Anxiety over planning for trip

murmer

Mouseketeer
My family has a trip scheduled for Aulani in 2.5 weeks. So this week I went on to preregistration for Auntys. Get through almost all of it, hit submit and get errors out (and not cute Disney error message). So start trying to research activities and the daily iwa’s won’t come up on any device I try. It’s really hard to plan all our other activities when I don’t know when certain activities are at Aulani. I have one kid who desperately wants to do the Moana thing and another the fish one but no idea what days they are on (I assume they are not every day). Do I not really need to plan a hawaii trip? Can I do things last minute there? Or will we end up missing out because Aulani doesn’t out its info on the internet?

You can call them too. You are going at a slower time of year so I am sure there will be plenty of things you will be able to do. And yes, you need to plan for a trip to anywhere you go, not only Hawaii.

Most of our plans ended up changing because of weather. We had hoped to spend more time on the Northshore and east side, but since weather was great in Ko Olina and rainy and cloudy elsewhere we ended up with more resort time than originally planned. If you want the extra premium experiences at Auntys I would call now to reserve a spot. I believe as of last week the luau was sold out until mid May so it probably isn’t an option at this point. Many of the activities are first come first serve so you shouldn’t plan around them, or you might be disappointed. They repeat too, so depending on your length of stay you’ll have multiple opportunities.

You can make restaurant reservations ahead of time, but when we needed to change ours it was pretty easy. There were plenty of 8 o’clock hr character breakfast reservations avail, only the 7 o’clock hr reservations were less available. Ama Ama was only busy around sunset, plenty of breakfast, lunch, and 7pm and later reservations.

We did do Hanauma Bay, but we bailed on Kualoa Ranch and Kailua because of weather. I am glad we hadn’t invested in tickets before we arrived. Pearl Harbor you may want to reserve tickets if still available. (We skipped this time since our kids aren’t able to stay quiet and respectful that long)

Anyway it’s just my two cents. I am a planner usually but Hawaii is the one place I know I just have to go with the flow or I will be frustrated. I think I may have packed the daily iwa’s. I haven’t started unpacking yet, but if you are looking for specific activities I will try to look. The Auntys premium activities I don’t think were on the iwa so I would call them. Hope you have an awesome trip :)

Last edited:
if theres one thing I know about Hawaii...its that it's not Disney World...you don't really need to plan much other than getting a general idea in your head what you would like to do

if theres one thing I know about Hawaii...its that it's not Disney World...you don't really need to plan much other than getting a general idea in your head what you would like to do

I think it’s the total reverse. You only need a rough idea for a theme park and more solid ideas for visiting a state that spans 6 tourist-friendly islands (people often forget about Molokai and Lanai - most likely because they’d be boring to most kids).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!