Another Park Schedule WWYD

Which schedule would you choose?

• Option 1: Bring the cattle prod to march the family around Epcot July 4th

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Option 2: Hope monorail doors stay closed, open properly, and stay attached

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Option 3: The perfect plan- we're just missing the last ever July 4th Illuminations (and its crowds)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

PrincessArlena'sDad

DIS Veteran
Background first:
Arriving at WDW after DCL trip (taking DCL shuttle) on June 30, staying at CBR. Departing July 9.
Using 5 day military salute ph tickets (so can't add an extra day)
DW and I have our anniversary on July 5 :love2:

Original plan called for:
June 30: :laundy:
July 1: EMM at HS (9:00 F! and 10:00 Star Wars fireworks)
July 2: Resort
July 3: MK July 4th fireworks dessert party (maybe pm EMH)
July 4: rd EPCOT & Illuminations with July 4th tag
July 5: SOA to celebrate anniversary :lovestruc
July 6: rd AK (FOP FP) with 9:00 RoL
July 7: Fantasia mini golf and DS
July 8: rd MK (SDMT FP)

I had everything set up to figure out ADRs, then I realized:
MK probably has pm EMH on July 3 (it's a Wed, and MK had pm EMH on Tuesday July 3 last year), and even if it doesn't, we'll be getting to bed late on July 3, therefore rd Epcot on July 4 will be VERY hard. Without rd, close to impossible to do FEA, Soarin, and TT in one day.

So, here are alternative plans I've come up with. WWYD? I welcome other possibilities as well. Insight into whether or not I may be hitting other EMH in these plans would also be helpful.
:disrocks:

Option 1: Keep things as they are

Option 2:
July 4: EPCOT (later arrival) Illuminations with July 4th tag
July 5: SOA to celebrate anniversary :lovestruc
July 6: rd AK (FOP FP) with 9:00 RoL
July 7: Fantasia mini golf and DS
July 8: rd Epcot for FEA and Soarin (if needed), then hop to MK (SDMT FP)

Option 3:
July 4: SOA to celebrate anniversary :lovestruc
July 5: rd
EPCOT and Illuminations
July 6: Fantasia mini golf and DS
July 7: rd AK (FOP FP) with 9:00 RoL
July 8: MK later arrival (SDMT FP)

This won't be the "last ever July 4th IllumiNations" show.

They might call the new evening show by another name, but the "July 4th section"
will likely be very similar to what it's been for decades.
(And, every bit as popular.)

I think you can make the call closer to your dates when you have a better idea what the EMH will be.

I realize you may need to make ADRs, but I'd go ahead and make the anniversary ADRs for both possible days, and cancel as necessary. Also, there are websites that will alert you to openings at many restaurants, so you can likely make reservations later.

I have only been to WDW once around the 4th. We were in MK on the third and left and went to our resort. It was our last day and everyone was exhausted. We tried to make it back to MK for the fireworks but did not leave the resort early enough. We were stuck on a Disney bus in HEAVY, HEAVY traffic and the only fireworks we saw were from the bus. The busses were filled to capacity. We were standing up so we didn't even have much of a view out the window.

So if you go to EPCOT on the fourth later in the day, plan to arrive at least late morning or around noon. Don't wait until early evening. Whatever you do, if you are in the park, stay and just plan a meal inside the park to give yourselves a break from the crowds, etc. I even had a reservation at the Plaza that day, but we cancelled it because the kids and even we were so tired and left the park mid-day from the crowds. We probably would have lasted the entire day had it been earlier in our trip.

Keep the original... The above can be readily accomplished by FPing FEA, single rider line for TT, and standby or refresh for Soarin!

And you'd be surprised what FP you can find on the same day. Refresh got me FEA our first night there. We were at HS, but hopped over easily to ride FEA and see Illuminations that night. Got Soarin' to pop up for me three times on an evening that turned out to be a crowd level 9. Since you've got hoppers, you might consider looking to see what you might be able to find as an extra FP on one of your other park days. Hopping from MK or HS is fairly straightforward.

Keep the original plan. It sounds wonderful and if you allow yourself time to rest you'll be golden!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter