Antarctic in December

Yes! But I'm finding almost no one else is! Especially seeing that they've now opened our date up to normal Ponant guests and making it a "mix in" trip.

I talked with the ABD and there are 73 so far on this trip. They tell us it will not be cancelled. We are really looking forward to it. We just went on the Arctic adventure and had such a good time.

^That seems like a good number, thanks for the info! Who are you traveling with? It will be me, my husband, my mother, and my 16 year old daughter. We actually just bought our airfare this week so it better go!

It will me and my 3 grown children. We have our airfare booked too. It’ll be our first Christmas to be away from home, but we are excited about the trip.

We are going! Me (55), DH (58), DS and his new wife (26), DD (22), along with a single father friend and his 21 year old triplets(2 boys and a girl).
How does Disney handle a mix in trip? Are we separated from the other ponant guests for excursions?

We are going! Me (55), DH (58), DS and his new wife (26), DD (22), along with a single father friend and his 21 year old triplets(2 boys and a girl).
How does Disney handle a mix in trip? Are we separated from the other ponant guests for excursions?
Wow! That's quite the group. Enjoy!!

Sayhello

You will have a wonderful time! I happened to see one of the Disney guides for your Antarctica sailing last week, and I asked him about that since this will be the first one with a mix of Disney and non-Disney guests. The Disney guests will be one grouping for the excursions and the non-Disney guests will be in a separate grouping. So when you are off ship, Disney will be separate for the adventure guide photos. On the ship, there will be some things where Disney guests will be separate ie in the theatre or the deck 6 lounge. At other times the guests may be mixed, ie the evening entertainment provided by the ship in the deck 3 lounge.

If I am counting correctly, you will be a group of 9. They put a max of 10 in a zodiac, so you will all be able to be in the same zodiac. While crossing the Drake, you will have an opportunity to indicate your separate cabins are a family group so you can all be assigned to the same sub-group. The Disney guides or the reception desk can let you know where to do that.

Please say Hi to the penguins for me!

How exciting! And thanks for the heads up to how they're going to do the 'mix-in', exactly what I figured they would do. Can't wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter