Another package to try, this one for Festival of the Lion King **(reviews start on page 5)**

DH and I did it today
Nothing was a disappointment
Tiffins was spectacular. They've made a few menu charges since our last visit (that wasn't the special meal with Joe) and they now serve what I think it's the best steak on earth. Some tenderloin from a locally sourced farm that was so tender you didn't need to chew, it melted
Loved the seats for lion king. First row
As for our safari, we for to see the baby giraffe so all was right with the world, lol
Did you order off the regular menu for app, entree and dessert? Did you get to choose any of the items listed?

DH and I did it today
Nothing was a disappointment
Tiffins was spectacular. They've made a few menu charges since our last visit (that wasn't the special meal with Joe) and they now serve what I think it's the best steak on earth. Some tenderloin from a locally sourced farm that was so tender you didn't need to chew, it melted
Loved the seats for lion king. First row
As for our safari, we for to see the baby giraffe so all was right with the world, lol
Now I'm even more excited for this!! Can't wait until October!!

MY DH and I did this on Sunday and attended the 5:00 show. We both felt that it was well worth the price. We were the only one's at our show so we had a private safari ride with just the two of us. It was awesome being that close to the stage at the show. We've done several backstage tours but still learned some new things on our safari ride.

MY DH and I did this on Sunday and attended the 5:00 show. We both felt that it was well worth the price. We were the only one's at our show so we had a private safari ride with just the two of us. It was awesome being that close to the stage at the show. We've done several backstage tours but still learned some new things on our safari ride.
Same here. Despite having done several backstage tours on the Safari we learned new things

Thanks for all the responses! I’m super excited for our booking in 2 weeks! It’s a surprise for my wife, who I think will LOVE the experience.

You have me seriously debating adding this.
I don't know if all guides are doing like our guide did but ours said specifically that she was going to try to talk about things not usually covered during a regular Safari. Not about the animals themselves as much as the Safari grounds and the layout and operation.

I don't know if all guides are doing like our guide did but ours said specifically that she was going to try to talk about things not usually covered during a regular Safari. Not about the animals themselves as much as the Safari grounds and the layout and operation.
Did they take questions as you were driving around?

Does anyone know if you have 3ish reservation for Tiffin's and the schedule is for the 6:00 FOLK show, will you go on the safari after the show or before?

Quoting myself to expand on something, to make sure folks realize, while our guide mentioned that she was going to talk about things not usually covered on a safari if we had questions about the animals themselves she was more than happy to answer.

I wasn’t sure about this, but the reviews have convinced me! I haven’t been to WDW before but I really like the sound of the safari in particular. It sounds like it is well worth doing. I came on here to ask if it is just a private Kilimanjaro Safari, but it sounds like it is much better.

Edit because I forgot my question! Is there a way to find out what show time I will be allocated before the day? If we went for lunch at 11:30/noon, any idea what time we should expect to be done the safari? We have unmovable plans that night, so I don’t want to end up running out of time or getting stressed.

Last edited:
I wasn’t sure about this, but the reviews have convinced me! I haven’t been to WDW before but I really like the sound of the safari in particular. It sounds like it is well worth doing. I came on here to ask if it is just a private Kilimanjaro Safari, but it sounds like it is much better.

Edit because I forgot my question! Is there a way to find out what show time I will be allocated before the day? If we went for lunch at 11:30/noon, any idea what time we should expect to be done the safari? We have unmovable plans that night, so I don’t want to end up running out of time or getting stressed.

When you book, it tells you the show time!

If this is your first time I have to suggest, avoid the 3:00 show, 3:30 Safari. Which was a 12:00ish meal
They swap a lot of animals out at 4:00ish so when you do a 3:30 Safari you hit the time when they've started that swap and they clean some exhibits and get them ready for the night Safari (something we learned from our guide)
We didn't care, having been so often but they'd already pulled both sets of dogs from the hyenas/painted dog area. Giraffes had queued to go in, elephants were inside, Lions were inside, Cheetahs had been pulled. Hippos pulled. So needless to say we didn't see much

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter