Another still holding a June reservation?

We are booked DVC 6/7-6/14 BLT hoping if its a modified opening they will do the MK resort hotels at least as they can control the amount of people coming to MK .......

We cancelled our Vero Beach reservation for this upcoming weekend (waaah).
Just a few days ago I finally decided to cancel our VGC reservations for 7-12 June. (waaah) The CM said they are not taking any new reservations before 1 Jul (I'm not sure if he meant for DL or WDW).

I have about 20 banked points that expire at the end of September. I'm not sure if we are going to be able to book anything with them.

Cancelled our June 20th WDW resie and booked a few nights at HHI for June 10. Since the island is open I figured the Disney resort would open sooner than the WDW DVC resorts. Plus if WDW does open by June 20th it likely will be limited stuff open. And it will be easier to social distance at the beach than WDW. And less expensive. So here is hoping Disney's HHI resort opens soon.

June 9th trio still holding hope. Until I see this week they are putting another round in of cancelations.
We are open to a limited experience. We just need a break from home. And no we can not just reschedule for July we are healthcare workers.

We’re holding on to our June 6-13 reservation at Vero Beach and hoping that they will be open by then. We love Vero and feel that it is laid out well for easy implementation of the new guidelines.
Also, since Disney closed HHI, Aulani and Vero last, we’re hopeful they could reopen them first. It seems logical that there would be fewer factors to consider for the off site DVC resorts to reopen. Fingers crossed for everyone out there who is waiting and hoping!

Well, they cancelled my dining and fastpasses for half of my planned June 3 to 11 trip, the writing was on the wall, so I cancelled everything else. I'll bank most of the points. I have banked points that expire end of May 2021, and I booked a studio in late January to use them up, plus a few June 2020 point to make a trip worth it. Banking remain 323 June 2020 points, since borrowing may be limited when I go to book a big 10 person trip for Thanksgiving 2021, needing at least 2-two bedroom units, due to the family demographics involved.

Well, they cancelled my dining and fastpasses for half of my planned June 3 to 11 trip, the writing was on the wall, so I cancelled everything else. I'll bank most of the points. I have banked points that expire end of May 2021, and I booked a studio in late January to use them up, plus a few June 2020 point to make a trip worth it. Banking remain 323 June 2020 points, since borrowing may be limited when I go to book a big 10 person trip for Thanksgiving 2021, needing at least 2-two bedroom units, due to the family demographics involved.
Sorry your plans didn’t work out Chuck! ☹
Hope you have a nice trip next January.

The Governor of Florida has asked WDW and other theme parks to submit their reopening plans, so I would take that as a positive sign.

The governor has also asked them to give a specific date they intend to begin the reopening process, so it should be announced soon.

Last edited:
We are booked June 15th - June 22nd in a tree house so fingers crossed that resort will at least be open by then!!

Cancelled our June 20th WDW resie and booked a few nights at HHI for June 10. Since the island is open I figured the Disney resort would open sooner than the WDW DVC resorts. Plus if WDW does open by June 20th it likely will be limited stuff open. And it will be easier to social distance at the beach than WDW. And less expensive. So here is hoping Disney's HHI resort opens soon.

I read on the boards here that someone still has a reservation for HHI this coming sunday that has not been cancelled yet. I myself am booked June 14-19 at HHI

When did they cancel the dining and FP? Wondering what day this week they will start cancelling 2nd week in June. Though they aren't cancelling DVC resort resies though. But are camcelling CRO resies?

I read that too but also saw this posted on FB...

View attachment 495392

I believe that TA did that across the board so they wouldnt have to handle any refunds. I think it would kinda ridiculous to not cancel that guys reservation more than a week away if they are not going to be open. People have to make travel plans. HHI is a resort alot of people drive to to take beach gear.

When did they cancel the dining and FP? Wondering what day this week they will start cancelling 2nd week in June. Though they aren't cancelling DVC resort resies though. But are camcelling CRO resies?

CRO is ahead of DVC and matches park hours being taken away. Usually done on Thursdays each week.

DVC is only canceling no more than 7 days ahead so about 2 weeks behind CRO.

I received the email on Friday, but I think it was Thursday when I checked My Plans on MDE, and some of them were gone.

I was holding out hope for our June 14-20 trip, but sadly I rescheduled to July. Now keeping fingers crossed for then. Good luck everyone. Hope everyone stays healthy and safe.

I’m clicking my heels together for DVC opening as soon as Universal is open... June 1st. There’s no place like DVC... There’s no place like DVC... There’s no place like DVC.

We have a reservation at Copper Creek for June 7-14. Just received emails from Disney cancelling our dining reservations for the trip. No word from DVC yet.

We have a reservation at Copper Creek for June 7-14. Just received emails from Disney cancelling our dining reservations for the trip. No word from DVC yet.

DVC doesn’t cancel until no more than a week out and you will see it disappear from dashboard. They do not send emails.

So, assume June 1st as they only do it on Monday to Friday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter