Another lovely day in Oklahoma. . .

I'm almost afraid to say it, but I think spring is finally making an appearance.

Hey I'm so desperate for spring I will call mid 40's with lots of sunshine (which we've had a couple of times)..... nearly spring!! I really wish it could be closer to 60, though. :sunny:

Haven't heard my frogs yet so for me that's our official start of spring.

Hey I'm so desperate for spring I will call mid 40's with lots of sunshine (which we've had a couple of times)..... nearly spring!! I really wish it could be closer to 60, though. :sunny:

Make sure you let me know when you hear them so I'll know it's official. :)

Make sure you let me know when you hear them so I'll know it's official. :)

Oh I will!! The "saying" around here is you hear the frogs and then you don't for a few days because it's too cold, then you hear them again, and then you don't and then finally the third time you hear them you hear them all the time until summer.

And if anyone wonders why we don't hear them once summer weather hits, it's because they have found their true loves and are awaiting the birth of many tadpoles!! :rotfl: 'Nuff said. ;)

Oh I will!! The "saying" around here is you hear the frogs and then you don't for a few days because it's too cold, then you hear them again, and then you don't and then finally the third time you hear them you hear them all the time until summer.

And if anyone wonders why we don't hear them once summer weather hits, it's because they have found their true loves and are awaiting the birth of many tadpoles!! :rotfl: 'Nuff said. ;)
A beautiful love story. :)

They've been very vocal down here and are already hopping all over the place. : ) Today was cold and windy, though, compared to what it has been. Lots of sunshine, so that was nice.

SNIFF... darn allergies.

View attachment 388315 The men, and I just popping in to wish everyone a "HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY" :shamrock:

Slainte!

Sinead
:rotfl:D'oh, so close!! I guessed Celtic Christmas! ;)
I would love to make a corned beef brisket! Of course I'd have to eat all of it myself (no other fans in the family) so that's probably not gonna happen. :)
It makes great sandwiches on Irish soda bread - the kind with proper golden raisins. As may have been mentioned elsewhere, I'm not a "left-overs" person but I could eat that a couple of days running. :thumbsup2

I'm almost afraid to say it, but I think spring is finally making an appearance.
In Florida how exactly can you tell? :confused3 My most bearable trip to Florida was in November; temps in the high '70s and humidity less than 1000%. Of course the natives were in sweaters and Uggs...

:rotfl:D'oh, so close!! I guessed Celtic Christmas! ;)

It makes great sandwiches on Irish soda bread - the kind with proper golden raisins. As may have been mentioned elsewhere, I'm not a "left-overs" person but I could eat that a couple of days running. :thumbsup2

In Florida how exactly can you tell? :confused3 My most bearable trip to Florida was in November; temps in the high '70s and humidity less than 1000%. Of course the natives were in sweaters and Uggs...
I'm from Florida but I don't currently live there full time. I'm much further north so I get to experience all the seasons now. Not sure I like it but it is what it is at this point.

I've been taking antibiotics for strep throat and bronchitis since Friday, but DH and I went out for a walk today. It's 60F here!! I wasn't out for long and I am really dragging now, but it was SO NICE to feel the sun on my face and the warm breeze in my hair. It's the kind of day that makes me believe that spring really WILL come! Not much else new to report. I have been working on decorations for DD's wedding and although they are not as far along as I'd hoped, they are on the way. I still haven't finished the taxes; the numbers are run but I am waiting for a K-1 from a company of which DH is part-owner. The company is almost defunct; we take a loss of about $2K each year, so that actually helps us from a tax viewpoint. However, we are going to owe the feds about $2K. I am not sure why. Our income wasn't significantly higher than in prior years, we usually get a couple hundred back from the feds, and we actually made additional contributions each month. I dread doing the state return, as we usually owe the state. No winning at our house right now. ANYHOW... I didn't get enough done this weekend as I feel like crap and am actually considering calling in sick tomorrow. We did finally get all the decorations off the Christmas tree (I know, but it's artificial and I LOVE the lights so we always leave it up way too long!) so hopefully we'll get it taken down tonight. Then I can put up a folding table in that spot and actually do the taxes!! That's about it... just another page out of my everyday life. OH... I FOUND A DRESS FOR DD'S WEDDING! I thought it was going to be a nightmare but I actually found many dresses that I liked and that fit well. At one point, I had FOUR dresses to choose from, but three have been returned and the one below is the one I am sticking with... for now, LOL!

Attachments

• unnamed-1.jpg
    unnamed-1.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 10
@leebee sorry to hear about the illness, strep is miserable! I vote for sick day tomorrow, you wouldn't want to prolong your illness or risk spreading to others--tell 'em some guy on the internet said so;)
Empathy for owing taxes, we're in the same boat. I just tell myself "This is what rich people must feel like at tax time.":sunny:

Yay for nice weather! It snowed here yesterday:crazy2: No accumulation but jeez...give a guy a break.:cold:

Not that I would know the first thing about women's wedding fashions but I clicked on the pic of your dress and think it looks nice. I like blue and it seems like something you might get to wear more than just the one time(I suppose that's a terrible "man" thing to say):rolleyes1

Looks like I was completely wrong about that spring comment earlier.

Guess I better learn to just keep my mouth shut. :)
I was just about to say that :rotfl::rotfl:

upload_2019-3-31_18-6-31.png

I feel like this is pretty accurate though mud season is also good too because we've had a lot of rain in the last couple of days with some more forecasted this coming week.

It was like 68/70 a few days ago but then a long range showed over 5inches of snow for today...thank goodness it didn't happen. Some people did get some snow yesterday though where I was was at it was rain with flakes eventually which just melted on contact. Today it's 44 though it was chilly (below freezing) this morning.

Next week is supposed to be in the 50,60s and possibly 71...I'm not holding my breath lol.

I was just about to say that :rotfl::rotfl:

View attachment 391963

I feel like this is pretty accurate though mud season is also good too because we've had a lot of rain in the last couple of days with some more forecasted this coming week.

It was like 68/70 a few days ago but then a long range showed over 5inches of snow for today...thank goodness it didn't happen. Some people did get some snow yesterday though where I was was at it was rain with flakes eventually which just melted on contact. Today it's 44 though it was chilly (below freezing) this morning.

Next week is supposed to be in the 50,60s and possibly 71...I'm not holding my breath lol.
If it's a third winter then I'm just gonna blame Game of Thrones.

Guys this thread got buried so far deep I forgot to check back on it!

I'm so sorry for all the news I missed and while I read all the comments from the over 3 months I missed it's just too much to comment on so apologies on all of that. Do know that I'm glad for the good things, sad for the sad things, commiserting on the weather (while simultaneously hoping for better weather for y'all) as well as allergies with all of you guys :grouphug:

So if you guys remember Aaron is starting on a power plant project near LA. He starts tomorrow though he's been gone since Tuesday and I'll see him again on the 10th of April...well really more like around 2:30 am on the 12th once you count in getting a rental car and driving home...we've always been pretty happy with SWA but these flight from the LA area (all 4 or 5 airports) have crappy flights back home. He'll be coming home every other Thursday (so I'll see him just under every 2 weeks while he's gone). They have like 4 or 5 options that get you home after 1am and Aaron is really supposed to take the last flight out. We checked and the schedule switches 3 times while he's out there (which right now is scheduled to be thru October) and at one point his flight doesn't land back home until 1:55am! And it's about a 45min drive home but he also has to get a rental car when he comes home. Ugh. I feel for him.

Some exciting news though. His company paid for me to go out with him to the LA area the last day of February through the first few days of March to apartment hunt.....and while we were technically there on business we got it done in 1 day (meaning we found him an apartment) so we got to go to Disneyland for 3 days :jumping1:. The plan was to go at least Saturday and Sunday with leaving Monday open in case we couldn't find an apartment. Finding him an apartment was the really important part. The good thing was Aaron went out to facilitate training in LA at the beginning of February so he actually got a chance to do some apartment looking back then. The place he ended up with is next to a marina but it's only 470sq feet and that's actually considered good size. One of the other places we looked at was a 405sq foot place :faint:.

So back to Disneyland--It rained all day Saturday (tiny spurts without rain), rained a bit on Sunday but both days were on the cool side (though in comparison to home it was like 60+ degrees warmer :laughing:) and then Monday it was sunny/cloudy though cool when the sun was covered by the clouds. The crowds were awesome on Saturday, pretty good on Sunday and much busier on Monday (which I have always heard Mondays are terrible at DLR but with the weather being no rain it was likely a bit more crowded than normal).

Bonus was a KC DISer made a concurrent trip out to the LA area for personal reasons but was able to go to DLR with us for Saturday and then we met up again for parts of Monday. It was so much fun being able to tour with a fellow DISer. And I got to meet 3 other DISers; 2 of them was planned and we hung out for a good portion of Saturday. One of the DISers we met randomly at the gates of Disneyland just waiting to get in Saturday morning. It was one of those crazy moments because that was not planned at all. Such a small world really.

Here's Aaron and I in front of the castle (which is being refurbed so it has a scrim) on Saturday:
upload_2019-3-31_18-26-36.png

Here's us again with the KC DISer:
upload_2019-3-31_18-27-51.png

We had some good fun touring and partaking in the CA Food&Wine Festival.

It was Aaron's first trip to DLR and essentially mine as well since the only other time I was there was when I was a very young child and I have no memories of it. As a whole we enjoy WDW better but DLR does have some things we enjoyed better than WDW.

We extended the trip by one day--usually for apartment hunting his company gives 4 days and we were gone 5 days. On the last day before our flight we went to Downtown Disney and got this cute ornament:
upload_2019-3-31_18-38-53.png

And after that we went to see the Hollywood sign (of course):
upload_2019-3-31_18-39-36.png

We hope to be able to go back to DLR sometime before Aaron leaves to try to do SWGE :eek: we'll have to see on it though. We'd like to be able to squeeze in a Vegas trip if we can plus anything else like San Diego or Catalina Island, etc keeping in mind that everytime I use his plane ticket to go out there is one less time he gets to come back home and see everyone including our cat Apollo lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!