Any chance there will be more Studio rooms with TWO beds?

One thing that needs to be done is to balance the demand between studios and 1 bedrooms. Right now the 1 bedrooms are double the point cost and either sleep the same number as in a studio or sleep less (hard to believe that).

I think the option of having some of the 1 bedrooms have 2 queen beds in the bedroom, plus the sofa bed, plus an optional pull-down under the TV would give you the option of having 5-7 in a 1 bedroom. Then change the studios back to a max of 4 only. Then we would have a built in demand for those 1 bedrooms from larger families or friends that are travelling together but want a real bed.

One thing that needs to be done is to balance the demand between studios and 1 bedrooms. Right now the 1 bedrooms are double the point cost and either sleep the same number as in a studio or sleep less (hard to believe that).

I think the option of having some of the 1 bedrooms have 2 queen beds in the bedroom, plus the sofa bed, plus an optional pull-down under the TV would give you the option of having 5-7 in a 1 bedroom. Then change the studios back to a max of 4 only. Then we would have a built in demand for those 1 bedrooms from larger families or friends that are travelling together but want a real bed.

We NEED a one bedroom for our collective family sanity so we bought enough points to not have to cram into a studio. However, I am stumped as to why they have to be basically double the points. 1 1/2 I could accept more because of physical space, but it seems a lot to be restricted to the same occupancy. An additional pull down twin, for example, would make a 1 bedroom a dream for us and worth the extra points.

In the new resorts I wouldn't mind some other config but I don't care a lot for changes to the existing unless it's absolutely brilliant and doesn't remove the King bed in the 1BR's. Getting too many room configurations make booking more difficult though and I don't think anyone wants to see that either.

Just brainstorming but maybe something that changes the Master design enough to allow trundles under the King and room for them to be pulled out and arranged? Not likely to allow that much room but..... Or some sort of Murphy bed pull down in the bedroom that wouldn't intrude on those who don't need it. Or something like the pull down beds on a cruise.

Most likely is just getting a comfortable sofa/murphy bed solution in the living area though and I'd be happy with that going into the existing rooms.

I would think selling resorts that allow you to really pack a lot of people in a room would be a difficult sell for DVD. I know I would not want to be responsible for membership fees at a resort that would have such high wear and tear.

Laura

It makes no sense to have no under the TV Murphy in a 1 bed at all. I'm perplexed by DVCs failure to do this. Hopefully they'll start with the SSR refurb.
As to 2 bed studios, no need if they start putting in the on test Murphy sofabeds which are proper beds when pulled down.

RE: The SSR test room

Was the pull down murphy in a studio or a 1 bedroom?

I also really like the idea of 2 beds in the bedroom part of a 1 bedroom.

There are simply a lot of different configurations that work best for different groups. And over years of ownership, needs will change as well. I think the more options the better.

We will be staying 3 in a studio in a few weeks @ BWV. 1 will take the bed, 1 the pullout sofa and 1 the murphy bed. We can easily share the "real bed" but we're gonna try the everyone gets their own approach and see how it goes.

I don't believe it was in the SSR test room as such, but a standard room with the Murphy sofa installed.
I understand the test room(s) have been built but are strictly out of bounds for guests and have literally been rooms to test layouts. The test rooms have the new decor etc, I don't know anyone who has seen them but I know some people have asked to see it and were refused.

I don't believe it was in the SSR test room as such, but a standard room with the Murphy sofa installed.
I understand the test room(s) have been built but are strictly out of bounds for guests and have literally been rooms to test layouts. The test rooms have the new decor etc, I don't know anyone who has seen them but I know some people have asked to see it and were refused.

The test room pics that were posted in a FB group were completely remodeled room pics. It was very nice. The person who posted also said they were given a $100 credit for staying there and doing a survey about it.

The press release for "Reflections: Disney's Rehab Clinic" announced new room configurations. Not sure if it's for the DVC side or the hotel side, though.
There is also a rumor of two people only studios at Riviera. It is possible DVC is contemplating a change in the usual room configurations to support sales and some ideas I've read here for 1 bedrooms that accommodate more people seem just reasonable.
Murphy sofa beds seem like a very good idea, cannot find any fault in it and I hope they'll be introduced at SSR.

The single bed is good for a couple who want to preserve some floor space without having two beds cramp the room. However, where I am in life, I do need the two beds.

The press release for "Reflections: Disney's Rehab Clinic" announced new room configurations. Not sure if it's for the DVC side or the hotel side, though.
There is also a rumor of two people only studios at Riviera. It is possible DVC is contemplating a change in the usual room configurations to support sales and some ideas I've read here for 1 bedrooms that accommodate more people seem just reasonable.
Murphy sofa beds seem like a very good idea, cannot find any fault in it and I hope they'll be introduced at SSR.

Heard a rumor at DHS yesterday from a DVC kiosk agent that the couples room would a room with one bed and bathroom, no kitchenette and of course would be lower points for the smaller room. It will be a room for two guests.

Heard a rumor at DHS yesterday from a DVC kiosk agent that the couples room would a room with one bed and bathroom, no kitchenette and of course would be lower points for the smaller room. It will be a room for two guests.

That would be very good for me, as a solo traverel I like to save points and I don't mind a smaller room. Something in the region of the standard BWV studios would be great even if I would miss the kitchenette.
However, "lower points" related to what? If the Riviera normal studios will have an inflated points chart (as we can probably expect), then a couple studios might even cost more than BWV garden studios.

No kitchenette? Hmm, sounds like a king-bed hotel room. I can see a market for that - “Prepay your hotel room for the next 50 years! And you can use the huge number of points it requires to stay in a 2-bedroom with your whole family at any other DVC resort, since it’s so easy to swap at 7 months!”

No thanks. Gotta be able to make coffee in the room and we also use the fridge and microwave in every room we are in. If I have the option in a hotel room I'll go for it and so many now have some sort of set up for that. It's a step backwards IMO but for those that it would work for that's great.

I too would wonder exactly what that means though - lower points for smaller room. I bet they won't be the lowest point requirements in the system though- just lower compared to PVB or VGF.

That would be very good for me, as a solo traverel I like to save points and I don't mind a smaller room. Something in the region of the standard BWV studios would be great even if I would miss the kitchenette.
However, "lower points" related to what? If the Riviera normal studios will have an inflated points chart (as we can probably expect), then a couple studios might even cost more than BWV garden studios.

I suspect that it won't be nearly as large as a BW room.

A one bedroom is twice the points because it uses twice the square footage - and that is how you measure use from their end, not how many people you can stick in the room. Therefore, to make a cheaper couples room, they'll take out some square footage. Look for no kitchenette or couch - maybe a set of armchairs with a small table between them near the sliding glass door or a loveseat that might fit two less than pooh sized people. I'd get rid of the tub in everything but handicapped accessible rooms - a shower is half the square footage. Without the kitchenette and with a 3/4 bath and no need for the room for a second full bed, you could shave probably 150 sq ft off the room size - and get 33% more rooms in the same space and have a point cost at or more than a BWV standard view studio. And that's how Disney will look at it.

I suspect that it won't be nearly as large as a BW room.

Sorry I didn't explain myself well. I mean that the couple studio will certainly be the smallest studio in the system, but if it'll have the same point cost of BWV standard studios in a resort with very good connection to two parks, then I'll rush to book there (I won't buy there because I have enough points and current direct prices are crazy).
But still we don't know the two main things: point charts and how efficent the Skyliner will be. But I'm moderately optimist.

I think it will still be fine for a certain kind of traveler even with a small room and no kitchenette (after all, it will be a shower and sleep sort of arrangement - and that is all many people want from a room at Disney), but I wanted to make sure expectations weren't set at a huge room with a king bed and full bathroom for some sort of discount on points because it only sleeps two - I mean, maybe....but I think I'd have to snort some pixie dust to convince myself that was likely.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter