Another still holding a June reservation?

itutorfortravel

I tutor high school math to pay for my travel addi
Hey, so I'm really sad. I just noticed this evening that the park hours are completely wiped off the calendar for the whole month of May. We have a June trip scheduled, and I have been holding out hoping things were going to open up in June. Thing is, Disney is closed right up to June 1st, so I'm so conflicted over what to do. Is anyone else still holding on to June (for parks, not just resorts), or am I the only one? Based on DVC availability, I think I am definitely in a minority.

Even though I am doing a resort only trip for June, I think we will see park opening in June, but it is going to be limited,

The message on WDW website was changed today to indicate that when they open, things will be different and things can be canceled to accommodate the changes, I took that to imply people could lose things like dining reservations and FPs, even if they have booked them already.

I do think we will know within the week what is happening at the beginning of. June for sure because they seem to be dealing with park hours each week on Thursday. So, next up would be the first week of June.

I am holding a June 20th resie. Our friends also have resies via CRO. We texted tonight to see if we both were planning to stick with it or cancel. No decision was made. But we agreed that we don't really want to go if no parks are open. So will likely decide soon. Probably will end up cancelling.

June 3 to 11, hoping the resorts and parks are open, even with restrictions like masks and distancing, maybe open to resort guests only.

Hey, so I'm really sad. I just noticed this evening that the park hours are completely wiped off the calendar for the whole month of May. We have a June trip scheduled, and I have been holding out hoping things were going to open up in June. Thing is, Disney is closed right up to June 1st, so I'm so conflicted over what to do. Is anyone else still holding on to June (for parks, not just resorts), or am I the only one? Based on DVC availability, I think I am definitely in a minority.
I don't think this data supports any conclusions. I would still be hoping to go if I were in your shoes. I don't believe Disney would say that the resort was closed until June 1st and then wait until mid-May to not go ahead with a June opening - of course I'm speculating. Fingers crossed for your trip and when you go stay safe!

I think Disney is still trying for a June 1 opening, as they rebooked the cash customers that were cancelled due to the virus with free dining beginning June 1. The fly in the ointment may be getting restaurants and food services supplied and up and running with the shortages we're seeing in the stores. But I'm sure they won't know their position for about a week, to see if the supply chain is there.

I think Disney Springs having a phased open beginning on May 20 is a good sign for people who are hoping to go later in June. I'm not sure about June 1 anymore, but who knows! We have a mid-June reservation, and we're keeping our fingers crossed!

June 5th - 12th rebooked from March. We're holding out even if resort only. Naturally, we hope to have some park time even if limited. But, we will be there even if resort only as long as most food service (and hopefully the pool) is available at BLT. Contempo Cafe is really all we need. This is mostly because my SWA funds will expire in Sept. If we were to try to rebook again there is really limited room availability. Otherwise, we would be 50/50 whether to proceed or rebook.

June 13th-20. We have to get a few things lined up, not just parks opening. Wife's work policy might require isolation for 14 days if she travels. So that would also change our ability to go if that is in place.

We have SSR for 5/30 - 6/1, Vero from 6/1 - 6/5 & BWV 6/5 - 6/6.

Come heck or high water, we're going. even if we have to stay elsewhere

We have SSR for 5/30 - 6/1, Vero from 6/1 - 6/5 & BWV 6/5 - 6/6.

Come heck or high water, we're going. even if we have to stay elsewhere

Have you contacted them about your reservation starting May 30th? I might ask them to note that you still want the bulk of it Right now park hours are gone for May 30th which mean they could cancel the entire SSR stay.

We only have 2 nights at SSR, so we’re not worried if that gets canceled. We have backup hotel reservations those two nights, just in case.
We’d be more bothered if Vero got cancelled, but I’m fairly sure that one’s okay. ;)
I should add that we don’t care about the parks. We just intend to spend time in Disney Springs and CityWalk eating and drinking pixiedust:

The news I've read about Vero is very encouraging. Many resorts (Not Disney) are opening this weekend and IMO, Vero & HHI are the perfect places to social distance & test things out. If DVB is closed, then we'll go to Kimpton or one of the resorts that's open.

I've had so many people ask if we're crazy to travel so soon, but Covid just doesn't scare me and as someone who telecommutes, I need to get out of house-arrest as soon as I can.

We had a 6/14-6/22 reservation at SSR that I just rebooked to 7/5-7/13 last night. This is intended to be a resort only stay, one day at SeaWorld, but I wanted to make sure that things were mostly open and restaurants were restocked.

I expect a diminished experience. If we can still do most ADR's and the pool, we will be content. I think water parks are likely no, and probably no miniature golf. I have no issues wearing masks at Disney Springs, but have noticed a lot of ADR's opening up with their reopening announcement last that masks will be required at Disney
Springs.

The news I've read about Vero is very encouraging. Many resorts (Not Disney) are opening this weekend and IMO, Vero & HHI are the perfect places to social distance & test things out. If DVB is closed, then we'll go to Kimpton or one of the resorts that's open.

I've had so many people ask if we're crazy to travel so soon, but Covid just doesn't scare me and as someone who telecommutes, I need to get out of house-arrest as soon as I can.
That’s good news! My family considers Vero our second home. We love the area and look forward all year to getting back to the relaxed atmosphere at Vero.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!