining system OVERRIDE CODE, and they have the right to force your reservation. In some cases, like CRT, I have seen more than 50 people added to a sold-out meal time on a day. Yes, this makes delays for others in the ADR line-up, but there are times we want/need to add people for meals, and this is how WDW accomplishes it. I have had managers beg me to slide a friend or relative into a meal, but unless it is under specific circumstances, this could have gotten me reprimanded or even terminated for abuse.

1) There are two tables (#04 and #045) that are used for handicapped accommodations.
. . . they cannot be combined, since there are other handicapped folks who need the seats
. . . they are held available until the last moment for a handicapped guest and one other person
. . . they are issued based upon the time you check-in at the HDDR podium before your show time, and not upon the date/time order of making the ressie on the phone
. . . thus, your party of 14 will not be seated together if using these tables, since all your other sets have already been assigned and in a different location (even upstairs)
. . . the seating charts are made-out inside the ticket window to left of HDDR, in the afternoon eight-days ahead of the show date
. . . but, good seats at HDDR sell out quickly and seats are assigned in the order your ressie is made (date and time)
. . . we usually tell folks to reserve enough seats for their whole party size, or what could be their whole party size

NOTE1: It might sound harsh, but you could always tell the people who replied late that there is no room for them at the HDDR dinner to be seated with you. This is not an uncommon occurrence at WDW when people try to add extras after they made the original ADR's because people waited to long to reply.

NOTE2: Restaurants do not have unlimited seating capacity. You need to find the 1-2 Concierge at each resort who have the dining system OVERRIDE CODE, and they have the right to force your reservation. In some cases, like CRT, I have seen more than 50 people added to a sold-out meal time on a day. Yes, this makes delays for others in the ADR line-up, but there are times we want/need to add people for meals, and this is how WDW accomplishes it. I have had managers beg me to slide a friend or relative into a meal, but unless it is under specific circumstances, this could have gotten me reprimanded or even terminated for abuse.
thanks Rusty I remembered what you had said in earlier post

Thanks for the info. Looking back, I should've told the people no, but they kind of invited themselves through my fiancé's mom (who is paying for it) by assuming they could be added. Most of my guests think Disney restaurants are like our neighborhood Chilis where you can just show up with however many people. It's really frustrating that NONE of them listen to me about how it works. We started with 8 people so I made the ADR for 12 thinking I would be safe :sad2: Of course Category 1 is completely sold out now so I can't switch back to my original reservation.

It's probably going to be an utter disaster. I wish my fiancé and I could just do something like V&A ALONE, but our families want to do something together. I know a lot of them are probably going to complain about the food being served family style even though I've told them the basic concept of the show multiple times. I'm just big not ready for all the naysayers :headache:

our families want to do something together

Your best options now include . . .
. . . booking a party room or banquet room at a resort, JUST for your party size
. . . booking a restaurant like Bongos or Turf Club, that are not usually fully booked in advance
. . . booking a Sunday Gospel Brunch at House of Blues at Disney Springs

So we went to the HDDR on Friday and had an awesome time!!!! We were all seated together on the first floor! Thanks for the help everyone!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!