Any Big Bear Lake Experts

Tink33

Disneyland Parade High Kicker
We just decided to go for a couple of nights this week. Any restaurants that are fun? Any activities not to miss?

I am looking at parasail or waverunners. And maybe the bobsleds at the Alpine run. We like adventure.

Hi Lesley - We go up there almost every year & stay in one of the cabins for the weekend, but although they have parasailing, we've never gone. We do rent the pontoon boats, though. They're a bit on the pricey side, but fun to take out on the lake.

I do like the bobsleds at the Alpine Run - those are fun, and they do have a mini zoo up there that we've visited. Across the lake, by Fawnskin, there is a nature center, I think, with maps of trails. Also, in the neighborhood behind the McDonalds, there is a beach on the north corner of the houses, where they meet the lake, and there is a swimming area in there.

Can't think of any killer restaurants up there since we usually cook our own.

Have a great time! (If you drive to Lake Gregory, there is a big waterslide you might want to try out, as well as water bikes, etc., that you can rent - much smaller than Big Bear, though)

My college roommate grew up in Big Bear and whenever I go to visit her we always eat at Northwood's or The Teddy Bear in downtown.

I was camp nurse for 4-5 summers up at various camps in Big Bear.....please bring long pants and shirts to change into if doing the alpine sledding ! I have treated more road rash that you ever want to guess!!!!

I couldn't believe when I saw your post! My family and I live in Big Bear and I am happy to be your "tour guide!" I am not sure when you are visiting, but things are wrapping up on the lake here pretty soon after Labor Day. It is still warm, but we get that chill in the air coming up in the next month or so. They used to have parasailing, but it has been a long time since I have seen them do it, but pontooning is always fun. Alpine Slide is fun, too, but YES, wear pants ...my hubby's first experience there gave him a HUGE cement burn on his knees. Our favorite restaurants....not sure what you are looking for, but we love Maggio's in the Vons shopping center for good very casual Italian, Village Pizza is yummy....something nicer? For sure, Northwoods and a new popular favorite is Evergreen in the Village and also Mandoline Bistro. Madlon's is a local fave for REALLY nice dinners. Let me know what info you need!

Jeanette

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter