Another lovely day in Oklahoma. . .

My cats are happy with some of the Christmas turkey
Our cat also has a taste for turkey which makes me wonder: Does turkey taste like mouse??????:scared1: :duck: We're doing sick bay for our youngest DGD today. She woke up with a fever and DD dropped her off here. She was pretty miserable for about 20 minutes, then the tylenol kicked in. Since then she's built a huge pillow and blanket fort in the living room, cleaned up her bedroom upstairs, and decimated me at Candyland and Chutes & Ladders. I think she's binging Puppy Dog Pals at the moment.

Well it's not a "girls only trip" but DW/DD & I do a F&W trip once a year and always have a good time. I used to hate leaving WDW not knowing when we'd return, it really was difficult. We remedied that by becoming DVC members.:teeth: Now we know we'll def be going back, more a matter of months than years. Unfortunately now it's difficult to leave those trips with DD because she lives over a 1000 miles away.:sad: We not only say goodbye to WDW but to DD as well. She'll be home for Christmas next week so that will make it all better.

Owning DVC is my dream. We rent points when we visit now. If it weren't for the horses, we would have already bought. They kind of take over the budget, but we love them anyway.

I'm glad your DD will be home for Christmas. 1000 miles away is too far, indeed! I imagine that would most definitely make the end of your trips with her especially difficult.

Our cat also has a taste for turkey which makes me wonder: Does turkey taste like mouse??????:scared1: :duck: We're doing sick bay for our youngest DGD today. She woke up with a fever and DD dropped her off here. She was pretty miserable for about 20 minutes, then the tylenol kicked in. Since then she's built a huge pillow and blanket fort in the living room, cleaned up her bedroom upstairs, and decimated me at Candyland and Chutes & Ladders. I think she's binging Puppy Dog Pals at the moment.

Sorry the little one is sick. Forts and time spent with the grands is the best medicine, though. Sounds like she has a very GRAND grandpa! : )

I plan to never find out if turkey and mouse taste similar.

During our last Christmas shopping adventure, I picked up these for ddil for our cruise with her and dgs in July. Now I'm trying to think of a whimsical fun way to wrap them. Any ideas?

Dang, now I'm having the same fun time posting pictures, again... sigh.

So... here it is.

20181210_145908.jpg

Last edited:
MacKenzie, please come decorate my house! I don't think it's ever going to get done this year. DD and DH are voting for not decorating until after DD and I return home from WDW. That would be the latest we've ever waited to decorate for Christmas.
Lol!! I'm still tired from getting the decor up in our house (just kidding :laughing:)

I've forgotten to take photos but I'll try to remember lol.

I love all the decorations in the house and there's a lot of room to add more and more decorations. I figure that will happen over the years. The only thing I don't particularly enjoy is getting the tubs from the basement and unwrapping all the fragile stuff and then in the end when I have to wrap all the fragile stuff and put them back in the tubs in the basement. If it could all magically be unpacked from the tubs and repacked in the tubs that would be great :rotfl2:

AND, all played out or meh...

View attachment 369211
Aww how cute though :)

This is the beauty of having a cat: The Christmas presents are all the empty boxes, ribbon, wrapping paper from everyone else's gifts.;)
:lmao: so so true. Presently Apollo has been laying on brown packing paper and the box it came in.

DD and I returned home Friday from our first girls only trip to WDW, and we have some serious post-Disney blues going on. Our trip was truly magical. We had so much fun together, but I think that just made it even more difficult to return to reality. It might lessen the blow if we knew when we were going back, but at this point, I have no idea.
When I went over the years I never expected to return. It sorta just happened that around 5 or 6 years a trip came up. But the 2011 and 2017 trips were the only ones that I remember that is that were actual full on trips rather than visit/stay with family just outside Orlando and go to WDW and Universal for a day here and then a day there so it was a different vibe. I totally know how you feel. I def. still miss being there even over a year later!

My sister and her family came home last Tuesday from WDW. She now has the cold of the century so I'm avoiding her like the plague.

She woke up with a fever and DD dropped her off here.

Oh no! I hate being sick. Hope everyone gets to feeling better :hug:

She was pretty miserable for about 20 minutes, then the tylenol kicked in. Since then she's built a huge pillow and blanket fort in the living room, cleaned up her bedroom upstairs, and decimated me at Candyland and Chutes & Ladders. I think she's binging Puppy Dog Pals at the moment.
Ah..the joys of being a kid. Even with medicine when I'm sick I'm usually still not up for that much activity

Totally!

We had an American Short Hair for 17 years. This is him (Eb, short for Ebony) on a too bright sunny day, waiting for Spring to arrive.

View attachment 369250
Aww so so cute. Apollo likes to look out the window and 'chirp' at the squirrels or the birds outside. Did Eb do that as well?

[QUOTE="Mackenzie Click-Mickelson, post: 60028179, member:

Aww so so cute. Apollo likes to look out the window and 'chirp' at the squirrels or the birds outside. Did Eb do that as well?[/QUOTE]

Mackenzie: We are in the country, and Eb was a mouser. Eb spent very little time 'looking' outside, as opposed to 'being' out there!

The only thing I don't particularly enjoy is getting the tubs from the basement and unwrapping all the fragile stuff and then in the end when I have to wrap all the fragile stuff and put them back in the tubs in the basement
Same here only it's the garage for us. We wrap (and unwrap) all the ornaments too, in fact we save the boxes that ornaments are packaged in and usually return the ornaments to those packages. It's a pain but I will say that we have ornaments over 40 years old that look basically the same as when we bought them.:santa:

Same here only it's the garage for us. We wrap (and unwrap) all the ornaments too, in fact we save the boxes that ornaments are packaged in and usually return the ornaments to those packages. It's a pain but I will say that we have ornaments over 40 years old that look basically the same as when we bought them.:santa:
I've tried to do that as well though I'm sure I've lost a box here and there.

I do have two of these which helps for the non-boxed items:
upload_2018-12-10_18-14-21.png

Of course that's another thing to lug up the stairs from the basement lol. Luckily where the tree is is very close to the basement stairs but still.

During our last Christmas shopping adventure, I picked up these for ddil for our cruise with her and dgs in July. Now I'm trying to think of a whimsical fun way to wrap them. Any ideas?

Dang, now I'm having the same fun time posting pictures, again... sigh.

So... here it is.

View attachment 369255
:boat: I’m 14 cruises in and have never once taken wooden clothes pins or nylon rope. What are they for?

I've tried to do that as well though I'm sure I've lost a box here and there.

I do have two of these which helps for the non-boxed items:
View attachment 369297

Of course that's another thing to lug up the stairs from the basement lol. Luckily where the tree is is very close to the basement stairs but still.

We need several of these. Great idea!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter