Any decent non-character meals at MK?

Rock'n Robin

Disney Queen
I would like to eat at MK for dinner on the 30th of December and know I should book as soon as possible, but don't know where to book. We have done Tony's for lunch, CP for lunch (2000), LTT for dinner (last July), etc. We are doing Chef Mickey's on 1/1 so I don't think we need to do another character meal, although it's been 3 years since we did CP. Are there any good non-character meals for dinner that I am forgetting about? My newest guidebooks are a year old now and I don't want to buy the 2004 edition for a 4 day trip, since we are doing a cruise next summer and won't see WDW again until summer of 05.
Robin M.

You can have a great non character meal here....they have great prime rib. Make priority seating about an hour before the fireworks and when you get there ask for a table by the window!

If your looking for a sit down non-character meal try Tony's or the Plaza Resturant. Both have really good food. If you want fast food Cosmic Ray's has the best selection.

My vote is for CRT. We eat there every year the same night we go to MVMCP. Service, atmosphere and food are excellent. If you can get a table near the window for the fireworks show, it is an added bonus.

Your best bet for good food at MK other than maybe Crystal Palace (character) is counter service somewhere. We were extremely disappointed in both the food quality and service at Tony's. Food was just OK at Cinderella's, and quite expensive.

I would recommend taking the 5 minute monorail ride to the Polynesian instead and eating at Kona Cafe for dinner, which is absoultely delicious. Youll spend more time waiting to be seated for your PS at MK than you will in taking the monorail to Poly and eating at Kona. Great food and great service!

I think both Tony's and Cindy's are good for dinner. Not "theme park fare" at all.

I highly recommend the Plaza. The food there was great and the waitress we had was a real peach! She had a daughter about our son's age (9 months) so she knew the importance of keeping things on the table for him to do. The ice cream is fantastic! We went during spring break and surprisingly it didn't seem that busy.

Another vote for CRT. I think the food is outstanding. The Kingdom Feast is wonderful and melts in your mouth.

I also like the Plaza. We've been to MK several times and never realized the Plaza was a "sit-down" restaurant. My dd and I stumbled upon this place last December during a cold, dreary, drizzly day in the MK and I was looking for a hot chocolate. Ended up with a nice lunch experience. I highly recommend it for lunch:tongue:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter