Any exceptions to 14yo age requirement for half-marathon??

I saw a child running the half, was obviously under 14, I'd say closer to 10. They don't check IDs so maybe if you want to lie on the entry forms.... :confused3

I saw a child running the half, was obviously under 14, I'd say closer to 10. They don't check IDs so maybe if you want to lie on the entry forms.... :confused3
I think I might have seen the same child -- a young boy who looked younger than my son. My sister and I both remarked on it. As much as I think my son could do it, we would NOT consider breaking the rules. I guess we're just "square" that way... as my mother used to say... ;)

Some kids also just look young. At 14, I was being asked if I was visiting my older sibling at my high school. They thought I was about 10.

I won't say there aren't people who lie, but I'm also not going to assume a young looking child is the age they look.

Some kids also just look young. At 14, I was being asked if I was visiting my older sibling at my high school. They thought I was about 10.

I won't say there aren't people who lie, but I'm also not going to assume a young looking child is the age they look.
To be honest, this child looked 8-10yo max to me. My son is a little over avg height and had several inches on this child.

Anything is possible, though!! :)

We are alternating between Princess Half Marathon Weekend and Marathon Weekend. I ran the full last year and would love to do it again next year. Our youngest son would love to run the Marathon Weekend 10K next year, but he will be 10 years old literally 22 hours AFTER the 10K. So we'll likely do the Princess Weekend instead so that he will be old enough for the 10K when we travel. That's just how it goes.
I don't know full details but I over heard a mother talking to a friend about her dtr. who was standing right beside her about running 10 k I think it was but being under age limit by few days and that as long as an adult was running same race dtr was cleared to run.

The official answer is no. However Disney does not check birth certificates or ID for minors so it would only be an issue if your child gets hurt or needs medical attention. They would not be covered under the race insurance and could cause issues. On top of that if you are caught you and your kid could get a lifetime ban from all runDisney races. So up to you if all of that is worth the risk.

The official answer is no. However Disney does not check birth certificates or ID for minors so it would only be an issue if your child gets hurt or needs medical attention. They would not be covered under the race insurance and could cause issues. On top of that if you are caught you and your kid could get a lifetime ban from all runDisney races. So up to you if all of that is worth the risk.
Just FYI this is a really old thread. As I said as OP several posts back, we're boring rule followers. Expected the answer to be no, and since it was, we're obviously waiting. :) Might do a Rock n Roll half as his first since the min age is 12 unlike Disney's 14. Or maybe we'll just wait. :)

Just FYI this is a really old thread. As I said as OP several posts back, we're boring rule followers. Expected the answer to be no, and since it was, we're obviously waiting. :) Might do a Rock n Roll half as his first since the min age is 12 unlike Disney's 14. Or maybe we'll just wait. :)

I looked at the last post and saw it was 28 minutes ago. Drat need to look further back haha. Still good for others to know what the real risk is since some suggested just going for it.

Rock N Roll seems to be a hit or miss on how well the race is so definitely read up on your local one before signing up.

I lookd at the last post and saw it was 28 minutes ago. Drat need to look further back haha. Still good for others to know what the real risk is since some suggested just going for it.

Rock N Roll seems to be a hit or miss on how well the race is so definitely read up on your local one before signing up.
Totally agree re: Rock n Roll!! I think we'd still like his first half to be in WDW, so we'll likely wait. He can get some more 10K's under his belt, really incredibly thoroughly work on pacing for longer races, etc. Time seems to go by so quickly anyway, right?!? :)

Totally agree re: Rock n Roll!! I think we'd still like his first half to be in WDW, so we'll likely wait. He can get some more 10K's under his belt, really incredibly thoroughly work on pacing for longer races, etc. Time seems to go by so quickly anyway, right?!? :)

Yes it does. 10Ks are a great way to build endurance and train for that pacing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter