Any Fabric Paint Experts?

champagne27

Mouseketeer
Hello -

I was thinking of attempting to use fabirc paint on a few items for our next trip. Does anybody with experience with these have any brand to recommend?

Thanks so much!

try tulip. There the brand I use the most. Its a brand that stays on well and for a long time. I still have a shirt from middle school (8 years) that looks gorgeus. the only other brand I use is scribbles. I perfer the scribbles simply for the ease of use and fact they dont get cloged as much. they tend to go on alot smoother.

For simple outlined pics and small detailing the Martha White ball point tube paints are great!!!! These are simular to the Artex ball point paints of the 60's and 70's of which held up wonderfully.

I would not do a large fill in with them as the paint tends to make the fabric stiff. They are simple to use tho and last thru many many washings I have quilts that was painted with these paints that are 30 yrs old and still goin strong.

Mom has a pair of pillow cases I painted more than 40 yrs ago that is still going strong she doesn't use them much anymore but the paint is still very vivid in them. The paint does not crack an peel over time like many of the fabric paints do.

I used to teach detailed fabric painting at community colleges.

If you go to an art supply shop vs. a craft store you will probably find the Jacquard brand or Setacolor brand paints. They paint beautifully, blend well for shading & highlighting and leave almost no feel on the fabrics.:thumbsup2

You can also order them online from:
Dharma Trading.

Tulip paints & many other brands at craft stores leave a hard, non-breathable coating - almost like wearing a layer of leather or a knight's body armour - depending on how large of an area you paint.

Make sure you use an actual fabric painting brush. They have very stiff, white nylon bristles. They are created to be stiff so you can scrub the paints right into the fibers, instead of laying on top where they can later come off. A #4 or #6 flat brush should be fine for most applications.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter