Another still holding a June reservation?

Question:
Reservation starts June 28th using 190 banked points, June UY
Looks like my friend will have to cancel as she is a nurse and her work place will not allow out of state travel without 14 day self quarantine.
If I cancel, what happens to these points?
Thank you

Question:
Reservation starts June 28th using 190 banked points, June UY
Looks like my friend will have to cancel as she is a nurse and her work place will not allow out of state travel without 14 day self quarantine.
If I cancel, what happens to these points?
Thank you

If you cancel today, the points will be returned to your June 2020 UY and expire as normal, May 31st, 2021.

If you cancel less than 31 days before hand, they could go in to holding if DVC changes the current temporary rule of waiving that...since they could go back to normal rules at anytime.

If you cancel today, the points will be returned to your June 2020 UY and expire as normal, May 31st, 2021.

If you cancel less than 31 days before hand, they could go in to holding if DVC changes the current temporary rule of waiving that...since they could go back to normal rules at anytime.
Thanks! I rebooked her to March 2021

Sandisw, I hope you read this post because you always know the answer!
June UY
I have a reservation for extended family January 30 to February 4, 2021. It was 200 points. I think 160 were 2020 and I borrowed 40. So the family reached out tonight to try and understand the deadline for backing out if they don’t feel comfortable to travel. I think the borrowed points are stuck now and have to be used by May 31, 2021. Otherwise I need to cancel before the banking deadline? Is this correct ?

Sandisw, I hope you read this post because you always know the answer!
June UY
I have a reservation for extended family January 30 to February 4, 2021. It was 200 points. I think 160 were 2020 and I borrowed 40. So the family reached out tonight to try and understand the deadline for backing out if they don’t feel comfortable to travel. I think the borrowed points are stuck now and have to be used by May 31, 2021. Otherwise I need to cancel before the banking deadline? Is this correct ?

Just be sure to cancel at least 31 days in advance to avoid holding points. So, they would need to cancel no later than Dec 28th

You would then still have a month to bank them. The 40 points will need to be used by May 31st, 2021

Just be sure to cancel at least 31 days in advance to avoid holding points. So, they would need to cancel no later than Dec 28th

You would then still have a month to bank them. The 40 points will need to be used by May 31st, 2021
Thank you Sandisw

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!