Another school shooting....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've passed through Santa Clarita a few times. Totally nondescript suburban community. I think they have a lot of commuters in LA. Haven't been to Magic Mountain in 30 years, although my kid is begging to go.

However, we'll find out more as news trickle out.

My favorite moment of the day - when the kids get off the bus and sit down on the couch and tell me about their day. I can't fathom the thought of them going to school and not coming home. Those poor poor families.

This is just awful, my heart goes out to those families.
I often wonder if prescription drugs Is the common denominator that connects all these shooters. Past or present use, No One talks about it.

This is something I see come up sometimes that the reason for high school shootings is the increase of using medication to help things like ADHD. I agree with a prior poster that it is deflective to keep from talking about the real issue that is guns. Also whenever I read this I get angry because I have a child that has benefited greatly from ADHD meds. Okay rant over.

This is just awful, my heart goes out to those families.
I often wonder if prescription drugs Is the common denominator that connects all these shooters. Past or present use, No One talks about it.
I'm not familiar with anyone or any studies that looked at this. Do you have information that indicates that these young school shooters were all on similar prescription drugs?

I continue to be bothered by these reports, but more and more proud that my school district took action and locked down all of our schools from elementary on up. People can not just wander in, yes parents can't just drop by and have lunch without a background check, and the students go past metal detectors, we have SROs at the middle & high schools. I could happen here, but at least the District is taking steps to prevent it.

I will disagree Searc, the gun is just an inanimate object. The issue is the person using it. Understanding why the person devalues life so much that they will take it needs to be understood. I do not claim to have the answers. But for generations we taught gun safety in many schools and organizations like Scouts and others. We don't do that anymore. Is it drugs? Is it violet games, music, movies, lifestyle? I don't know, but something has changed in our society. We need to determine what it is so we can address it. Locking up a gun will not solve the underlying problem.

This is one of many studies looking at a variety of direct & indirect causes
Medication-Induced Violence | Do Psychiatric Drugs Play a Role in Mass Shootings?
Sorry but a study promoted by a lawfirm who is actively looking to sue drug companies is not what I would consider to be unbiased in any regard. "If you or a loved one has been injured in an incident of mass violence that may have been caused by prescription medications, please contact the attorneys at Baum, Hedlund, Aristei & Goldman for a free consultation. "

I continue to be bothered by these reports, but more and more proud that my school district took action and locked down all of our schools from elementary on up. People can not just wander in, yes parents can't just drop by and have lunch without a background check, and the students go past metal detectors, we have SROs at the middle & high schools. I could happen here, but at least the District is taking steps to prevent it.

I will disagree Searc, the gun is just an inanimate object. The issue is the person using it. Understanding why the person devalues life so much that they will take it needs to be understood. I do not claim to have the answers. But for generations we taught gun safety in many schools and organizations like Scouts and others. We don't do that anymore. Is it drugs? Is it violet games, music, movies, lifestyle? I don't know, but something has changed in our society. We need to determine what it is so we can address it. Locking up a gun will not solve the underlying problem.

Except that people in other countries do not have access to guns and also do not have school shootings.

@wgeo, as I said that is one of many studies I didn't go on an indepth search. However there are out there. Yes this is a law firm, but feel free to google for others. Just the point is there are such studies being done.

Funny, it has worked in other countries that have done it

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter