Another waitlist fail

wdw4rfam

DVC Member/AP holder
Had a reservation with a waitlisted night on the beginning and end. Woke up this morning and both were showing available and waitlist was not grabbing them. Luckily the modify feature reappeared this morning and was able to get it myself. But still wish this waitlist would work better. This was for a AKL value room, so my hopes weren’t good that this was going to be matched anyways. But just goes to show, you still have to stalk too.

Ditto! Stalking vs. waitlisting here. Got a Savanna Studio at Jambo this morning! We were previously booked in a savanna studio at Kidani.

I saw a value 1 br and almost tried for it, but decided I better not press my luck! This was before I knew the Modify option was working again.

This was for a January ressie (1-5). Still showing Jambo availability for a few room types.

Last edited:
I had alerts set up for the one night I'm looking for in October and Disney must have released inventory it was holding because within a few minutes of each other, I got pinged that studios were available for AKV-Jambo (value, standard and savannah views), BLT (standard, lake and TPV) and Poly (standard and lake views).

{{sigh}}

I had hoped that the wait list had improved with the website changes. I guess that I will have to keep stalking for that one night that I want in April.

I tried to grab a value studio, but lost it on the last screen after clicking I accept and clicked. This is the second time over the past few days the jambo inventory got released. Though right now I was checking and it seems to now have zero availability at all levels into 2019. Something is going on. Hope it’s not a glitch.

There seems to be no rhyme or reason to this....I had Thursday Feb 21 waitlisted for a studio at OKW and have been stalking for 6 weeks with no availability. I checked before I went to bed on Saturday night, checked when I woke up on Sunday morning and checked AGAIN before I left the house to run errands and still nothing.

I get home about 90 minutes later and I have a confirmation email showing my reservation for 2/21 and my waitlist was gone from my dashboard.

Had a reservation with a waitlisted night on the beginning and end. Woke up this morning and both were showing available and waitlist was not grabbing them. Luckily the modify feature reappeared this morning and was able to get it myself. But still wish this waitlist would work better. This was for a AKL value room, so my hopes weren’t good that this was going to be matched anyways. But just goes to show, you still have to stalk too.

I was wait-listed as well for our Halloween weekend trip, for a Savannah view, saw it available. Looked back on my waitlist, it hadn't changed, so modified it and was able to get it.

I tried to grab a value studio, but lost it on the last screen after clicking I accept and clicked. This is the second time over the past few days the jambo inventory got released. Though right now I was checking and it seems to now have zero availability at all levels into 2019. Something is going on. Hope it’s not a glitch.
I agree. Now there’s no availability at Jambo for all of 2019 in ANY room. Something is going on. All I know is I got 4 nights booked and called and got them combined into 1 reservation. Even got an email confirmation. This is actually the third time I’ve seen availability open at Jambo just in the past week. Stalking now hoping they are adding more. I now have enough points to finish the reservation in a standard, but would obviously rather have the value.

There seems to be no rhyme or reason to this....I had Thursday Feb 21 waitlisted for a studio at OKW and have been stalking for 6 weeks with no availability. I checked before I went to bed on Saturday night, checked when I woke up on Sunday morning and checked AGAIN before I left the house to run errands and still nothing.

I get home about 90 minutes later and I have a confirmation email showing my reservation for 2/21 and my waitlist was gone from my dashboard.
Oh it definitely works...SOMETIMES. I’ve had many waitlists come through while stalking. You just never know when it will so I always do both.

Wow. I wonder what percentage of people have something like this happen to them, where their waitlist room becomes available but the computers do not pick it up. It seems like a lot of the complaints right now are about animal kingdom, but what about other resorts. Is this really a significant problem or is it very rare? Is Disney going to do anything about this? The waitlist becomes much less valuable if you cannot trust it, and it isn’t very valuable Most of the time anyway.

Wow. I wonder what percentage of people have something like this happen to them, where their waitlist room becomes available but the computers do not pick it up. It seems like a lot of the complaints right now are about animal kingdom, but what about other resorts. Is this really a significant problem or is it very rare? Is Disney going to do anything about this? The waitlist becomes much less valuable if you cannot trust it, and it isn’t very valuable Most of the time anyway.
Actually, the wait list system is (rather ironically, given the current thread) *more* reliable now than it used to be. The old WL used to only run once a day, so stalking was much more effective. Now the WL seems to run multiple times a day.

Thanks for reporting. This is good to know!

I had alerts set up for the one night I'm looking for in October and Disney must have released inventory it was holding because within a few minutes of each other, I got pinged that studios were available for AKV-Jambo (value, standard and savannah views), BLT (standard, lake and TPV) and Poly (standard and lake views).
How do you set up alerts? Thanks!!

There was an issue today with Jambo. No reports on what happened or how they’re fixing it. Every room in every category opened for all dates. Then, they took the whole resort out of service for booking though July 2019. This doesn’t seem to be a WL fail, at least not today. It is a fail with their booking program though...

I was shocked this morning at all the availability for Jambo the second week in December....Heck October too. I saw a Value 1br, cancelled our SSR Ressie for December & grabbed the value 1br. I'm really hoping that it wasn't a mess up of some sorts :crazy2:

Actually, the wait list system is (rather ironically, given the current thread) *more* reliable now than it used to be. The old WL used to only run once a day, so stalking was much more effective. Now the WL seems to run multiple times a day.
Wow. I just assumed it ran continuously, and that as soon as you canceled a desirable reservation, *POOF* the computer grabbed it and sent it to someone.

Wow. I just assumed it ran continuously, and that as soon as you canceled a desirable reservation, *POOF* the computer grabbed it and sent it to someone.
I would think that if someone cancels, it should scan the waitlists BEFORE it’s released as available. No cancelled room should show up until they see if someone has it waitlisted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!