Another waitlist fail

Wow. I wonder what percentage of people have something like this happen to them, where their waitlist room becomes available but the computers do not pick it up. It seems like a lot of the complaints right now are about animal kingdom, but what about other resorts. Is this really a significant problem or is it very rare? Is Disney going to do anything about this? The waitlist becomes much less valuable if you cannot trust it, and it isn’t very valuable Most of the time anyway.
I had this happen last year with my POLY reservation in September too. I saw my 2 nights show up and booked them and waitlist never grabbed it. Had it happen once before with poly too. But I’ve also had waitlists find some too.

I would think that if someone cancels, it should scan the waitlists BEFORE it’s released as available. No cancelled room should show up until they see if someone has it waitlisted.

Supposedly, this is how it works now. However, there was an update last night, and I think something got screwed up. I had a WL fill that never showed as available in the RAT. I know because I had alerts set up in case it became available. Supposedly, the computer pulls it where it sits until a CM manually changes over your reservation. It is "marked for you". There was obviously a colossal screw up this morning. Should be interesting to see how it shakes out.

I would think that if someone cancels, it should scan the waitlists BEFORE it’s released as available. No cancelled room should show up until they see if someone has it waitlisted.

I agree. Clearly That would make the waitlist more valuable and effective, and who deserves a reservation more? Someone who has put it on their waitlist is waiting, or someone who just happened to stumble across it because the computer did not grab it?

I say this not because I have used the waitlist a lot, but because I want to see the whole system function as well as possible.

A couple of weeks ago, friends and I were discussing a quick trip in a September. I got Sept 23 and 24 at Poly and waitlisted Sept 22. A few hours later, I was looking at the website to see if any studios were available. Low and behold, Poly studio for Sept 22. I booked it and cancelled the waitlist. I immediately called Member Services to link the reservations. The CM was looking at the system and said there were several standard studios available for Poly for Sept 22. She cancelled the reservation I just made and extended the original so it would be seamless. System is very strange.

I agree. Now there’s no availability at Jambo for all of 2019 in ANY room. Something is going on. All I know is I got 4 nights booked and called and got them combined into 1 reservation. Even got an email confirmation. This is actually the third time I’ve seen availability open at Jambo just in the past week. Stalking now hoping they are adding more. I now have enough points to finish the reservation in a standard, but would obviously rather have the value.
I just came on to say the same thing g. What the heck.

I agree. Now there’s no availability at Jambo for all of 2019 in ANY room. Something is going on. All I know is I got 4 nights booked and called and got them combined into 1 reservation.

I just came on to say the same thing g. What the heck.
i

The website had a major failure with Jambo earlier today. There was a an incredible glitch which suddenly listed every room in Jambo as being available every day all the time. People were booking it like crazy. Disney discovered the glitch and shut off Jambo completely, clear through 2019. This is temporary apparently while they try to fix this mess. Perhaps if you call member services they might be able to help you.

I've actually had decent luck with waitlist working, BUT I had a WL for December 1st [one night] for an AKV value studio and when I saw everyone talking about all the availability I was irritated [and of course, I wasn't seeing it]. I set this up shortly after the 11 month booking window as I own there. I honestly hope that the availability was all a glitch because I should have gotten my WL filled, if not. :(

I was shocked this morning at all the availability for Jambo the second week in December....Heck October too. I saw a Value 1br, cancelled our SSR Ressie for December & grabbed the value 1br. I'm really hoping that it wasn't a mess up of some sorts :crazy2:
Any update on this?

Looks like Jambo is back to normal this morning.
With a LOT less availability than yesterday. I wonder what they will do with all those rooms that were booked if there really wasn’t availability? The availability now looks like it did before it opened up everything. So it was definitely a glitch.

"Marionnette said: ↑Looks like Jambo is back to normal this morning."
With a LOT less availability than yesterday. I wonder what they will do with all those rooms that were booked if there really wasn’t availability? The availability now looks like it did before it opened up everything. So it was definitely a glitch.

Will they, perhaps switch the Studios to regular hotel rooms? If someone booked during the glitch, please come on and tell us what happened to your reservation.

"Marionnette said: ↑Looks like Jambo is back to normal this morning."

Will they, perhaps switch the Studios to regular hotel rooms? If someone booked during the glitch, please come on and tell us what happened to your reservation.
I did. I booked 4 nights in a value studio. I had 2 already, but found the day before and after so booked them individually. Then called and had them merged into 1 reservation. So I’m curious to see what happens.

I modified a 4 night ressie at Kidani to 4 nights in a Savanna Studio at Jambo during the glitch (1/1-1/5). So far, nothing has happened or changed. I received a confirmation email, MDE shows it, my DVC account shows it, the points have been taken out.

I’m very interest to see how this pans out.

The waitlist is working much better than in the past. I’ve had success a few times recently.

I was waitlisted for a jambo value studio September 2 and January 9. I didn’t see that particular room and nights available with that crazy availability yesterday. Figures some wide open glitch and my two needed nights were like the only two nights that weren’t available! With all that availability I thought it wouldn’t hurt to call Dvc right at opening and ms told me my WL for September 2 had filled, was just processing. Not so lucky for January 9 though.

I’m really curious how all that crazy availability is going to pan out. I actually like the hotel rooms better and two beds so I’d be very excited if they gave us a hotel room with a dumpster view instead of a value studio. It could have been just one room per category each night in which case not many folks would get a lucky bump.

The waitlist is working much better than in the past. I’ve had success a few times recently.

I was waitlisted for a jambo value studio September 2 and January 9. I didn’t see that particular room and nights available with that crazy availability yesterday. Figures some wide open glitch and my two needed nights were like the only two nights that weren’t available! With all that availability I thought it wouldn’t hurt to call Dvc right at opening and ms told me my WL for September 2 had filled, was just processing. Not so lucky for January 9 though.

I’m really curious how all that crazy availability is going to pan out. I actually like the hotel rooms better and two beds so I’d be very excited if they gave us a hotel room with a dumpster view instead of a value studio. It could have been just one room per category each night in which case not many folks would get a lucky bump.
I’d take a hotel room too. My son would much rather sleep on a bed than the pullout. The microwave is about the only thing I’d miss. I did in fact get the value studio during the glitch so who knows....

Monday morning I modified a Saratoga studio to a value Jambo studio for Labor Day weekend and so far everything looks normal. Received my confirmation and called Member Services and they let Magical Express know about the change in resort. If I get a call, I will post. I would take a regular hotel room if there is a glitch.

I modified a 4 night ressie at Kidani to 4 nights in a Savanna Studio at Jambo during the glitch (1/1-1/5). So far, nothing has happened or changed. I received a confirmation email, MDE shows it, my DVC account shows it, the points have been taken out.

I’m very interest to see how this pans out.

Good luck to you all. I also am very interested in how it is all going to pan out. I would appreciate it if people continue to comment and let us know what happens to them.

I was glad to see this thread, as I also experienced zero availability at Jambo and then the following morning was able to book five nights in a value studio for July. I received a confirmation email and linked the reservation to MDE.

This affected multiple resorts actually. it just happened in the wee AM hours for Poly, SSR, and if I remember correctly GF. Availability for those three vanished after just a few minutes though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!