Another Hotel Thread

beachbunny

DIS Veteran
We're two adults travelling. I had picked the Newport Bay, Admiral's Club, but now I'm having second thoughts. For about the same price I can get the New York or for about $100 more a night ($300 total) I could get the Disneyland Hotel. Most likely, this will be our one and only trip to DLP. So I'd like to do it right. Money is not a problem, but I'd hate to spend $300 more and not feel like I received anything more in return. If you were me, what would you do?

I've not stayed in your hotel choices, but would find myself sorely tempted to stay in the Disneyland Hotel. Especially if you want this to be one to remember :cool1:

Reid

If you want your holiday to be truly special, I'd stay in the DL Hotel. It's so beautiful, and if this is your only trip, I'd recommend staying there.

Choosing between the New York, and Newport Bay Club though, I'd have to choose the Newport Bay Club. I felt that this had a lot more of the Disney magic to it, while New York felt a bit more sterile and 'grown up'. (And who wants that in Disneyland? :p )

Hi,

I would at least stay at the HNY. Its great for adults..but if you dont have to care about the money stay DLH Castle Floor. You then have a special elevator to the park, a special lounge and softdrinks and snacks around the day.
At the DLH the Character Breakfast is included in the price (at the others *only* breakfast).
You will find pictures of HNY and NPBC at our website www.dlrp.spantig.net

Greets Renate

Just from the sound of it the Castle floor sounds like much more than what I want to spend. As you can see, I'm already having trouble justifying the extra $300 it would cost to stay at the Disneyland Hotel. Still, I'm very tempted by the Disneyland Hotel. My order of preference was Newport Bay Admiral's floor, Disneyland Hotel, New York. Now, my order of preference is Disneyland Hotel, Newport Bay Admiral's floor, New York. I'm still confused...

Hi,

if you want a good thing in the middle I can highly recommend the Hotel New York. It is the smallest at DLRP with only 565 room (NPBC is the largerst with 1093). Its just a step away from the Village and the parks.
Save the money from the DLH and go there for coffee to the Cafe Fantasia, the Invenions or the California Grill instead :cool1:
7361.jpg

thats a room with a king bed.
2277.jpg

The bar at the HNY

I´m going back to the HNY in May and cant wait :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc
Greets Renate

We've just come back from newport bay & stayed at new york at the beginning of the Christmas season in 2003. Both lovely, but between the 2 I'd go for newport. I agree with previous post that new york has a 'grown up' and not very disney feel to it. also at the newport, there were a variety of characters with an official photographer every morning (we had Mr Smee, Captain Hook, Goofy & Pluto). Official photo shoots are great, everyone stands in an orderly queue, (they were there a lot and there was never more than 6 in the line), they're more than happy to let you take your own photos as well and obviously you don't have to buy the official one. At the none official photo shoots, it is a real scrum to get a photo. At New York there were no official photos and we only saw Mickey & Goofy (I think) and it was always a scrum. Have had dinner at the Disney and it was lovely, and the character breakfast every morning is a bonus. This is another excellent way to get hassle free photos & autographs and we always have at least one breakfast and a lunch, (obviously at an extra cost) so if you're getting breakfast every day with 'the gang' there's actually a bit of a saving involved (!!!)

Nearly forgot, I'd read on other threads that only 'downside' to newport was it was really crowded & there were big queues for b'fast. It was very busy, there were lots of children running around in the bar areas. At the New York we took turns in having an evening drink in the bar while the other babysat and it was a nice relaxed end to the day. We weren't even remotely tempted to do this at the Newport as it was really busy (and also we were both shattered!). However breakfast was never a problem, we had 8.00 on the days we had b'fast at the hotel and usually went down at about 7.50 and the place was quite quiet. We were leaving breakfast at about 8.30 and by then there were maybe 10 people in the queue to be seated, so not a problem.

I have not stayed at the NY or Newport, but I think if you are able-bodied and not going in the dead of winter, there is no real reason to spend so much more for the Disneyland. I stayed there in Castle Club and loved it, but it was really a splurge, and it was the middle of freezing winter. A regular room at the Disneyland doesn't seem to have much over the NY other than location, and the walk from the NY (or Newport for that matter) is short and very pleasant.
Newport does not appeal to me - it's massive and from what I've heard has the feel of a WDW moderate, not a deluxe. The NY is my choice for next time, and I think you can't go wrong with it.

Let us know what you decide!!

Whatever it will be I know you'll have a glorious time!
:flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter